“Southern hospitality”

Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge
Ranked #48 of 78 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed June 2, 2010

the Red Roof in Baton Rouge has recently been upgraded, the rooms are very nice and the staff are VERY accomodating, I stay there at least once a year and am pleased to say it seems to get a little better each time I stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank patthewineguy
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge

Reviewed February 21, 2010

Out of money and tired of sleeping in the car, decided it best to get this cheap hotel room. It looked clean until we noticed hair all over the bathroom floor, and roaches, yes cockroaches everwhere in the room. not one, not two. They were everywhere. The toilet was disgusting, and burn marks in the blankets and night stand and ceiling... Would rather go back to sleeping in the car.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank chocoskit
Reviewed August 31, 2009

The room was $50 for the night and would accept my pets, however my pets found a used condom and trash under my bed. Need I say more? I left immediatley and drove to Lafeyette. Stayed at the Pear Tree Inn by Drury. $30 more a night was worth not having to sleep in that horrid place. Never ever again.

• Stayed: August 2009
3  Thank alicaibeme
Reviewed February 1, 2009

The pet friendly policy of Red Roof Inns caused me to rethink my ban against this chain since 1999. It is back on my "never again" list. I paid for wireless and could not get it because the clerk sold the pass word to another guest. The corporate office lacks professionals; a letter sent to the CEO has never been answered. The La Quinta is two exits west and worth the $20 more

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank constant_traveller56
Reviewed January 2, 2008

We were booked for several rooms at this Red Roof Inn on our way back from a family trip to Florida. The non-smoking rooms reaked of smoke. One room had cigarrete butts floating in the toilet. Another room smelled of urine and when we pulled the sheets back in our room, there were hairs on the sheets.
When we complained, the young lady at the check in counter (who was new) was very nice and apologetic, but was unable to get us different, cleaner rooms. It seemed that the houskeeping was not doing their jobs of keeping the motel clean.
We stayed at a Red Roof Inn in Pensacola on the way to Orlando and it was very clean and comfortable.
For the cost of this motel in Baton Rouge ($70.00) It was not worth it!
We requested our money back and drove one more hour to LaFayette and stayed in a hotel there.
My advice, drive a little further up the road and stay in a cleaner hotel.

Stayed: December 2007
2  Thank SanAntonioTravelor
A TripAdvisor Member
Orange, Texas
Reviewed September 11, 2005

I booked a room 10 days in advance, reserving it for 19 nights so that I could begin a new job in a new city. When I arrived, the motel clerk said my reservation had been cancelled. I said it hadn't, and I showed him the reservation confirmed by Red Roof Baton Rouge and guaranteed. He said the motel had overbooked and cancelled my reservation. When I told him that wasn't an option and no one had contacted me, he said they didn't have my phone number, only my credit card number and name. When asked why the motel didn't contact my reservation service to find out my phone number or address and contact me, he had no answer. The owner was in Paris, the assistant manager couldn't be reached, the general manager apparently was untouchable and had given orders not to be contacted. After 90 minutes of wrangling, he had found no room for me, everything else in Baton Rouge was booked after Hurricane Katrina, and I had to drive three hours back home and call my boss the next day to report that I couldn't come to work on my first day because the Red Roof Inn had defrauded me of my reserved space. ... A complete nightmare.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 12, 2005

I went to the red roof inn, and I went on April 7th, I had made a reservation several weeks earlier. I went for the Joyce Meyer convention. At first I had my debit card, andI left my drivers liscence in the car. I went to the car to get my licensce, and on the way back in, I could not find my debit card, which I had in my hand at first. Well, I could not find the card, they would not call my huband to verify the card. Thay would not let me stay there without my card. Which I misplaced in the car. I had to find a room somewhere else. They were very rude, and uncaring. I will never go there again. I was lucky enough to get a room at the Ramanda Inn, at the last minute, without a debit card. The Ramanda Inn is the best place to stay. I had a real free breakfast there, and the people were great...., so stay away from the red roof inn, in Baton Rouge, La.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member