“Great Stay”

Comfort Suites University
Ranked #35 of 78 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here with our baseball team and had a great stay! Customer Service was outstanding! Blake on the evening shift was awesome. Keep up the great job! Had a quality breakfast selection. Location is ideal for many restaurants and very close to the ball fields that we played out. Entire staff was very friendly. Will stay here on our next trip to the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
rick f, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for choosing Comfort Suites University. We are happy you enjoyed your recent stay. If you return to the area, please contact me personally and I will take care of your reservation.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites University

Reviewed September 18, 2012

LSU Game was going on, and all Hotels were booked. I needed a room at the last minute for Business that ran longer than I thought, and found openings at Comfort Suites.

The Front Desk staff was very friendly when I checked in. The Lobby area was quite nice. The Hotel is off the beaten path, so noise isn’t an issue.

Rooms are a bit dated & worn, but not terrible.

There was a small kitchen off the bedroom with Microwave, Fridge, Sink, and a tiny table with 2 chairs, but No Lights! With the little bit light that came from the bedroom, I noticed there was a water heater and coffee, but no cups! There was an Ice Bucket too, but No Glasses!

The Work Desk was medium size. The lamp didn’t work, so I snatched a bulb from the bedside lamp. The desk chair was stained, worn and torn pretty badly.

Medium size flat screen TV with about 60 channels, and lower than average quality picture. Most channels were pale and snowy.

Bathroom was small. Water pressure was OK. It takes a while for the water to get hot, but when it does, it comes with a vengeance.

The bed was clean, but the mattress has seen better days. It wasn’t exceptionally comfortable, but I had a few hard days, and I slept through the night.

Breakfast was late, and the guys that were there in the morning waiting, said it’s late every day, so I grabbed a coffee, and 2 hard boiled eggs, and headed out. Next morning, the lights weren’t even on, so I suppose they were right. Best to head for the IHOP a few blocks away.

It’s an OK place to stay, but there are better close by.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

On behalf of Comfort Suites University, I apologize for the issues you encountered on your last stay. These are not the standards we strive for. Our hotel staff would have gladly changed your room if you were disatisfied. We are in the process of updating our rooms and would love to have you return. Please contact me personnally and I will make sure your next stay is a great one.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I booked one night at this facility on July 15th of this year. We booked the reservation on the Comfort Suites web-site and did in deed receive a confirmation (we showed the printed copy to the clerk). When we arrived and spoke to the night-auditor (Justin) we learned that he did not have a confirmation on his computer for us and for the price we paid on web-site, he was not going to let us have a suite. We could have a room for the price we paid. Talk about being confused. We called the corporate office and they told us that they could not help us. What???? It was left to the Hotel to accommodate us. Sometimes, things just work out for the best, left there and went around the corner to the Hampton Inn and had the best of the best in service and comfort. Hats off to their front desk clerks.

Room Tip: buyers beware when using the Comfort Suites web site!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Arch W

We are very sorry for the confusion on your reservation. Choice entered the data for the room and we were going by Choice's entry. I have spoken to front desk agents and we will do our very best to accommadate all guests on available room types. Again, I am so sorry for the confusion.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed on the first floor in a clean spacious room. I was participating in a triathlon the next morning and appreciated the large kitchen area separate from the bedroom for storing my bike. It would have also been great for my boys to snack had we done that in the room. Nice selection at breakfast time. Friendly hotel staff. Housekeeping made up the room while I was at the race but didn't disturb my husband or boys who slept in until 8:30 (I had to be out @ LSU @ 5:30 am) and they just came out to see me cross the finish line. Anyway everyone we dealt with from front desk staff, man who set up breakfast and housekeeping lady were polite friendly and courteous. My family of 4 had a great experience and I will stay here the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for your kind words on your recent stay. These are the standards we strive for and on the behalf of the staff, we appreciate your imput. if you are ever in the area again, please contact me and I will make sure your stay is a great one.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have stayed at this property numerous times. It is a good location for my needs. It is always clean and staff is efficient. However, be sure to hang the Do Not Disturb sign, as the staff is apt to knock at 8-8:30 to see if you are ready for your room to be cleaned! Furnishings- mattress, tubs, floors are a bit worse for wear.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
rick f, Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank's for staying with us in the past. Our hotel is in the heart of the city and we are close to most attractions. Next time you are here, let us know at the front desk and we won't check your room until after you have departed. Look forward to your next stay. Thank you.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

the toilet was nasty, the room reeked, there was mold in the shower, towels were stained, the carpet was tattered and looks nothing like the internet pics. definitley would not recommend. reserved the room for three days, spent 5 minutes in the first room and was switched and spent even less time in the second one. decided to stay at the baton rouge belle casino hotel, paid a little more, but it was well worth it. doesn't deserve the 2 star rating.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

We are so sorry for the issues you encountered on your recent stay. We at Comfort Suites University appreciate your business and want you to be 100% satisfied. We are in the process of updating our large rooms and the linen problem has been corrected. If you are ever in the area again, please contact me personally and I will make every effort your stay will be great and memorable. Thank you.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Good location but the door in the stairwell was propped open everytime I used the stairs, which was frequent as the elevator was broken and we were on the fifth floor. The door being propped open, empty beer cans on the stairs and the strip club across the street did not make me feel safe. We arrived on friday--green slime in the pool (which was cleaned by sat afternoon) and stair stepper and treadmill would not work. Breakfast pretty poor but the hotel staff must have thought it was pretty good because they helped themselves. A/C in room LOUD and cycled on and off constantly. LR VERY small but BR large. Everything old--holes in the towels. Beds comfortable though...

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

On behalf of the staff at Comfort Suites University, I apologize for the issues you experienced on your recent stay. These are not the standards we strive for. We made every effort possible to have the elevator repaired as soon as possible as well as the pool. The breakfast issue has been resolved, as NO employee's are allowed to eat breakfast any longer. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention.