“Excellent”

Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge
Ranked #48 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great hotel and friendly service excellent location clean rooms cheap rate for a price. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends I stay here twice a week when I am in town for night school

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Austin
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean (though there was a slight smell inn our room), and the price was great (around $60.00 for two). However after staying at the hotel for a couple of hours we had to leave (and find another hotel for the night) as the guests were very sketchy. I suspect that there was drug activity going on in several of the rooms. I was afraid that my car would be broken into during the night or not even be there in the morning. We will not be back ... Clearly one gets what one pays for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bobInAustinTexas
RRI141, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear HappyCouple3333,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Baton Rouge Red Roof. I am sorry to hear about the security issue that’s note in your review; please accept my sincerest apologies. Please know that we take matters of such very seriously. We will meet with our security and review the feedback you have provided. Reflecting the positive, I’m happy to know that our staff and room quality was sufficient.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This location has just been redone beautifully. The house keeping staff have gone the extra mile. Kathy in laundry has keep me supplied as I used it up being sick. The property name is 7141in Baton Rouge Louisiana just off I 12. Easy access to everything. There is no pool or fitness center which I miss marked. Lyn

Room Tip: No pool or fitness center. The first floor 112 is king size reign, micro, and safe.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RRI141, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hello Merlyn W,

We truly thank you for your kind words and honest feedback in regards to your stay with us. It’s wonderful to hear the positive that comes out of our hard work as a team. Ms. Kathy is going to be very excited to see her name mention.

Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after leaving another horrible hotel. I have been to other Redroof Inns that are nice. This one needs a manager that pays attention to detail and maybe walks the rooms and looks after the cleaners and does a functionality test.

-Shower head sprayed all over wall down to floor where the baseboard was coming off and shows mold. I was able to tie a wash cloth over the leak to contain while I was using it.

-I was a le to loose 10lbs because I had to get out and in the bed to change the channel on the TV because the remote didn't work.

-Nasty dirty behind the bathroom door

-A/C didn't seem to work the first night. It did the second night but sounded like it was going to bring down the wall

-It was scary walking into the front office at night. I thought that the front desk clerks Homies were mad that I interrupted their conversation.

I have been managing businesses for over 15 and would be ashamed.

But I am not sure it is totally the managers fault...as see. In other reviews he seems to care....maybe it is the lack of budget to pay enough for people that give a crap

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Vt24060
Hello Vt24060,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I will definitely investigate the issues noted on your review. At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback you provided is very important to us. If you like to share more about your experience in our lobby, you can call or email me at 225-275-6600 / i0141@redroof.com.

Holden
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Red Roof Inn has a great staff, nice rooms, I would stay there again. Quiet and comfy.
This was a good cost effective place to stay. The staff was helpful and friendly and the room was clean and tidy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us such positive feedback regarding your recent stay. I have posted your review for the entire staff to see. Everyone is thrilled to know their hard work is appreciated. We hope to see you next time you travel to Baton Rouge.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I went back to the Red Roof Inn where I was treated very well before. This hotel staff is above and beyond curtious, respectful, accomidating, and just down right delighful. They have been and still are #1 in customer satisfaction, from the front desk staff all the way up to the manager. This is truely an establishment to provide the best quality of service to their customers. I wish these managers and staff could train others hotels/businesses on customer service.
I am a frequent traveler to baton rouge, louisiana and generally book whatever hotel is closest to the part of town i need to be (generally there for several days). BIG MISTAKE!!! Customer service has SERIOUSLY gone out the window in business these days. No matter how much I was paying for hotel service I was treated with disrespect, and on a few occasions cruelty). If u are looking for respect, top notch customer service, value, and a good nights rest then Red Roof Inn in BR is the only place u wanna be!!! PLUS: Great pillows :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RRI141, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Hello Caitlin W,

Wow!! What a great review!! Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful thoughts on our hotel & staff. That is truly what our hotel is about and we are delighted to hear that we are #1 in your book when it comes to customer service. Thank you for recognizing our hard work for making sure that you had a great stay. We hope to see you again!!

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This Hotel is the best for the money for a Budget Hotel. Great Staff, good location. Free internet, new large screen TV. Quiet and comfortable rooms. This is my 3rd week here and will be staying for several more weeks!

Room Tip: The large King rooms are the best deal!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear David Ox,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your nice comments on your stay! I am thrilled to hear that you find our location very convenient and it’s nice to hear that you will continue to stay with us. I will make sure that my team is commended for their superb service. Thank you for your recommendation and loyalty. We look forward to the continuation of outstanding serive.

Best Regards,