I was in town for business; my family accompanied me for pleasure. Hotel is conveniently located one exit north of Blue Bayou Waterpark, and one exit south of the Mall of Louisiana, both of which they visited. Also located very close (easily within walking distance) to a shopping center and a few well-known restaurants (Texas Roadhouse and Chili's).
As noted by previous posters, the property itself is an older property and, in some ways, it's age is starting to show. Seems to be located in a safe part of town and we had no issues regarding safety while we stayed there for five nights. Amenities are good as well - clean pool and hot tub area, smaller but nice dining area, and adequate exercise facility, which I used once. The pool is too small of a pool for the hotel, in my opinion, however, it made my daughter happy to have a place to swim, so I was good with it.
Service was very good - every staff member we encountered during our stay was friendly and helpful. The folks at the front desk (including the manager herself) and those that worked in food service, were especially friendly and service-oriented.
Like other Residence Inns, this one had a social event several weeknights we were there (Monday through Wednesday, specifically, I believe). We checked in well after 6PM and found the social event in full swing. Adult and non-adult beverages along with heavy snacks greeted us when we arrived - a welcome sight after driving for several hours to get there. On one of the nights we were there, the social hour featured hot dogs with all the fixin's, including chili. While this might not sound so appealing to some, my daughter and wife are big fans, so our evening meal was taken care of, courtesy of RI! Helped out too on extending the travel funds!
Breakfasts were good each day too and I partook daily, although I don't normally eat breakfast. Eggs, breads, gravy, bacon or sausage, along with all the other "usual" fare for breakfast were available. On the weekends especially, breakfast lines were crowded, but they moved fairly quickly. Definitely recommend the breakfast if you stay at this hotel.
The room we were assigned (one room suite) was adequate and clean, although a little on the small side. Nothing too noteworthy here, so I won't elaborate other than to say that it met our needs.
If forced to give critical feedback, it would be this: The beer served during social hour, much like the coffee provided in the rooms, is weak - so weak in fact, it was almost like drinking water. Perhaps someone in management will see this post and check into that. Spend a few extra bucks per keg and get something with a little more substance (suggestion)!!!
All-in-all, a safe, relaxing and comfortable stay. If I were to have business again in the Capitol City, I would not hesitate to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Residence Inn Baton Rouge Siegen Lane! The Residence Inn is conveniently located close to great shopping, dining and entertainment plus the Blue Bayou Waterpark, LSU, the Mall of Louisana and Perkins Rowe. We are also just a short walk away from many restaurants. The Residence Inn Baton Rouge Siegen Lane is situated at exit 163 off Interstate 10, only 15 minutes from Baton Rouge Airport. Our hotel features studio, one and two bedroom suites. All suites are equipped with a full kitchen and even fireplaces in some rooms. Amenities at the Residence Inn include a complimentary hot breakfast buffet, daily housekeeping service, grocery shopping service, a 24-hour market and the manager's evening social hour on Tuesday, Wednesday and every other Monday. Relax and unwind at the fitness center, in our outdoor pool and whirlpool or on the sport court. The Residence Inn by Marriott on Siegen Lane is the perfect choice among Baton Rouge hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Residence Inn Baton Rouge Siegen Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Baton Rouge Siegen Lane Hotel Baton Rouge
- Baton Rouge Residence Inn