“Relaxing Stay”

Residence Inn Baton Rouge Siegen Lane
Ranked #31 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was in town for business; my family accompanied me for pleasure. Hotel is conveniently located one exit north of Blue Bayou Waterpark, and one exit south of the Mall of Louisiana, both of which they visited. Also located very close (easily within walking distance) to a shopping center and a few well-known restaurants (Texas Roadhouse and Chili's).

As noted by previous posters, the property itself is an older property and, in some ways, it's age is starting to show. Seems to be located in a safe part of town and we had no issues regarding safety while we stayed there for five nights. Amenities are good as well - clean pool and hot tub area, smaller but nice dining area, and adequate exercise facility, which I used once. The pool is too small of a pool for the hotel, in my opinion, however, it made my daughter happy to have a place to swim, so I was good with it.

Service was very good - every staff member we encountered during our stay was friendly and helpful. The folks at the front desk (including the manager herself) and those that worked in food service, were especially friendly and service-oriented.

Like other Residence Inns, this one had a social event several weeknights we were there (Monday through Wednesday, specifically, I believe). We checked in well after 6PM and found the social event in full swing. Adult and non-adult beverages along with heavy snacks greeted us when we arrived - a welcome sight after driving for several hours to get there. On one of the nights we were there, the social hour featured hot dogs with all the fixin's, including chili. While this might not sound so appealing to some, my daughter and wife are big fans, so our evening meal was taken care of, courtesy of RI! Helped out too on extending the travel funds!

Breakfasts were good each day too and I partook daily, although I don't normally eat breakfast. Eggs, breads, gravy, bacon or sausage, along with all the other "usual" fare for breakfast were available. On the weekends especially, breakfast lines were crowded, but they moved fairly quickly. Definitely recommend the breakfast if you stay at this hotel.

The room we were assigned (one room suite) was adequate and clean, although a little on the small side. Nothing too noteworthy here, so I won't elaborate other than to say that it met our needs.

If forced to give critical feedback, it would be this: The beer served during social hour, much like the coffee provided in the rooms, is weak - so weak in fact, it was almost like drinking water. Perhaps someone in management will see this post and check into that. Spend a few extra bucks per keg and get something with a little more substance (suggestion)!!!

All-in-all, a safe, relaxing and comfortable stay. If I were to have business again in the Capitol City, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I like the Residence Inn because it usually has predictable quality and friendly service. This particular hotel has a very convenient location and good overall facilities. Some room furniture in my case needs updating. For instance the desk chair was in poor shape with the foam showing through, and the sofa has seen better days. But overall, I was satisfied with the price I paid.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The proximity to I-10 is perfect; the staff was very friendly and accommodating; the breakfast was ample; while the building is a little dated, it was still very comfortable. Parking was tight, but available.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were very happy with our stay at the Residence Inn on Siegen. The location is convenient to I-10. We had no noise issues. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable, and the front desk staff were friendly and accomodating. The breakfast was better than most at this price point. And the adjacent Sam's had the best gas prices in BR at the time we were there, which was convenient. Will definitely stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The room we requested was not available , neither was the pack n play we requested. The rooms are very much over priced . Road construction on the interstate was going on all night got louder at 7 this morning. Something they could have mentioned over the phone when I booked the room. Not the hotels fault at all but still not a great night sleep. The beds are worn and the furniture is outdated. Not the cleanest hotel I have stayed in. The staff was nice. Not over accommodating like most places but nice enough. Unless something spectacular changes over the course of today I can honestly say this was the worst hotel experience I have had . Will be staying at towneplace suites next time I am in the Baton Rouge area that was a very nice hotel. Always stick to what you know I guess , lesson learned.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great hotel and great friendly staff. Very comfortable rooms. A cross the street to some good chain restaurants. Hot breakfast and nice manager receptions were also good. I would defiantly stay here again on a return visit to Baton Rouge.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Trang L, General Manager at Residence Inn Baton Rouge Siegen Lane, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Barmach, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your return trip to Baton Rouge. Thank you for choosing us, the Residence Inn by Marriott Siegen Lane, for your stay!!!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I don't stay at a Residence Inn often, so it's hard for me to judge how this one stacks up to the rest, but I would give this one good, but not great marks. The staff was courteous and polite. The halls show wear and the rooms are reasonably attractive for a value brand. Ask for a room on the side away from the highway for a quieter night (odd numbered rooms). You can walk to several restaurants nearby, including Backyard Burgers, Chili's and Texas Roadhouse. Overall a decent stay. Doesn't compare to my usual fare of Courtyard, Marriott or Renaissance, but a good value overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the highway for a quieter night (odd numbered rooms)