“Hidden, but close to everything you need.”

TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge South
Ranked #46 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My husband and I flew into New Orleans, but decided to drive to Baton Rouge to spend one night of our vacation. The hotel was off the beaten path. We thought for sure the GPS was giving us incorrect information, but the hotel really is down a road that starts out residential and ends up by the hospital.

Before we even arrived in Louisiana, I received an e-mail from the hotel manager stating that if there was anything we needed before our arrival to please let him know via e-mail or phone. In all of my travels I have never received an e-mail from management before my arrival and I thought that was a nice touch. We used Marriott Rewards points for this stay, so we didn't pay anything.

Upon check-in the front desk staff was very cordial. There are two buildings and our room was in the building opposite the front desk. Our room was on the third floor and we took the elevator on the way up wit our luggage. It was SO slow. We took the stairs the rest of the time so that we didn't have to wait for the elevator.

The room was spacious and inviting. The full kitchen was nice even though we didn't use it to its fullest. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom adequate. The hotel wifi worked fine in the room.

We wanted to see a movie the night we were there, and there is a huge movie theater located in the mall which is only a 5-minute drive.

We went down to the lobby for breakfast and there was a decent selection for such a small space. I had oatmeal with raisins, brown sugar and nuts. I actually used the microwave in the room to heat it up a little more. There was fruit, cereal, muffins, juice, milk and yogurt as well. There were no utensils, but there really wasn't any room to eat in the lobby anyway, so we took our food back to our room and used the in-room utensils.

Upon checkout, we noted that the sodas in the soda machine were less expensive than the same sodas sold in the lobby refrigerator. The front desk clerk told us it was because the machines were priced by a vendor and the lobby snacks and drinks were priced by Marriott. KInd of odd, but he gave my husband a complimentary soda. We used the lobby computer and printer to print out some New Orleans documents before we left, which was convenient.

If I was in the Baton Rouge area in the future, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TVChick16

Reviewed February 22, 2011

I really liked this hotel for many reasons. The location was great as it was close to highway but far enough away to have a country feel. The staff was really nice & helpful. Our room was very clean and we loved it. The only problem we had (and the front desk compensated us for it) was a dog across the hall that barked every night. It did wake us up before midnight but not after so our sleep wasn't bothered to much. When I stay at another dog/pet friendly hotel I will ask for a room as far away as possible. That was the only thing but it wouldn't keep me from recommending this hotel or spending another vacation there.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2011

So I checked into the Towneplace after my musty/moldy night stay at the other Marriott. Again, easy booking per Marriott's site. Check-in was straightforward and easy. The FD clerk told me there was breakfast in the morning. Another poster complained about this, but I didn't expect it at all. Come one, all hotels can't give breakfast! Some pricing models don't support it!! Anyways, the lobby was very neat and trendy. I enjoyed the layout, but was questioning how they could support breakfast in the morning.. We'll see when I wake up!!

I get to the room, and it's actually very ergonomic. There's PLENTLY of office space with shelves above the desk area. PLENTLY of office lighting. Very nice. I'm coming back next week and am going to bring all my tax paperwork to layout. There's also a sliding desk compartment. Nice!

I haven't actually slept yet, but i don't anticipate being any problems. This hotel is away from most traffic and across from the hospital. It's hidden off the main road.

The kitchen is small, but who cares. I don't travel to cook for myself!! The fridge is definitely handy though.

Anyways, I'm very satisfied for the price... can't be beat!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Really good for staying. Very co-operative staff. Rooms are clean. Slightly conjustated and required specious. Somehow at remote location but good for us that very near to our office. Shall provide BTR map that might be more useful and good entertainment channels on TV. Shall provide CD/VCD player in room.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I was traveling through Baton Rouge for business, and my assistant had booked me into this Townplace. I get worried about staying in certain extended stay properties, as things are often overlooked - this one couldn't have been further from the truth. The stay was EXCEPTIONAL! Great service, clean property, nice location. I only stayed for two days, but everything about it was great.

I don't do much business in Baton Rouge, but it's places like this that maintain my confidence that there are still quality operating hotels out there. Top notch facility!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank travelbwj
Reviewed April 2, 2010

I have to qualify this review. The main purpose for our trip to Baton Rouge was for shopping, so this hotel was fantastic since it was just down the road from a large mall in Baton Rouge. You have to have a car if you stay at this hotel since nothing (nightlife, restaurants, tourist destinations) is within walking distance.

The hotel is just down the street from the Drury (top rated by TA), but is even closer to the mall and in a much quieter location. The Drury is on the corner of two busy streets and this hotel sits back from the road so that you have more of a secluded feeling with no traffic nose.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

The rooms are more like apartments, with large areas and a small kitchen - great if you plan to stay a few days and cook in the hotel.

The rooms are generally clean.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rer1234
Reviewed March 31, 2010

I'm a platinum Marriott member and I'm sorry to say this, but this hotel lacks the quality that I expect for a Marriott hotel. No breakfast, low speed internet, no HDTV channels, WEEKLY cleaning of your room? Are you kidding me? Is this an Extended Stay-America hotel?

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business