“Great Value on a New Hotel”
Review of Siegen Inn

Siegen Inn
Ranked #41 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Great Value on a New Hotel”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here to be near our son's home. It is set back from the highway yielding very little street noise. The room was very clean, the bed comfortable, and the receptionist helpful. The breakfast was okay...the typical hotel breakfast. We plan to continue staying here when in BTR, unless we bring the dog with us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
DeRidder, Louisiana
Reviewed February 28, 2013

me my wife and son stayed at this hotel feb 6th and 7th of this year 2013.the staff was nice the hotel is new so it is nice and clean.at check in i asked the clerk if they had a smoking area she said yes by the pool exit door and that is where we smoked not in the room .after check out everything seemed fine i got an e statement with no extra charges. then 13 days later i find that they had charged a $250.00 fee for smoking in the room .i called the hotel and they said they could smell smoke in the room . all i can say is we did not smoke in the room.me and my wife do smoke but we don`t smoke in our house or our cars so all i can think is what a way for the hotel to make extra money how can you prove you did not smoke in a room 13 days after checkout.

Room Tip: i would say dont stay here if you smoke but after reading the other reviews i see that the same thin...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dan j
Vishal J, Manager at Siegen Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
In an effort to provide the highest level of cleanliness and health, the Best Western Plus Siegen Inn is a 100% non smoking hotel. We charge a fine for smoking in the room that goes towards sanitizing the entire room which includes all furniture including drapes, mattresses, and walls which a heavy expense. At our hotel, we believe that EVERY guest should receive utmost quality and service.

Here at Best Western Plus Siegen Inn, we don't call our guests customers, we call them family and like to take care of every one of them.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I booked my room in advance to make sure I had a room in place for a concert I was attending on valentine's and I decided to stay in town and explore the city. Front desk- polite and answered all my questions, which were few. If you wonder why they seem to never be at the front desk, I can say it's because they were actually doing something that needed their attention. Their is only one clerk on every shift, I'm assumming. The room was nice, clean and spacious. The bed wasn't as soft as I would have liked it to be but it's my personal preference. The location is a little tight but you have everything you could possibily need nearby and about 10 minutes from downtown. I could have booked a better deal or location. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013
Monroe,La
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a newer property with very good good rates. Good location near I-10 and numerous places to eat very close by. The rooms are nicely furnished and the mattresses are fairly comfortable. The free continental breakfast seemed to lack. But all in all for approximately $75.00 a night I would definitely return.

Room Tip: As usual request the top floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Olney, TX
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Overall, we enjoyed our stay...the only issue was a problem with towels. One night when we returned there was only one bath towel and no bath mat in the bathroom. There were three of us so I went to the front desk to ask for more towels where the attendant told me they had no more but gave me small and poor quality pool towels. I find it hard to believe there were no clean towels to be had as the hotel was not full...only about 10 cars in the parking lot

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank DAVID C
Dagsboro, Delaware
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel is just a year old. Everything is new. Got a room with two queen beds and they were true queens. Very comfortable and sheets and pillows top notch. Front desk personnel were helpful and polite. Rooms were large and bathrooms were average. Very very clean. Breakfast included waffle maker, eggs, sausage, breads, pastries, yogurt, juice, the usual. The one thing that stood out to me was the coffee. It was hot and good. Most hotel coffees are usually bland and warm. This was an unexpected pleasure. Only a couple of slight negatives. Rooms have a lot of wood and so due to being relatively new, there is a smell in the room. We left the bathroom fan on during the night and that seemed to help. Also, hotel is clean, but the only elevator in the place isn't. It definitely needs a good vacuuming. Lots of stuff on the carpet including stains probably from spilled coffee. Beyond that, I got nothing. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family