“Slightly run down”

Comfort Suites University
Ranked #36 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Near an adult type club but seemed ok anyway. Parked out back and curbs crumbling, benches and chairs out in cute seating area broken, pool was dirty so we were unable to use it. In the first room we were given, the headboard fell off the wall onto the bed when my son sat down. The next room was ok. Had a kitchette. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. There was a decent breakfast with waffles, sausages, cereal and other items. The issue with breakfast was having to try to compete with the housekeepers who were continuously making their breakfast at the same time as the guests. I would not stay here again because the staff made us feel like we were in their way.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Lisa-FO-Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

225-923-3377

Reviewed May 31, 2014

The guy at the desk was the same one we had in December and I thought to myself, "Not good". When I booked online, I asked for a "quiet room, away from elevator/ice/vending machines." The first room we were given was directly across from the elevator. Blake at the desk said he couldn't see my online note. (We stay at Comfort hotels often and have never had this problem.) He gives us a second room, saying it's the only remaining king. We go up there, and it hasn't been cleaned--at 4:30PM. So he gives us room 409 and this finally is OK. It's a huge space, with the bedroom being about 1/4th of the space. The bedroom had an awesome AC. We made the mistake of closing the bedroom door before bed, and the AC warmed up. So if you like to be cold, leave the door open.

My husband loved the pillows; I hated them.

The bathroom was weird--only one fluorescent light inset into the ceiling in the middle of the room. This meant no direct light on the mirror, so good luck putting on makeup. The toilet bowl had a horrible brown stain. The curtain rod curved down in the middle so the shower curtain slid away from the walls on both sides.

The living room area was huge, and looked almost empty. The lighting wasn't great. It needed a lamp on the sofa's second end table.

If it was just me, I'd book elsewhere next time. My husband liked it so I guess we'll be staying here again. But I'll bring my own pillows.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BabsinTX

225-923-3377

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We had a large 2-room suite with two queen size beds, two TVs and a living room area with a kitchenette. Large, very clean, very quiet room. The beds were very comfortable. Impeccable housekeeping. Convenient parking near the front door. Located in a very quiet area but convenient to I-10 and LSU. I'm the only adult traveling with two young boys and it was very nice to have such a stress-free experience. The only quirk was the breakfast area, Every time the sliding backdoor opened with someone coming or going I was blasted with cold air (it was a cold spell in March) which was not pleasant. I hate to say anything negative since overall we had such an enjoyable stay but the breakfast room experience was not a pleasure. Will be our hotel choice next time we're in town.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank cnh624
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stay 5 nights in the hotel.
The room is very large,full kitchen,every work well.
The room is clean,
Check-in very fast,front desk Lisa and Raeneisha was very nice.
The breakfast have everything for start my day.
Internet works.
Quiet place,parking safe.
I stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank GELCJR
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed at this motel for two nights. The rooms and lobby were clean and in good shape. We enjoyed our stay and the desk personnel were very helpful. I would definitely stay there again. I would recommend this motel to others.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The comfortor smelled like calogne, not my husbands! The front desk guy was unpleasant, the toilet got clogged when husband called down to desk at 6:30 pm, there was no answer, after several attempts to get the front desk by phone he gave up and went to the front desk. He found the front desk guy sitting at the front desk, why the phone was not answered who knows. He proceeded to tell him the toilet was clogged so he gave him a plunger. The shower where the spout comes out of the wall was broken the bathroom shower was rusted in a lot of places.
Uggh is all I can say glad we were just there over night on our way home wouldn't have stayed there another night!

Room Tip: I have no advice for this chain I will not be staying in this chain again
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lolDianne
Lisa-FO-Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2014

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Spent two nights in November and the room was huge, but awful! Smelled, peeling paint, mold, soiled carpet and the dimmest light in the bathroom I have ever seen.
Hotel seemed like the kind of place you would lay low if you were on the run from the law!! Front desk staff was very nice, but they can't clean the rooms or do the maintenance... Breakfast was ok but so crowded you couldn't get to it (LSU Football Game), so coffee was about it. Funny side note: The establishment across the street is the PENTHOUSE Strip Club (sure didn't see that before I booked), and everybody tried to park near the front door because the area looks like the kind of area your car or some of its contents may not be there in the morning!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple