“Great Value for Rate”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #40 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Looking for place to stay for the night enroute to Texas. Checked Travelocity. Best rating by Tripadvisor in this price range. First rate staff. Excellent continental breakfast. Very clean and comfortable room.

Room Tip: We were on third floor. Didn't have to be concerned about any noies above us.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 11, 2013

this was the best experience I've ever had. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.my mother needs oxygen to breathe and the bottles were to heavy for me to move the staff helped me get them to her room and actually checked to make sure she was doing ok. they asked if we needed anything else . i know the location isn't the easiest to get to but the staff makes up for it. the breakfast was fabulous thenks for everything you done for us. brenda

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We truly loved the hotel! VERY friendly staff and an wonderful experience with Quality suites. The room was perfectly clean and tidy, bathroom were spotless, and the room was bigger than expected! The morning breakfast was delicious and filling! Breakfast had a variety of items! It was really good! Our rooms were so comfortable and our stay was amazing! We truly enjoyed staying here!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BDinani
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed just a night while passing through. Hotel was clean and comfortable. We felt we good very good value for our dollars and would recommend this hotel. The service from the front desk was very good.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The staff at this Quality Suites is wonderful. We stayed for 2 nights and the service was 5-star!
On the other hand, management absolutely needs to rectify the mold issues.

Two weeks before the Super Bowl, I panicked trying to find a hotel with rooms still available. Quality Suites was one of the only hotels with rooms available, they seemed reasonably priced, and they were ranked #2 on TripAdvisor...though, after staying at this Quality Suites, I have looked again at the "reviews" and noted more than 10 "reviewers" in just the last 2 months, with only 1 review that gave this hotel a 5. It is very suspicious because this hotel is absolutely not a 5.

The location was perfect for getting down to NOLA for the game - not a great area of town, but not horrible. We were given a room on the 3rd floor on the side away from the dinging of the elevator, so it was fairly quiet (though the a/c was very noisy). The bed was reasonably comfortable and the "suite" was a large room with a couch and desk; it was what we expected. The room was clean but the carpet, furnishings, fixtures and paint were worn and outdated. There is a coffee maker in the room (yea!) The sheets were crisp and clean, but stained (ick). You only get 2 thin, little bath towels (for two people - and my husband is not small!) and one bar of soap for the bath and sink (though they will bring you a second if you request one). Small breakfast is complimentary and very good - nice touch.

So, all of that is fine - I was thankful to find a decent hotel, and even to pay the inflated price for what we got. What wasn't really okay was that when we walked into our room there was an overwhelming odor of mold. I had Lysol with me, that helped. I tried not to look for where the smell was coming from because there wasn't anything I could do about it, there were no other hotels with rooms available. The next morning I noticed mold was coming through the paint on the wood trim pieces around the vanity lighting (which is in the entry of the room) and all around the shower head and the shower surround (in the bathroom). I saw quite a bit while intentionally not looking, I have no idea how extensive it really is.

We were fine for 2 short nights, but if you are sensitive to mold, absolutely do not stay here. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The rating of "very good" is relative to other properties in the same rate range.

The Quality Suites is not too bad at all, and better than expected. It's everything a Quality Suites should be: an inexpensive, no-frills, a-place-to-sleep sort of hotel. The linens and towels are cheap and the furniture is cheap. However, this hotel is clean and easy to find and the WiFi works just fine throughout the hotel, and it's free - as it should be (free internet is a great way for hotels to make a good impression).

Internet: ping 11ms, download 4.25 Mbps, upload 4.36 Mbps. Tests by speedtest.net

Recommended for a short stay.

Room Tip: Ask at the desk for the WiFi username and password when checking in.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

As a business customer I expect a lot from the hotels I stay at and Quality Inn on Oneal Lane in Baton Rouge, La goes out of their way to make me feel at home and they always have my room key waiting when I walk in the door and they always call me by my first name.

• Stayed: January 2013