“Great Stay”

Ranked #38 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Warren, Michigan
“Great Stay”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

THe Staff and all of the Managers were very helpful. The hotel was Clean and the breafast was great. The room was cleaned every day and I always felt at home there. at the end of my day they always had cookies made fresh daily.

Good Job Guys

Barry Holloway

Room Tip: Ask at the Fraont Desk
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank b h
Lisa-FO-Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks for choosing us for your lodging needs. We will continue doing our very best to give great service. We appriciate your business and hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I checked in on 2/9 and were extremely tired from New Orleans Mardi Gras fun the night before, and as soon as we saw the property, we were happy.

The exterior is a bit weather-worn, but meh, I wasn't sleeping outside. *Inside*, however, was nothing but excellent decor and warm, attentive staff. Over the course of this four day weekend, Blake, the desk clerk, was the *only* one to recognize me as a Choice Platinum Elite member. He quickly got us checked in and let us know that the elevator was down for service and went so far as to offer to help us up to the fourth floor with our bags.

We politely declined and got right up there. He called the room when the elevator was fixed, and again to ensure that we had everything we needed to ensure a comfortable stay. As we left for the evening, he offered to call us a cab and even suggested a few places to visit while in town.

Compared to the hustle and bustle of that weekend in New Orleans, Baton Rouge was tame by comparison, but in a good way. I was able to sleep a full 11 hours after quick dinner and drinks without interruption from noisy neighbors or even I-10 that was about a half mile away.

Check out was a breeze and we were very politely asked to be sure to tell others about the property - I already have and on my next trip to town, I will gladly stay here.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong here. I could barely hear people talking in the hallway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa-FO-Manager, Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
On behalf of the staff here at Comfort Suites University I would like to thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs. We appriciate the positive feed back you gave on your stay. Please think of us if you're in the Baton Rouge area in the future. Thanks again!
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was staying at Comfort Suites in Baton Rouge I was in town for a Perry Production Play,The custom service at the hotel was great, is started bad when i was eating breakfast, they was out of knife,The manager was talking to to the breakfast staff, Then went to the front desk and asked for a toothbursh and Kayla said the they was out of them, Ray the great manager that he was he said I will go to the store and get you one. five minutes Kayla brought the toothbush to my room. that's great custom services, Ray keep up the great job.I will stay again soon.

Room Tip: The rooms was great and the staff better.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jael r
I'm happy that we were able to turn your stay around. We strive for excellent customer service here at Comfort Suites University. On behalf of the staff we appriciate your business. If you're in the Baton Rouge area in the future please consider us for your lodging needs. Thanks again!
Randallstown, Maryland
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were there for the Superbowl. They service was excellent from the Manager to the wait staff. Everyone had a great attitude and the rooms were in excellent condition.. I would definitely recommend the service was superb. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
On behalf of the Comfort Suites University staff we are happy to have made your stay here a pleasant one. If ever you are in the Baton Rouge are please consider us for your lodging needs. Thanks again!
Reviewed January 26, 2013

When I arrived the young girl Kayla was very nice and pleasant, with the cutest country accent. She was very welcoming and even recommended some great restaurants and map quested directions for me. Upon the day of my departure the housekeeping staff was friendly and the breakfast was great. I will stay here again every visit to Baton Rouge.

• Stayed January 2013
Thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay. The staff at Comfort Suites University would like to thank you for your business. Please consider us if you're in our area in the future. Thanks again!
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'm in Baton Rouge often on business and this hotel is always my 1st choice. The staff here is GREAT, they are the reason I keep coming back. Breakfast is great and the to go bags come in handy as they provide a great snack for me mid day. Also as I check in I recieve my goody bag for being a priority club member. I love the attention I get here. I will definitely return here for my lodging needs.

• Stayed January 2013
Many thanks to you on behalf of the Comfort Suites University staff. We value all of our guest and strive to make your stay a home away from home. Thanks again!
Winder, Georgia
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This hotel is located in the middle of a commercial/industrial area with the only thing within walking distance is a strip club and two restaurants. For everything else, it is back in the car and a few blocks away. It is quiet and the staff was ok.
The rooms were fairly clean, but appeared not have been rennovated for some time and the bathroom did not have a very effective vent which caused the whole room to steam up when you came out after showering. Also our HVAC unit did not seem to work very well.
Getting to it from the interstate was not difficult, but not the easiest I have ever experienced.
All in all, I would only stay there again if nothing else were available.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I do apologize for the unsatisfactory stay you had with us. Since your last visit we have done some rennovations throughout the hotel. If your in the Baton Rouge area in the future please give me a call my name is Lisa, I will be happy to offer you a friends and family rate stay. Hope to see you again.