“The Steal of the Night” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 72 Hotels in Baton Rouge
San Antonio, Texas
“The Steal of the Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We got this property on priceline and it was amazing.
The place has been completely and tastefully redecorated.
There are granite counter tops, new wall AC controls. All new furniture and fixtures.
Brandon King was our front desk clerk. He's Mr. Hospitality. He gave us a warm greeting
and lots of cookies. He also helped us find a good place to eat nearby. He even drew a map for us and he maintains a list of suggested places to eat.
Nothing but good attitude from Mr King and that's great to have on a PL stay.
We were assigned a great room on the top floor away from IH 10.
This is a good deal, and good marketing by their GM. Exposing this "new property"
to critical travelers will only enhance their business model.
I'll drink to hotel rejuvenation and the steal of the night.

Room Tip: top floor away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. I am so glad to hear that you like our hotel and enjoyed your stay. I will pass on your kind words about Brandon's service to him. He is going to be excited that he was able to help you.

Jeanette Knight

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Parking was horrible. Elevator was not working and getting luggage up was a drag. Breakfast was horrible as well. Beds in the room was awesome. Shower was okay. I guess I could have given two stars. Not much of hospitality.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and giving us your feedback. I am glad that you liked the new beds and the showers. I apologize that the elevator was not working. The elevator needed a new sensor and it is working now. We are always looking to improve our hotel and our breakfast. If you would like to email me at jeanette.knight@interstatehotels.com I would love to get your suggestions on different menu items. I hope you give us another chance to serve you while you are in the Baton Rouge area.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I gotta say, this is one of the more friendly hotel I been to in Eastern states. Front Desk was very, nice. Had 3rd Floor, but the elevtor is kind of hot... Room is very nice, had everything I needed. Even thou it is just for 1 night stay, if I passby I'll stay again for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
jeanette_knight, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your posting. I am glad that you enjoyed our beautifully renovated hotel. I hope we get to see you again as you travel to Baton Rouge.