“Excellent stay”

Ranked #30 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Tampa, FL
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

After a very long day traveling by air and car, we found SpringHill Suites of Baton Rouge South, to our delight. The evening desk clerk, Diamond was welcoming and efficient. Our room was exceptionally clean and quiet, the linens were high quality, the bedding and pillows extremely comfortable. The breakfast buffet had a good selection with tasty food (not just carbs) and an excellent poppy seed pound cake - yummy! We definitely recommend this hotel. It is about 1 hour from it to downtown New Orleans.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank florgiatraveler
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and giving us your feedback. We look forward to your return visit.

Jeanette Knight

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
MIAMI
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Suite is typical springhill design with room air conditioner that blows cold air directly over your bed. The lightweight linens provided are not enough for warmth and we had to use the blanket meant for the sofa bed. There also was no do not disturb sign. Hair was on night stand so I felt housekeeping was not too thorough. Breakfast was fine and well maintained. Front desk help was pleasant enough. It is a place to get a night's sleep but NOT a favorite in the marriott family of hotels.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank MIAMISHEILA
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for your review. I will certainly share your comments with the staff so that we can fine tune our service. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Conroe
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have nothing negative to say about this motel. Staff was super friendly! The breakfast was wonderful and lot of variety from a cold continental with fresh fruit, yogurt and wonderful cake or muffins to a hot oatmeal, biscuits and gravy. The attendant was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Grammy01945
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed our new breakfast. Marriott just implemented some really healthy items and everything looks fantastic. I hope we see you again soon.

Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is about a three and a half in my opinion. The front desk is friendly if not prompt and the rooms are terrific in which I will expound on in a minute. First, let's dispense the bad news. We arrived from Atlanta (an 8 hr drive) and were put in a smoked-filled room. This was after getting into a broken elevator that sounded as if it was inside of a waterfall. So we took the stairs to said room on the third floor. My wife couldn't stand the smell so we called the front desk and they quickly switched us to another room. And everything in this room was fine. The only other problem we had was with breakfast which was horrible. If a hotel is going to offer a hot breakfast they should do it right or not at all! Do not use fake eggs, do not put out bagels, muffins, and bread that is two weeks old. And please oh please change the two-week old cereal in those dispensers! It will cost a bit more but a satisfied customer means repeat business. Now to the good stuff. The rooms are excellent and have more than enough space for a family of four or more. They have a desk for the business-minded, a nice long couch, a fridge and microwave, and two 32 inch TV's. The rooms also have strong showers, an exceptionally clean and spacious layout, and pretty comfortable beds with too many pillows. Sidebar: Why do hotels insist on putting six pillows on a bed when most people only use one and end up throwing the extra ones on the floor? Anyway, I thought this hotel was pretty good except for the breakfast and the elevator which knock it down a circle or whatever that is that TA uses! P.S. The coffee is outstanding!

Room Tip: Second floor for quieter stay and away from elevators.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thanks so much for your review. I was sorry to hear that your first room smelled of smoke. We are a non-smoking hotel and we definitely should have remedied that before renting the room. I am very glad to see you enjoyed the room and the layout. I will discuss our breakfast offerings with the staff. We normally use so much product that I order twice per week. I am not sure why the items seemed old but I will make sure that we fix that immediately. Thanks again for all your comments. We are always trying to find ways to improve our service.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Let me start by saying this really is somewhere between a three and a four. I upped it to four because, upon checking out, I was asked about my stay, which rarely happens ay hotels any more. If they address the issues, this could be better. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they will act.

First, excellent, friendly, informative welcome from night-shift worker Kim both times, when I stayed here twice in three nights. The first stay was excellent with no problems -- no noise, clean room -- save for the checkout, when the elevator was being worked on. I live on the third floor at home, so hauling bags down three floors was no issue for me. It might be for others, however.

The second stay was a little more dicey. The little roll pillows on the bed were stained in a nasty way. There is no way I would have put one of those on a guest's bed. The stain was ingrained -- and it was not fresh and would not rub off -- but why turn off a guest that quickly? I don't use those anyway, and quickly tossed mine off the bed, but ... why put it there in the first place?

Also, the toilet in that room was water-stained in a bad way. Look like it had sat without cleaning or flushing for a long period of time. It needed to be replaced. Also, a little more noise at that room than the other. I would put that up to the location.

I would stay here again, but if I got the stained roll pillow or a toilet that much in need of repair, that would be my final stop there.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank EarlofRoovel
Thank you for your review. I am glad that our staff provided excellent service for you and that you had a great first stay with us. I completely understand your point about the pillows on the bed and I will make sure that our housekeeping staff is only putting crisp, clean pillows out. I will definitely have maintenance attend to the toilet in that room as well. I appreciate your comments and I will definitely share them with the staff.

Dallas, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The front desk staff is excellent. They are friendly and engaging. The room is comfortable. Breakfast was great. It is a little confusing to get to and traffic in the area is a bit of a beating but this is one of my new favorites.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Erik K
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I was so glad to hear that our staff treated you well. Please come back to see us soon.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way to New Orleans. We thought the GPS was confused when we got off the highway and drove through what looked like an office park to get to the hotel. It is across the street from a hospital, so presumably that's why many people stay there. The room was clean and the staff was very nice. We swam in the pool, which was nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family