“Superbowl”

Ranked #37 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Randallstown, Maryland
“Superbowl”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were there for the Superbowl. They service was excellent from the Manager to the wait staff. Everyone had a great attitude and the rooms were in excellent condition.. I would definitely recommend the service was superb. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Lisa-FO-Manager, Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
On behalf of the Comfort Suites University staff we are happy to have made your stay here a pleasant one. If ever you are in the Baton Rouge are please consider us for your lodging needs. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed January 26, 2013

When I arrived the young girl Kayla was very nice and pleasant, with the cutest country accent. She was very welcoming and even recommended some great restaurants and map quested directions for me. Upon the day of my departure the housekeeping staff was friendly and the breakfast was great. I will stay here again every visit to Baton Rouge.

• Stayed January 2013
Thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay. The staff at Comfort Suites University would like to thank you for your business. Please consider us if you're in our area in the future. Thanks again!
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'm in Baton Rouge often on business and this hotel is always my 1st choice. The staff here is GREAT, they are the reason I keep coming back. Breakfast is great and the to go bags come in handy as they provide a great snack for me mid day. Also as I check in I recieve my goody bag for being a priority club member. I love the attention I get here. I will definitely return here for my lodging needs.

• Stayed January 2013
Many thanks to you on behalf of the Comfort Suites University staff. We value all of our guest and strive to make your stay a home away from home. Thanks again!
Winder, Georgia
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This hotel is located in the middle of a commercial/industrial area with the only thing within walking distance is a strip club and two restaurants. For everything else, it is back in the car and a few blocks away. It is quiet and the staff was ok.
The rooms were fairly clean, but appeared not have been rennovated for some time and the bathroom did not have a very effective vent which caused the whole room to steam up when you came out after showering. Also our HVAC unit did not seem to work very well.
Getting to it from the interstate was not difficult, but not the easiest I have ever experienced.
All in all, I would only stay there again if nothing else were available.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I do apologize for the unsatisfactory stay you had with us. Since your last visit we have done some rennovations throughout the hotel. If your in the Baton Rouge area in the future please give me a call my name is Lisa, I will be happy to offer you a friends and family rate stay. Hope to see you again.
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We used points to stay at this hotel . We booked it with no prior experience here. This hotel is old and dated. It is badly in need of an upgrade. It was not worth the points I spent to stay there. I am an Elite Diamond level Choice Privileges member and stay at lots of Choice hotels. This one is very poor. I would not pick this hotel again. On the flip side, the staff was very welcoming. There were winos in the parking lot too. Pass this one by!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I do apologize for your stay here at Comfort Suites University. We value the opions of our guest and pass alone all comments. Since your last visit here we have done some rennovations throughout the hotel. If you are ever in the Baton Rouge area please give me a call my name is Lisa, we would appricate the chance to correct your prior issues. Hope to see you again.

Travelers are raving about these Baton Rouge hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 20, 2012

If you are wanting friendly/helpful staff or a clean and comfortable room this is not your hotel in the Baton Rouge area. Recently I stayed here as part of my game weekend. I chose this hotel based on the proximity to the LSU campus and brand name.

Staff was not welcoming nor did they apologize for any complaints, i.e. cleanliness of rooms, lack of towels in room, lighting issues.

I would not recommend this hotel for future travel to Baton Rouge!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mick B
rick f, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We are very sorry for the issues you encountered on your recent stay. This is unacceptable and we have addressed these issues with staff. I appreciate your imput and we will do everything possible to improve our hotel and staff.
Dublin, Georgia
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I checked in later in the evening on Friday night 10/19/12, and had an extremely late meeting. I was awakened from a deep sleep at either dead on or slightly before 8:30 am by the Housekeeping staff banging on the door and shouting.." Housekeeping". Why would they not check with the front desk and clean the guest rooms of guests that have checked out already vs. going from room to room...Needless to say, I was not able to go back to sleep so I got up, put the Do Not Disturb sign up in order to get a shower and get dressed. Upon heading out for the day, I see a note on the door that says they will not be cleaning the room. I was very upset. I went to the front desk, where I had to interrupt the larger African American girl's(not sure of name) texting or phone internet usage. (Cell phones should not be able to be used while working. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL), I went through my ordeal with her and she said she would let the head of housekeeping know. Did not go out of her way to make the situation better or to even say she was sorry. I also sent a complaint to the corporate office where they responded saying they would forward this info. to the manager. I have still not heard anything from him/her. I would highly recommend considering other options before staying at this location. ******NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE DURING OR AFTER*******

Room Tip: Please pick a different hotel. You will be able to rest by going somewhere else.