“Worth every penny”
Review of Siegen Inn

Siegen Inn
Ranked #41 of 78 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The Best Western Plus Siegen Inn is a new hotel worthy of and "Excellent" rating. Check in was quick and efficient with no problems. The front desk staff was great and very accommodating. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms, hallways, and public areas. The beds were comfortable and the maid staff did a wonderful job "cleaning" everyday, not just spraying "air freshener". This hotel is one of the best values in the South Baton Rouge area. If you are looking for a clean, well maintained, newer hotel the Best Western is the one to choose. The only negative was trying to navigate the narrow access road to the hotel from Siegen Drive. However, the proximity to Super Target, restaurants, and retail stores more than offset the access issues. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Baton Rouge.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Siegen Inn

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Would give this Best Western five stars just for the value. As other reviewers state, this is a new hotel or possibly freshly remodeled. The staff is pleasant and the free breakfast is nice. Note however that the pool is small but we did not have time for a swim anyway. The one less star is for the elevator which is slow, very slow. Had to compete with the plentiful cleaning staff as early as 8am to get from the 1st floor to our room. Stairs are of course available but not recommended if you are lugging bags.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We chose to stay at this hotel as it was highly recommended on TripAdvisor and was easily located near the "Great River Road" where we wanted to see the various plantations. The place is very new, nice, clean, in a good part of town and has a lot of restaurants, shops, etc nearby. Our room was very nice and comfortable. Our ONLY complaint was that we were on the 3rd floor (that itself wasnt a problem) anytime we went to use the elevator it not only took forever to arrive, but when the doors opened there was ALWAYS a member of the custodial staff in it with their cleaning cart, trash can and laundry hamper. Most of the time they would see us standing there say simply "oh" or look at us wide eyed and hit a button causing the doors to close and the elevator to go who knows where. Sure, we started taking the stairs, but when you need a luggage trolley....well, those CANT go down the stairs. Upon check out, I was asked how my stay was and I mentioned not being able to use the elevator due to the custodial staff. She merely laughed and said, "They do have a LOT of stuff." I didnt want to press it any further as the rest of the stay was great.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This hotel is brand new and even has that new smell to it. The rooms are up to date with all the necessities a traveler could need. Its in a good area with a mall and Walmart down the street, a Target next door, every fast food and upscale restaurant near by, next to the interstate, and only 5 minutes from LSU. The staff was very nice and provide you a hot breakfast. What more could you ask for? Some people are way to knit picky, this is a perfect hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2012

This hotel is very new. It's so clean and pretty. It is in a great location because it is near everthing you can imagine but actually getting to the hotel is a bit confusing. Maybe im just not used to how the roads are set up in Baton Rouge but i feel like its never an easy turn to get anywhere. You have to pass it then make a uturn and my gps just leads me to the exact location so i had to go around a couple different ways to figure out where honore rd actually was. The last best western I stayed in was very dirty in Tallahassee and i only spent $20 more to stay at this one. Compared to my last experience with best western (durring my road trip from Orlando to Austin) this is such a pleasant surprise. I slept so well because the beds and pillows were comfortable. It was much needed!

The only thing that bothered me is when u close the doors to the hotel room they slam very loud. So as I was trying to fall asleep the doors were slamming one after another. They were 100% fully booked so that is understandable. I still would highly recommend this hotel to anyone! The free parking, free breakfast, the clean pool , and free wifi was all great. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Took a quick trip to Baton Rouge and decided to stay at this Best Western. First off, I want to let it be known that the staff were friendly and helpful. They gave us good directions and hints as to the best restaurants. However, even though it is less than one year old, there are issues that need to be dealt with, We had to be switched from one room to another because the hair dryer and coffeepot didn't work in their respective outlets because of a wiring problem in that wall. The next morning the desk clerk brought up a different hair dryer that could be used in a different outlet. Thank you. The A/C unit relay was not working properly, it kept cycling on and off. After moving to another room the following day, that A/C unit also had a faulty relay. NEVERTHELESS, the rooms were clean and the beds comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on 5/4/2012 and my overall stay was good. The only problem or concern I had was that on that night I just so happen to get the munchies so i decided to head out and find something. Upon leaving the hotel to my surprise I find the over night desk clerk locked outside the hotel. I had to open the door to let her in. She seemed to find this funny. My concern was what if I had not came down, how long would she of been locked out and left the hotel unattended? Just found the situation odd. Other than that the hotel is very nice and still smells very new!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends