“Read the reviews for this hotel by reviewers with 5+ reviews”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #36 of 78 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The staff at this Quality Suites is wonderful. We stayed for 2 nights and the service was 5-star!
On the other hand, management absolutely needs to rectify the mold issues.

Two weeks before the Super Bowl, I panicked trying to find a hotel with rooms still available. Quality Suites was one of the only hotels with rooms available, they seemed reasonably priced, and they were ranked #2 on TripAdvisor...though, after staying at this Quality Suites, I have looked again at the "reviews" and noted more than 10 "reviewers" in just the last 2 months, with only 1 review that gave this hotel a 5. It is very suspicious because this hotel is absolutely not a 5.

The location was perfect for getting down to NOLA for the game - not a great area of town, but not horrible. We were given a room on the 3rd floor on the side away from the dinging of the elevator, so it was fairly quiet (though the a/c was very noisy). The bed was reasonably comfortable and the "suite" was a large room with a couch and desk; it was what we expected. The room was clean but the carpet, furnishings, fixtures and paint were worn and outdated. There is a coffee maker in the room (yea!) The sheets were crisp and clean, but stained (ick). You only get 2 thin, little bath towels (for two people - and my husband is not small!) and one bar of soap for the bath and sink (though they will bring you a second if you request one). Small breakfast is complimentary and very good - nice touch.

So, all of that is fine - I was thankful to find a decent hotel, and even to pay the inflated price for what we got. What wasn't really okay was that when we walked into our room there was an overwhelming odor of mold. I had Lysol with me, that helped. I tried not to look for where the smell was coming from because there wasn't anything I could do about it, there were no other hotels with rooms available. The next morning I noticed mold was coming through the paint on the wood trim pieces around the vanity lighting (which is in the entry of the room) and all around the shower head and the shower surround (in the bathroom). I saw quite a bit while intentionally not looking, I have no idea how extensive it really is.

We were fine for 2 short nights, but if you are sensitive to mold, absolutely do not stay here. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quality Suites

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The rating of "very good" is relative to other properties in the same rate range.

The Quality Suites is not too bad at all, and better than expected. It's everything a Quality Suites should be: an inexpensive, no-frills, a-place-to-sleep sort of hotel. The linens and towels are cheap and the furniture is cheap. However, this hotel is clean and easy to find and the WiFi works just fine throughout the hotel, and it's free - as it should be (free internet is a great way for hotels to make a good impression).

Internet: ping 11ms, download 4.25 Mbps, upload 4.36 Mbps. Tests by speedtest.net

Recommended for a short stay.

Room Tip: Ask at the desk for the WiFi username and password when checking in.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

As a business customer I expect a lot from the hotels I stay at and Quality Inn on Oneal Lane in Baton Rouge, La goes out of their way to make me feel at home and they always have my room key waiting when I walk in the door and they always call me by my first name.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the Trip Advisor reviews. Some one had been putting mis-leading info on TA. The service was terrible. It took us over 30 minutes to get checked in and no one else was being checked in. The desk clerk had to check to see if the room was clean and then when the room was assigned the key didn't work. He should have also checked to see if it was in good shape. The towel rack in the bathroom was falling off the wall. The closet had no door. Some of the lights didn't work. The hotel wasn't close to anything. We were 15 miles away from downtown and there was terrible traffice on I-12, I-110 and I-10 to get there. If I am every in Baton Rouge, I will never stay on this side of town and surely not at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
hemangi p, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

We sincerely apologize that you had a concern during your stay at our hotel. We value your business and sincerely regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved. Your comments will help us address the issues you brought to our attention so we can improve our service.

We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

One of the nicest Quality Suites or Inns I've ever used. Friendly and helpful staff, eye pleasing decorum and a hot breakfast make this hotel my first stop when I'm in Baton Rouge. Manager was extremely careful to make sure my Choice Priveleges points were applied to my stay and that I was pleased with my accommodations.

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are clean & nice..hotel is older...right off interstate..atrium is big & nice.,.,breakfast is norm that you get at most... rooms are very reasonable.... would stay again ....no different than most in Baton Rouge..just cheaper & quieter...

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Hotel service and rooms were clean and good.Mr. Patel was great and staff was very friendly and helpful. Also were so helpful with directions around the city. I will be back to more times during the year and i wouldnt stay anywhere else.