“Good, Comfortable Property”

Ranked #47 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Austin, TX
“Good, Comfortable Property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Overall this is a nice property. It's a little off the beaten path in a quiet area, but less than a minute to the mall area with plenty of shopping and restaurants. The property is very clean. There is the strangest smell in the lobby and breakfast area, but it is clean. The room is well organized and comfortable - lots of outlets in convenient places. The bathtub had a dirty rag thrown over the curtain rod. I'm sure that was an honest mistake by the cleaning crew, but I didn't like removing it. Otherwise, the room was great. The breakfast is okay - lots of carbs though. The hotel is a good value and the staff is great. I would choose it again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Colin D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I certainly apologize for the cleaning supplies left in your room. If ever in the area again, please do not hesitate to pay us another visit! Have a great day!

~Colin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Waynesboro, MS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time with any TownePlace.It was a nice surprise.Very roomy-nice setup. Overall clean.The only negative on cleaning was hair on bathroom floor.Otherwise no cleaning issues.Needs better lighting at night in back parking lot.Good service everyone was very friendly.comfortable beds.Laundry was convenient.We were looking for a hot breakfast and that was disappointing.Overall a good place to stay. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
Colin D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you so very much for reviewing our property. I am very glad that you chose to try the TownePlace Suites brand and that our property provided a good first impression for you. I understand your concerns in regard to hair on the bathroom floor, this is certainly unacceptable and I will meet with my housekeeping supervisor immediately to address this issue. We are also currently working with a local electrical vendor to price additional flood lighting in the rear of the two buildings. I can certainly understand your concern about this issue as well. I also absolutely agree with you that hot breakfast is always better than continental, and we are exploring options with the Marriott TPS brand team to expand our selection. Again, thank you so much for staying with us, and if ever in the area, please do not hesitate to pay us another visit. Have a wonderful day!

Keene, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

What a first-rate hotel experience. There are enough restaurants nearby to satisfy any palate, not to mention a huge mall and a few hospitals, for those of you planning on really having fun in Baton Rouge. The new gym equipment was a huge bonus, in addition to the heated pool and hot tub. I would most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone planning on staying anywhere even remotely close by. The staff wasn't hard on the eyes, either.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Colin D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you so very much for reviewing our property! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location to be suitable for your needs. The staff certainly appreciates the compliments as well! If ever in Baton Rouge in the future, please come visit us again. Have a great day!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel is in a perfect spot! I was roughly .5 a mile from a big Mall and 20 restaurants. It's off the main street, so it's not hard to get in and out of. The staff welcomed me with open arms and I enjoyed my stay. I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2012
Colin D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thanks so much for your review of our property! We greatly appreciate the kind words and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again! Have a great day!

Covington, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Friendly staff greets guest with a warm welcome! Enjoyed the newly renovated property, suites have been updated with many amenities. Great location to shopping and dining. Will recommend and stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Colin D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you so very much for reviewing our property! I am glad that the staff made you feel welcome and that you enjoyed our fresh new look. If ever in the area in the future, please come see us again. Have a great day!

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Checking in here was a nice surprise after a long hot day in the car! On my way from Tampa to San Antonio (and my AC going out in Mobile) I was hot, exhausted and ready to stop for the day. I know I know, If you have stayed in one hotel you have stayed in them all, but this little property which appears to be newly renovated was tucked back in a wooded setting, (although conveniently right off of US 10), it had no highway noise, the staff was courteous and friendly! I had a nice clean room, hot shower, a super comfortable bed, and a nice breakfast to get me going for the rest of my journey. Great Pit Stop! I will be staying here on my way back through!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mike R
Colin D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you so very much for the kind words and for taking the time out of your day to review our property. My team and I are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the accommodations during your stay. I can certainly understand how you were ready to stop with no AC traveling along the Gulf Coast! I am glad to hear that we were able to provide you the rest and relaxation you needed, as well as the breakfast to get you back on your way. If ever in the area again, please do not hesitate to come visit us! Have a great day!

Mandeville, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for business, and it was awesome!!!! The staff was very accommodating, the in house gym made it easy to continue my workouts, and the room was amazing! The apartment style room was very spacious, clean, nice full kitchen, comfy beds, and has been my home away from home! Would def recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Allison F
Colin D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time out of your day to review our property. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon! Have a wonderful day!