“It's ok. Fine for the price.”

Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge
Ranked #48 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Placerville, California
“It's ok. Fine for the price.”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Room smelled musty. Bring some air freshener.
Wifi kinda sucked, only got 3 bars most of the time on my laptop and it dropped often. Made it difficult to check email/facebook.
Bed is meh, it's a spring mattress.
Takes forever to flip the TV channel because of some weird programming thing they had onto there.
For some reason there was like leftover gum or something on the seat we had in the room.
Red stain on the carpet. I don't know why.
Walking around in socks didn't make the soles brown, which is good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AnonA529
RRI141, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Hello Anon A,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay. We have a great property and an excellent staff and I am sorry for the issues noted in your review. I was disappointed to read some of your comments. We are a classic property but we are constantly updating our hotel and we strive to be the best when it comes to service. I am happy to hear that your experience with the room carpet went well. I hope that the next time you travel to Baton Rouge you will try us again.

Take Care,

Darick Washington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Huntsville, Texas
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

I travel quite a bit, but it has been a while since I have stayed at a Red Roof Inn.

Here are some ratings and a few extraneous notes.

5. Housekeeping comes every day and brings clean towels and makes my bed. And nothing went missing.

4. Heating unit and air conditioner works great, and really combat the musty smell of the room. TV is nice and large too. Air-conditioning noise drowns out any traffic noise.

3. My stay has been incident free. However, this hotel seems to have its share of crackheads and meth addicts.

2. The comforter has burn holes in it, and something is jabbing me in the side from the mattress.

1. I discovered hair from at least two prior guests in the shower and mixed into the towels, and I spotted a roach. This room also has a serious humidity problem

• Stayed October 2012
RRI141, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Xagolds,

Thank you for sharing your experience and giving us such clear feedback. I will post your ratings and notes for our entire staff to see. I can assure you that we will work very hard to improve those scores. Thanks again for taking the time to give us a review.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

The hotel was clean and the bed was very nice. Had a good nights sleep, with very good coffee in the lobby in the morning. Good staft. Easy off and on from hwy. Waffle House right next door. Would use again. Good price and clean rooms. You can't beat it.

• Stayed September 2012
RRI141, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Candimom1,

First I would like to thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs. I would also like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share with the world such positive feedback in regards to your stay here at Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge. We look forward to your return, and hope we will be able to service you above and beyond your experience in the near future.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 2, 2012

First the positives...good size room, but might not have had the standard one (more in a sec under negatives)... nice TV with enough channels...big bathroom...comfortable bed...great location (more in a sec under negatives)...clean room....small fridge...microwave...good price...filled for at least 4 consecutive nights (2 of which I was there)....plenty of parking...air conditioner works very, very well! Now the negatives...only one clerk out of 4 that I dealt with over 2 days really seemed competent to me...I had reserved non-smoking queen, and all they had at 4PM in the afternoon was smoking or non-smoking handicapped (I took the handicapped room so I don't know if that made the room and bathroom bigger or not). To be fair, they had lost power for 2 days with Hurricane Isaac right before my stay so that could have caused the room issues...worst thing about the motel is the location traffic. It is a great location with stuff around but Sherwood Forest is many times a zoo and they are near the intersection of Sherwood Forest and the onramp to I-12. Either you have to circle the field and use the traffic light to the north to get in the vicinity or have to count on the courtesy of strangers to let you turn into Boardwalk to enter or to let you get out on to Sherwood Forest to leave. This place fills up quite a bit so if you want to stay here, make a reservation ahead of time, especially if LSU is playing at home that week.

Room Tip: Believe who you want here but if this place supposedly is so bad, then why does it fill up all the t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank tfberry
RRI141, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear tfberry,

We truly thank you for your kind words and honest feedback in regards to your stay with us. It’s wonderful to hear the positive that comes out of our hard work as a team.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Best thing I can say about this place is that's it's cheap. Rooms were dirty and smelled musty. The parking lot is dark and I didn't feel very comfortable alone outside at night. There were no towels in the room except for the hand towel, and I didn't notice until too late. Luckily the hand towel was enough, but please! I would look harder for nicer place next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
RRI141, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Mr. Wolfpacker96,

Thanks you for posting your concerns in regards to your stay with us. We would like to apologize for your experience as this is not something we would want repeated. Our team takes all our guest concerns seriously and I will immediately pass this information on to our staff and utilize it as a learning tool. We hope to better serve you in future stay.

Baxley, Georgia
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I was on a business trip with a co-worker and stayed at this hotel as I have liked most I have stayed in. Upon our arrival into our room, we noticed that in the bathroom there was used soap and shampoo in the shower. I went to the desk and mentioned this and they did credit me $20 for the room. They said that they would have a full service on the room the next day. When we arrived back the next day, the room was vacumed, one bed was made the other not, and the shower still had the soap and shampoo in it. They apparently don't care about customer service as nothing was done to correct the issue. My co-worker and I checked out and went to the Days Inn in Denham Springs, LA for the next 3 nights. For being a national chain, I don't know why corporate doesn't get involved with the hotels that don't care about their guests. I think that the Red Roof Inn should model themselves after the Jacksonville Southpoint and the Miami Airport. Those two hotels are extrodinairy and would reccommend them to everyone travelling to either city. As for Baton Rouge, LA, it was absolutely disgusting and wouldn't reccommend it to the flea's.

Room Tip: Go to any other hotel but this one. They don't care about you or your concerns, just want to mak...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Royal_US_Marine
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback of your experience at the Baton Rouge Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, and that we fail short of goal to deliver 100% satisfaction to you. Please accept my sincerest apologies.
At Red Roof, we strive to provide superior service to every customer; therefore I would like you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business.

The Villages, Florida
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We were traveling to the USBC national bowling tournament and did not have a reservation. We stopped at the Red Roof and they had just what we wanted a king. It was very nice clean and relative big, with a large desk (with wifi), good bathroom and pleasant staff. We enjoyed our two nights there

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple