“Recent trip to Baton Rouge”

Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace
Ranked #54 of 78 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here for four days. The room was comfortable and it was nice having a kitchenette in the room. I wasn't very happy over the room rate changing to a higher rate for two of the four days. This is a good hotel if you are looking for a quiet place to stay. This property could use some upgrades and better housekeeping. The staff are very pleasant and helpful. Overall, it is a good choice for travel to Baton Rouge.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank grits56
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so glad that you found your room to be comfortable and that you liked the kitchen. As well, it is great to read that you enjoyed the service our staff provided. Still, I am sorry that our rates increased during your stay; however, these are subject to change at any time.

Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward to having you experience our improvements the next time you visit us.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel was a nice surprise - a good size clean room albeit with only a double bed but equipped with a full size fridge, two burners, micro and dishes and utensils. As a result, we could save money & shop at Whole Foods a mile down the road. picking up prepared dishesn to reheat. Also helpful is the onsite laundry complete with soap-dispenser machine. Front desk was kind enough to change our money into quarters. There is a smell in the corridors but none in the room. Breakfast was disappointing, only coffee/tea and a few fruit. There were extra bins but they were empty so presumably the early birds took it all.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Masca
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Our team would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room and how much you enjoyed the kitchen amenities that we offered. I am also glad that you let us know about your experience with our grab-and-go breakfast. It is a very popular addition to our hotel; however, we are constantly making improvements so we will keep your comments in mind as we do so.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to having you stay with again.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

the only bad thing for us was the fact that we were in a smoking room... but that wasn't on the hotel, we got our rooms super cheap from price line.... now on to the good things... clean rooms, dishes, and fridge, super helpful staff, great centralized location... overall a great stay... my kids and I enjoyed ourselves... we cooked great meals while there and had a blast...I highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank mrsTolentino
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Mrs. Tolentino - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you and your kids had a great time. We enjoyed having your family stay with us as well. We also appreciate your acknowledgement of the good things we consider most important when providing a place to stay- a clean room and the ability to cook great meals.

Thank you again from myself and my team.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here for three days on business from 9/10 to 9/13 and was very pleased. Victor, who checked me in, could be working at a five star hotel. He was very pleasant and courteous throughout my stay, called to make sure that the room was to my liking and greeted me by name when he saw me throughout my stay. Debbie who checked me out was wonderful as well. The location is great, a short distance away from I-10 and situated so that you can easily get to downtown or East Baton Rouge without using the freeway, which is absolutely horrendous during rush hour. There are a couple of good restaurants within walking distance and the area is very new, extremely safe and quiet. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable with plenty of electrical outlets which were easily accessible. Plenty of upsides to staying here. Only downside was that you can't turn left out of the parking lot and have to make a u turn to access the property if you're coming from the east on Corporate Blvd. No biggie, though. I would absolutely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JoeVH1951
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Joe - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff, your room and our hotel's location. I especially appreciate your personal acknowledgment to Victor. Our front desk team strives to give a great "home away from home" experience to all of our guests. They will be so pleased to know that they were able to do this for you too.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I agree with the other posters....The room I had (314) had a horrible sour smell. The first night I was told there were no more rooms available. The second day housekeeping masked the smell with Febreze but within hours it came back-STRONGER!! Eventually I was moved to another room and guess what??? AC out in that one...sooooo I yet again move my things to another room (3rd move) and that room was FUNKY and the stove did not work. Management had the audacity to tell my husband the smell could have been soiled closed. NO, lady I don't think so...this sourness was in the air long before I set foot in the room and it was still there after I changed rooms. Even the housekeeper noticed the smell. Great concept for a hotel, staff is professional but rooms are not well ventilated and they STINK as verified by below posters. Never again, I went on priceline and RAN to Doubletree....you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Look and smell the rooms before you make this choice!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My friend and I decided to stay in Baton Rouge to check out what actually happens there. Generally, it is a town passed through to get to New Orleans. My friend had a very unpleasant experience at an Extended Stay in Alaska, and was reimbursed with 2 nights at any other Extended Stay. So, Baton Rouge it was. Although there were "hiccups" on the Alaska end of the deal, the staff were all exceptional and professional in Baton Rouge. It is in a very nice business oriented end of town. Another Broken Egg is around the corner and a good place to brunch. A movie theater and tavern were both within walking distance. The room was very clean, quiet, and I love the option of not having to eat out every meal by having a stove and fridge in room....Not that we used it. As 2 single women, we felt very safe, as well. Hope this helps!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eva C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Eva - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that your stay in Alaska was not what you expected. Still, we are are delighted to know that we were able to make your stay in Baton Rouge a pleasant one. We truly appreciate knowing that you enjoyed our staff, the location of our hotel and how safe you felt at our property.

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay sometime in the near future.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Came in at last minute without reservation but staff was very friendly and helpful. Got us a room just like we needed. Room was very nice and clean. Was very pleased with our stay and will stay again if jn this area.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank bmayotx
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baton Rouge - Citiplace, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the friendliness of our staff.

Once again, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.