“The staff made my day!!!”

TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South
Ranked #47 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Checking in here was a nice surprise after a long hot day in the car! On my way from Tampa to San Antonio (and my AC going out in Mobile) I was hot, exhausted and ready to stop for the day. I know I know, If you have stayed in one hotel you have stayed in them all, but this little property which appears to be newly renovated was tucked back in a wooded setting, (although conveniently right off of US 10), it had no highway noise, the staff was courteous and friendly! I had a nice clean room, hot shower, a super comfortable bed, and a nice breakfast to get me going for the rest of my journey. Great Pit Stop! I will be staying here on my way back through!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mike R
Colin D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you so very much for the kind words and for taking the time out of your day to review our property. My team and I are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the accommodations during your stay. I can certainly understand how you were ready to stop with no AC traveling along the Gulf Coast! I am glad to hear that we were able to provide you the rest and relaxation you needed, as well as the breakfast to get you back on your way. If ever in the area again, please do not hesitate to come visit us! Have a great day!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for business, and it was awesome!!!! The staff was very accommodating, the in house gym made it easy to continue my workouts, and the room was amazing! The apartment style room was very spacious, clean, nice full kitchen, comfy beds, and has been my home away from home! Would def recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Allison F
Colin D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Thank you so very much for taking the time out of your day to review our property. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have been staying at this TownePlace Suites for almost 7 years. The remodeling is beautiful and has refreshed and modernized the property. The new comfy beds are great. Can't wait for it all to be done - new hot breakfast room additional laundry facilities, etc. You can count on the friendly faces of the staff to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Guests are greeted by name and our preferences remembered from visit to visit. Traveling for business is tiring and it's nice to come to a property like this.
Tucked into a quiet neighborhood, it's close to everything - 3 minutes from two interstate on ramps, minutes to the Mall of Louisiana, Our Lady of the Lake and Baton Rouge General hospitals, numerous restaurants of all types, grocery store, Walgreens and more. Unless you require an on property restaurant, this hotel is good for all types of travelers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Colin D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you so very much for reviewing our property! Your kind words are greatly appreciated. I certainly appreciate your attaching a photo of our new bedding program and tray tables, as I have not yet had an opportunity to update our hotel pictures (coming soon). From everyone here at the TownePlace Suites, we thank you for your loyalty to our brand and property. If there is anything more we can do to make your stays more enjoyable, do not hesitate to contact me directly. Have a wonderful day, and we'll see you next time!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have always loved Towneplace. I stay in them all over the country. These hotels are always very comfortable, except they don't have king beds. A king bed is one thing I look for. Marriott beds are always top notch, but this one could have been better. I stayed in a TP all summer in West Dundee, IL which had way better beds. Other than that, I loved the kitchen and hot tub, so this was a very nice hotel. I recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Hello there! Thank you so very much for taking a moment to review our property. I am extremely happy to hear that you were satisfied with your accommodations as far as the kitchen and pool/spa amenities. I apologize for the issues that you experienced with bed comfort during your visit. I certainly understand how that can affect the quality of your stay. I am assuming that you were most likely staying in one of our rooms that had not yet been renovated, as all of our renovated rooms have been issued brand new Serta Perfect Sleeper Pillow Top Mattresses. All rooms have now been renovated, so if you are ever in the area again, please stop in to give us another try. Thanks again! Have a great day!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for a long time while getting knee surgery nearby, then recovery & rehab. Cannot recommend it highly enough. The staff are wonderful, so helpful. The main building has been remodeled and the new rooms are beautiful (not sure if building opposite has been redone yet). It is clean, close proximity to Our Lady of the Lake Hospital, Baton Rouge General Hospital, Bone & Joint Clinic, and others. No room service here, but plenty of restaurants nearby. They have a little breakfast in lobby, not alot (coffee, cereal, yogurt, muffins, fruit), but adequate.

Room Tip: Higher floors suffer less from parking lot and traffic noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Colin D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you so very much for reviewing our property! We are all absolutely delighted that you are happy with the newly renovated rooms! We have made every effort to ensure everything is perfect and it is wonderful to hear from one of our long term stay guests that the accommodations are satisfactory. The entire team is extremely grateful for your kind words, and we hope to see you again in the future. Also, just a sidenote, breakfast room renovations have officially begun. Once the full renovation is complete, we will we expanding our breakfast selection and will have a brand new seating area for our guests. Come check out the finished product in a few weeks! Thank you again!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed 2 nights over Super Bowl weekend in a 2 bedroom unit. Clean and spacious enough unit. Great location off I-10 with plenty of restaurants and bars nearby. Morning breakfast just the basics. Great, friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Colin D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! Having grown up just a couple of hours away from Philadelphia, I am glad to hear that a fellow Pennsylvanian enjoyed the accommodations at my property. I understand that the breakfast service is fairly limited at this time, but we will soon be expanding our breakfast service to include some additional items such as waffles, bagels and english muffins! Again, thank you for the kind words, and from all of us here at the TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge, thank you for staying with us, we are happy that you enjoyed your time in Baton Rouge. If you're ever in the area again, please come pay us a visit! Have a great day!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Marriot lost my reservation. Jason at the front desk was helpful in securing me a room for the night but not at the price quoted to me face to face. Get it in writing!!!! Good room, bad taste. Went to sleeping thinking I was paying one price, woke up to double that amount. Be along time before I stay at a Marriot again.

Room Tip: Get your room rate in writing!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Colin D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I sincerely apologize for the issues that you had with your reservation accuracy. I absolutely understand how frustrating that can be to make arrangements anticipating to pay a certain amount for those services, and then to have those costs be more than originally agreed upon. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this issue further. Beside the difficulties with your rate, I am very happy that you were satisfied with your accommodations. If you should ever be in the area again, please give us another try so that we may exceed your expectations. Have a wonderful day!