TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South
Ranked #46 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I've been here for several months. The folks here are wonderful. They've always taken good care of me. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Pool/hot tub, laundry room, exercise room, full kitchens are all nice. Can't wait for them to expand the breakfast service.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Colin D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thanks so much for the review! Everyone on the TownePlace Suites team is very happy to know that you are satisfied with your stay! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make the remainder of your stay more enjoyable. Thanks again!

~Colin

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I travel a lot for business and pleasure. At this hotel I love that I have the option to eat at local restaurants or cook at "home". The kitchen has a cookware, dishes, full size frig, dishwasher, microwave and oven. There’s also a big gas grill in the small common area.

The rooms are always clean and comfortable with a good size office work space with plenty of outlets and good lighting. And it's so nice to be able to open the windows and get some fresh air instead of being sealed in like at most hotels. I was told upgrades are scheduled soon to bring the property to the new Towne Place style.

I love the quiet location with woods on each side of the property and a neighborhood feel. The grounds are well maintained with blooming gardenias and other flowers. Plenty safe parking. The property is close to the mall, shopping, numerous restaurants, business, LSU and the interstate.

The best is their staff that goes out of their way to make every stay perfect with their friendliness, hospitality and service. They make you feel truly appreciated and comfortable.

I would recommend this property for long and short term stays, business and family travelers. And they are pet friendly.

Room Tip: Garbage collection is noisier for the rooms on the very north rooms.
1  Thank chfl86
Colin D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Thank you so much for the kind review! I am very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff members always strive to do their very best to exceed our guest's expectations and it is greatly appreciated to hear first-hand that we have succeeded. From our entire TownePlace Suites team, thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I have spent over 90 nights in a hotel so far this year and it's April. You do the math. At the end of the day, the TownPlace Suites Baton Rouge South is perfect for a road warrior like me. Pool? Check. Workout room with free weights and cardio machines? Check. Laundry facilities? Check. Free wireless Internet connection? Check. Breakfast on the run? Check.

When you spend as much time on the road as I do, all of the amenities listed above are appreciated. But what makes THIS TownPlace Suites stand out if the staff. They are friendly, professional, responsive and helpful.

Will I be back? YES!

1  Thank Ed D

Thank you so very much for the kind words! I am very happy that you have been enjoying your stay, and I absolutely love to hear that our long-term stay guests are enjoying our facility. If there is anything more that I can do for you to make your stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to ask!

~Colin

Reviewed February 26, 2012

This location is very nice. The staff here is some of the friendliest. The rooms have not been renovated like many properties but they are very clean and have plenty of storage. The kitchen has everything you need for cooking. The only down for this hotel is there is no Dsney channel on the TV for the kids. They do have Nick and cartoon network. The TV channels are all HD. They housekeepers come daily to do a refresh and make sure you have clean towels and take trash out and make beds and will sweep if requested. They do a full clean once a week but will change sheets during the week if you call the office and request this ahead of time. The indoor pool was very nice and a surprise for a Towneplace as they are usually outside. The grill comes in very handy as the propane is always available as they have a spare tank if needed. The lacation is very nice as there is a really large mall close by and grocery stores close by. They will attemp to put you on your requested floor but that is only if they have the room type available on that floor. They also have a decent area for walking your pet as they are very pet friendly here. They also supply the cleanup bags and try to keep them stocked.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank traveler2702
Colin D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

-Colin

Reviewed February 7, 2012

We moved to Baton Rouge from California in June 2011, and discovered our cars had arrived but the moving truck was delayed. We spent one night on the floor in our newly rented house, and decided that wouldn't work. We are long time Marriot customers, and had stayed in TownePlace Suites in California many times, so we found this one and booked a normal suite. The suite was a godsend, we were able to stock food for the full kitchen, and put our suit cases we'd flown in with aside without feeling cluttered.

TownPlace offers comfortable rooms with clean beds, sofa beds (couch), large bathrooms, and full kitchens. The pool at this facility is indoor and was a favorite of our daughter during our stay, which turned out to be a week long.

TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South is right across from the largest mall in Baton Rouge, Mall of Louisiana, and right near I10 for convenience. A good location, with suites at the right price, with friendly staff. They also offer snacks and continental type breakfasts every morning.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah C
Colin D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

Thank you for the great review Sarah. I am very happy that we were able to provide you that "home away from home" atmosphere during a difficult transition period. Your loyalty to Marriott is greatly appreciated!

-Colin

Reviewed November 6, 2011

We have looked at Towne Place Suites - usually stay in Residence Inns, but decided to use points on a short trip to Baton Rouge. We were in a Huge suite (upgraded) that was clean and very nice. They also have an indoor pool and spa with a BBQ area outside. The "grab and go" breakfast was more than we expected, with the normal, plus yogurt, fruit etc. We would certainly go to this property again, do NOT this this is the "norm" for Town Place Suites. We did have some problems with the elevator being right next to our bedroom, noisy as it came up or down, but the lady in charge wrote all of it down and I am sure it was corrected.

Room Tip: Ask about the elevator if you are in a room that is next to it. (we were on the second floor)
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jo Ann D
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I generally stay at Marriott hotels for my business travel. It's sad to say, but this hotel lacks the quality that I expect for a Marriott hotel. No breakfast, low speed internet (to the point I have to log back on numerous times) no HDTV channels, WEEKLY cleaning of your room? Are you kidding me? Is this an Extended Stay-America? I could see behind the bathroom doors that it has not been swept in WEEKS! No regular coffee offered in the room and when I inquired at the front desk I was told I could just get coffee from this area. Really? No help from any of the 4 front desk people I encountered. They were polite but not one if them gave me any info in the hotel at all. And the Lobby? Is that what you call it? I am always Leary of places that have a front door key entry...this is one of those places. Will not stay here again-VERY DISAPPOINTING!

• Stayed: October 2011
Colin D, Manager at TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Hello Sir/Madam,

I have just registered as the General Manager of this property, and though your review was posted in October of last year, I wanted to take the time to respond to some of the issues that you experienced during your stay. Firstly, thank you for your loyalty to Marriott. We certainly appreciate our loyal patrons that choose Marriott when they are travelling. I noticed that you mentioned several things about your stay that were not up to your expectations. Before I address these items individually, I would like to sincerely apologize that we failed to provide the level of service expected from a Marriott property. This is unacceptable, and feedback like yours is what allows us to ensure we are meeting the standards required by Marriott, and the TownePlace Suites Brand.

Your first touchpoint mentioned that there was no breakfast at the property. As I know, in comparison to some of the other Marriott properties, and some of the newer TownePlace Suites properties, our breakfast is a bit lacking. I apologize if the clerk that checked you in did not inform you of the hours of the breakfast. We do offer a breakfast each morning from 6:00AM - 9:30AM. We offer 6 different individually boxed cereals (3 sweet/3 non-sweet), and we also offer regular oatmeal with brown sugar, chopped walnuts and raisins for toppings, assorted flavored oatmeal, individually wrapped Sara Lee muffins, Nature Valley Oats N' Honey granola bars, Bananas, Apples, Tropicana Orange Juice, Dannon Light N' Fit yogurt, and both 2% and Fat Free milk. We offer this "Grab and Go" breakfast in the lobby with trays to take the items back to your room, since we do not currently have a breakfast room for seating (we are scheduled for a renovation January 2013 after which we will have a breakfast room). Since your stay in October 2011, we have upgraded our internet connection to 10 megabytes of wireless connection, available throughout the hotel rooms and public space. We also have converted all of our in-suite flat screen TVs to High Definition programming. We have upgraded our housekeeping services so that we offer daily service. For extended stay guests staying more than 4 nights, we offer a refresh service daily in which the bed is made, the toiletries and towels are replaced, the trash is removed from the room, the dishes are put in the dishwasher, and the housekeeper tidies up the room and spot-vacuums if necessary. Once per week a full clean is offered in which the bed linens are changed, the entire bathroom and kitchen are cleaned, and the room is basically made as it was when the guest first checked in. I realize this service is different than other Marriott properties, and it can be frustrating for someone who does not typically stay with the TownePlace Suites brand, and I apologize if these services failed to meet your expectations. As far as the lack of regular coffee in the room and less-than-helpful service from the front desk staff members, I can assure you that these issues have been addressed directly, and are not a normal occurrence. I pride myself in saying that I have some of the most courteous and helpful staff members of any hotel in Baton Rouge, and I apologize if this was not your perception during your stay. I find it very disconcerting to hear that any of my guests were dissatisfied with the service received by one of my staff members, and I will do everything necessary to ensure that we are never failing to meet and exceed our guest's expectations. Lastly, in regard to the door lock at the lobby entrance, I apologize if this caused you to have a poor perception of the hotel property, but it is a required Marriott standard to have an electronic lock with room key entry on all entrance doors to the hotel. The lock on the entrance to the lobby is not locked from the hours of 6AM-12AM, and is only utilized during the Night Audit shift. The locks on the other entrance doors to the property are always engaged, so as to provide the necessary safety and security to our guests and staff members.

I understand that you experienced quite a few issues during your stay, and I also realize that my explanations have not corrected these issues, but I hope that it shows that we have heard the feedback of you and other guests, and have taken the steps to correct these problems so as to provide the top-notch service our guests have come to expect. I hope that this stay with us has not dissuaded you from staying with Marriott, or the TownePlace Suites brand, and I hope that you will come and visit us to give us another try in the future. Just a reminder we have a breakfast room and full guest suite renovation right around the corner scheduled for January 2013!