“Good place to stay in Baton Rouge”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #35 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
San Antonio, Texas
“Good place to stay in Baton Rouge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Young ladies at the front desk were very friendly and helpful upon check-in and check-out. Our room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was good. Typical hotel breakfast food. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed here only for one night (thank god). This place is dismal. There is not a speck of green around the place within 100 yards and the place looks like a long term storage facility. They only provided two very thin bath towels for our use. The rooms and lobby are dark and colorless. Very cold and uninviting place to relax after a long trip. The desk staff was very friendly and helpful but did not negate the dreariness of this place. Finally, the breakfast was terrible -- for what was there. No eggs, fruit loops or raisin bran, very limited choice of yogurt, no fruit, coffee was abismal. We have paid much less for accommodations in other locations, including Mobile and Chattanooga which were significantly better than this place. Don't waste your money here go somewhere else. I don't know where the good reviews for this place come from!

Room Tip: There r no good rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 27SKY
Kingwood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Saw the property from the street but could not quite figure out how to get to the drive in until we drove into the credit union parking lot. From there it was easy to then move to the parking area to register.
The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful. The check in took a couple of minutes. As I stood at the front desk I glanced to the left and was surprised to see a large atrium in the center o the hotel. Our room was on the second floor and riding the elevator up we looked out into the atrium. Four large sectionals were in each corner of the atrium floor. They looked very comfortable.
The room was clean and quiet. A/C was going full blast and it took me a few minutes to notice the control on the wall instead of in the unit. The thermostat took control and the temperature settled down to a comfortable spot.
The breakfast was well stocked but did not have my wife's favorite cereal, Cheerios. I brought my own because I am picky.
We ordered Chinese food from the in room menu. It was not very good.

Room Tip: Second floor puts you above the noise in the lobby.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Yorktown, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed here one night on our way cross country. The staff was pleasant. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. We requested and were given a room on first floor where we could park our truck directly outside our window as we had a load in the truck. Staff was very accomodating.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lovingretirementat55
Marysville, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband stayed at the Quality Suites Hotel on 1755 O'Neal Lane in Baton Rouge, La. He stayed there while his truck was being repaired. He paid cash and was told they needed his debit card info in case he "smoked in the room". He stayed a few days, then rented a truck so he could deliver the load he had on his trailer. He came back and stayed at the hotel that next Sunday night because he was going to pick up his truck the next morning. When he left, he had paid cash, again. As far as we knew everything was fine. Two days later, I checked our bank account and there was a charge from the hotel for $250. I called him and had him call the hotel....the manager told him that the tv was missing from the room he had stayed in, so they charged him for the tv! SERIOUSLY????? They never tried to contact him, they didn't file a police report. They just STOLE money from our account. so...BEWARE giving your card info at hotels....better yet, upon checkout, have someone go with you, and have them sign a piece of paper that EVERYTHING was ok in the room....if not, they can charge you.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Teddi B
West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

I made the mistake of Googling the hotel address rather than checking my Choice Hotels app. I ended up about 15 minutes away at a former Quality Suites on Bluebonnet Centre Blvd. This hotel is now a Wyndham Garden, but still shows up as a Quality Suites on Google search. So, make sure you put in the O'Neal Lane address.

Once I actually made it to the hotel, I was impressed. The rooms are huge and clean. Although the hotel is located close to the highway, it was very quiet. Breakfast also had a few more options than I expected from a Quality chain hotel. The only thing I didn't like about the hotel was the atrium - it just seemed a little dark and had a lot of fake plants. It just seems like it could be a really bright space. Since it didn't affect my stay at all, I didn't ding them any points.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stayed two nights. Had a late check in, which concerned me because they kicked my prepaid reservation out after I called to ensure my room would be there. Have had that happen several times because we check in after midnight many times. If the room is prepaid then they should hold the room no matter what. My concern is what would have happened if there were no rooms available. The plus is they were very grasious on check out time. The place is very quiet. The beds were comfy. It was clean and pretty well kept up. The breakfast was awful both days. Ended up eating elsewhere, could be the deal breaker for next time. Last but not least, had a toilet overflow even though we hadn't done anything to make that happen. We had to fix it and clean it up ourselves, hmmmmm???

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family