“Worst place ever”

Ranked #71 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
The Woodlands, Texas
“Worst place ever”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Already posted a review on hotels.com. Also sending team out to review hotel details as they misrepresent the rooms. Anyways, was a bad stay. The hotel caters to the bad crowd. Had hookers hanging around outside when we pulled up. Drug deals going on in front of the sign in window and free rooms given to the ladies friends. We hadn't even been there 5 minutes. We checked in anyways cause we were tired and it was late. The beds are twin/minifull size when they advertise them as queen. Dimensions were 52.5 x 74.5 when queen are 60 x 80. They refused to acknowledge they do that. They also allow the condensate drain from the A/C's on the second floor to drip onto the first floor. The rooms are not secure, doors are broken, windows are loose. Carpet was cut up in patches, almost like a crime scene. They also double charged us, which we did get back. However they won't refund the second night even though we checked out after one night. My recommendation is to drive 10 more miles and get a better hotel for about 10 dollars more. By the way we were to scared to eat breakfast there.

Room Tip: Go about 10 miles east on highway 12 and get a room. Much better place.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
magnusonhotelbatonro, Webmaster at Magnuson Hotel - Baton Rouge, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Magnuson Hotel Baton Rouge for your recent stay in our area.

• Security and management were approached about eliminating the “business dealings” going on the Hotel property.

• Management was informed to check the information which are displayed on various website and rectify if required.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the A.C, Doors, window, carpet and instructed to see to solving the problem.

I hope that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at the Magnuson Hotel Baton Rouge. I think you will be greatly pleased.

hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My room was dirty shower was not clean the shower head was broken so water was all over the small bathroom when I first got into the room there was water on the floor because the refrigerator was not working so I told the girl at the front desk that I need towels and she told me not to come get them because she was going to get someone to bring them and they never came I slipped in the water plus the alarm clock didn't work and I couldn't sleep because people was outside my room door talking all night and I still have yet to see or speak to a manager

• Stayed September 2013
magnusonhotelbatonro, Webmaster at Magnuson Hotel - Baton Rouge, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Magnuson Hotel Baton Rouge for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you like the location.

• Maintenance was informed of the broken shower head, not working refrigerator, not working alarm clock in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.
• Housekeeping was instructed to see to it that the rooms are properly supplied with towels before being released as ready for occupancy.
• Management was approached about their responsibility to seed to it that our valued guests are thoughtful of their fellow guests when it comes to unnecessary amounts of noise.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Magnuson Hotel Baton Rouge. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Travelers are raving about these Baton Rouge hotels

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The moment we open the door, the awful smell came along welcome us. The entire room is awful and very uncomfortable. Decoration of the room is old, filthy and dark, even I have opened the curtain to let the sunshine in. This hotel really is in bad condition.Table light wasn't working. Door frame was damaged, Iron board has stained on it. Towel rod got rusty. Worst thing is we saw spiders in bathroom. And few places on my leg got bitten by unknown insect.
It is non smoking room but we found out the blanket has burnt hole by cigarette.
Breakfast has very limited choice and repeatedly daily.They also don't refill. Often we found the bread section is empty with no bread at all.
It is huge disappointed and the price is way too expensive for the condition of the motel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
magnusonhotelbatonro, Webmaster at Magnuson Hotel - Baton Rouge, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize we were unable to provide you with an exceptional stay.

We take our guest reviews quite seriously. Upon receipt of your review, we have taken the steps to eliminate any smell and other observations made by you.

We have taken adequate steps to check and ensure that the overall amenities and a system to maintain the cleanliness of the rooms perfect before checking in a new guest and the concerned staffs have been given the required training.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay with us.

I think you will be greatly pleased.

Paris, France
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I'm not picky when it comes to hotels as long as they are CLEAN! I arrived at 2am to this hotel after driving 12 hrs, I was given a filthy room with bed sheets that had stains and cigarette burns. I was given a 2nd room which carpet was filth and again, the bed sheets were dirty. We were so exhausted that we settled for the 3rd room. which had roaches. The toilet had nasty stains and the bed shirt of the bed had really disgusting stains. ( I have pictures to prove it! ) THIS HOTEL SHOULD NOT BE OPEN UNTIL THEY LEARN BASIC HYGIENE! THE OWNER AND IT'S ASSOCIATED SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

Room Tip: Pay the extra 10-20 bucks. It will be worth it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cinthia A
magnusonhotelbatonro, Webmaster at Magnuson Hotel - Baton Rouge, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Hello Esteemed Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Magnuson, Baton Rouge recently.

We saw your review and apologize for your experience howsoever it might have happened.

We have engaged a professional team to check the housekeeping, cleanliness and all the amenities and to ensure the rooms are in the finest condition before a new guest is checked in.

Also we plan to redo the entire property in the near future.

It is our earnest request to make note of the actions and reconsider your decision.

Hoover
Reviewed July 23, 2013

First mad at Expedia--two uses both regrettable--one actually probably a nice place in good area of Dallas BUT under construction so indoor pool and gym were closed and nothing in their business center worked. “Gee” those features won’t important to me in my week stay. And EXPEDIA DID NOTHING AND WOULDN’T LET ME CANCEL THEN. That was a couple of years ago and they did nothing---“NOW”I got the Indian phone center shuffle where the "supervisor" was far less comprehending than the first girl--didn't speak English well we are sorry you are not happy but can do nothing. I was cool but wanted to blow up as he repeated what I had just acknowledged and said AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Now this place NOT A 2 STAR BY ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION ---next to a two one star chains Super Whatever and Knight's Inn also not 2 star places (lowest spot on the chains—motels, not hotels). OK room was passable and since the staff and owner were nice I wanted to like this place UNTIL I showered and found out how dirty the floors were--I walked barefoot in the room (not outside) maybe coal miners stayed before me--that bad my son has played in mud and less dirt washed off---which is too bad because another review showed stained sheets--they were clean and although dated the room and bed was OK. Where this place really dies is the clientele—“think ghetto” it is a weekly rental for those who can't get an apartment--that is why I HATE EXPEDIA --I travel often I have never had a bad experience with Travelocity, Price Line nor Hotwire--they don't play with ratings adding stars and update--also those trying to figure what hotels they using for deals are is easy on side sites with people telling what hotels are secret hotels being used.

Liked the owner but he had no illusions able this place --actually said in more blunt terms about the people who stay here-- I am thrifty because I travel all over the country and company is not picking the tab but not desperately climbing the ladder anymore that I must go cheap to survive, so I won't try to ever stay in under a 3 star again NOR EVER USE EXPEDIA AGAIN--THEY LIE!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
magnusonhotelbatonro, Webmaster at Magnuson Hotel - Baton Rouge, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us during your recent visit to our area.

We definitely appreciate your review and observations.

In fact, it’s one of the only ways we can improve.

Thanks for all your observations and we have taken steps to improve upon your suggested areas.

We would like to invite you once again to choose is when you visit our area and experience the difference.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed here one niggt as we drove from LA to DC. The room was in the same price range as other cities and located off a freeway. Once we arrived the room we were suppose to stay i would not open. After getting an ard security guard to check it out first before allowong me to walk in they realized they had left a families belonging in the room and locked it up to force them to pay.

The guests living their long term were rough. I was worried my car would be broken into and even slept with a knife.

Staff was terrible. House keeping woke us up at 9 after we drove all night and then stood outside our dopr at 11 to throw us out. Worst hospitality.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

We are sorry that it wasn’t the pleasant experience you had anticipated.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated.

We have given special training to the hotel staff to offer our guests the best hospitality and service always.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, You will once again choose us for your stay.

We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be pleased.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The bed sheet was not clean and when I asked for some clean sheet I was told that he couldn't then I asked for a refund and I was told that I couldn't get a refund so never will I stay here again !!!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Kelsey08
magnusonhotelbatonro, Webmaster at Magnuson Hotel - Baton Rouge, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to our area.

We also appreciate your review and observations which shall really help us to improve further.

Additional measures have been taken to ensure the best cleanliness and proper amenities in the rooms. All rooms are being thoroughly checked before a new guest is checked in.

We also have taken all the steps to ensure that our guests get the best services and hospitality during their stay.

We invite you once again to choose our hotel again and feel the new experience of hospitality.