Fairfield Inn & Suites Baton Rouge South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Drury Inn & Suites Baton Rouge(Baton Rouge)
Quality Suites(Baton Rouge)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsindoor poolwafflesfinal destinationroom was cleanfront deskmarriott chainnice tvan overnight stayeasy accessnew orleansqueen suitedo not disturb signlocation is greatoff the highwaycoffee makerstaff was friendlydefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Night clerk who checked us in was pleasant and professional. Can't say much about other staff members because I simply didn't see them...They're never at the desk. I stopped at the desk several times during 2 days stay and just stood there...1 minute,2 minutes,5 minutes and I'd just leave. During morning shifts front desk was simply abandoned for hours. No towels at the gym, phone didn't work and there's no one at the desk so you might as well go up to your room and bring your own towel. Gym was extremely dirty. Looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in 2 weeks. Hotel's parking lot full of trash. Smell of weed all over the hallway which I personally reported to the front desk lady but it seemed like she didn't care much. Strangely we felt incredibly unsafe at this hotel... shady people hanging around lobby and some guy was sneaking into the gym right at the moment we were leaving, he kinda sneaked in while the door was open because he didn't have the key. And then we had some crazy next door people banging on our wall and slamming doors and screaming at each other until 4 am which again was reported to the desk person with no attempt from her to be professional or helpful. Wow...This is unacceptable service from a Marriott property.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Jessica M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

We truly appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey concerning your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites-Baton Rouge, La. Your guest satisfaction is truly important to my staff and me. I deeply apologize that you experienced an unpleasant stay with us while in the Baton Rouge area. Guest Service and Marriott standards should be consistent with all properties when traveling. I will assure you that I have looked into your experience here with us along with the issues you indicated in your survey and will surly address. Thank you for being honest and bringing all issues to my attention so we may correct them immediately. We hope that you will give us a chance to serve you again in the future so you may experience a more pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your business it is truly appreciated. Sincerely Jessica Mitchell-General Manager

Reviewed December 15, 2013

It was with some apprehension that we decided to book a room at this hotel, after a recent negative experience at another Fairifiled Inn in Ft. Lauderdale. But, since I have always been happy with my Marriott stays in the past, I booked a room for the night. Wow, was I impressed!! First the staff is amazing. Friendly, polite, and accommodating. They ALL deserve raises. The hotel is so clean it appears new. The furnishings in the suite were lovely and the beds comfortable. The price was a steal and the location was central to all the activities we wanted to do during our brief visit to this city. We booked a queen suite for $89. We certainly got our money's worth! The only negatives in no way should change your mind about staying here, but here they are: The closet space and bathroom counter space are minimal. No problem for me, since it was just an overnight stay. Also, like the last Fairfield Inn, there was no fresh fruit available at breakfast.

Room Tip: They have an indoor pool, so bring your bathing suit;-)
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jessica M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express your enjoyment while staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Baton Rouge, La when in the area. It is always a pleasuring reading the kind words and service experience to my staff. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward in serving you during a future stay with us. Sincerely, Jessica Mitchell-General Manager

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Where can I start first, my husband and I stayed at this wonderful place last week for Friends and Family weekend at LSU visiting our son. This wasn't our first time staying we stayed here last year as well, but this is my first review if I could rate our stay at 10 stars I would, when you first walk in you are greeted with such hospitality it makes you smile, Staff gets 10 stars, they are wonderful. CLEAN and FRESH!!! when you first walk in you smell freshness in the entire building and our room spotless, what I love is the pride they take in the appearance and the service they all provide to the guest is outstanding. We travel from PA. and this will be our permanent place to rest our heads during our stay in Baton Rouge. We love it!!! and to the Staff at Fairfield Inn thank you all very much for being such wonderful folks you are truly the best.

Room Tip: my tip to anyone who want to stay here, you can't go wrong with either room you stay in. it's very quiet here I have no complaints nor does my husband we both were very pleased and looks forward in returning very soon.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your hotel experience with trip advisor, my staff and future guests. It was a pleasure reading your kind words. We look forward in having you stay with us again when in the Baton Rouge, La area. Thank you for being a loyal Marriot guest; your business is truly appreciated. Sincerly, Jessica Mitchell-General Manager

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This hotel understands the meaning of service from check in, to breakfast, to housekeeping. They did an outstanding job on the renovation and this hotel will now be my hotel of choice when I travel to this area.

Room Tip: The Executive King rooms are well worth the upgrade price.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Karen B
Jessica M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

It is always a pleasure reading the experience of our guests during their stay with us. Confident Service is truly important with Fairfield Inn and Suites. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us as we look forward to servicing you during a future stay.

Thanks for being our Guest,
Jessica Mitchell General Manager and Staff

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The first night we arrived we met the most incredible desk person I did not catch her name but she was so much fun we looked forward to our return. The breakfast was always nice. Hot and plenty to eat. The property though felt tired though. You almost felt sorry for the elevator. It was so slow thatit was quicker to walk down the hall and up the stairs!The whirlpool was so cool it was not enjoyable. Overall it was clean and a decent place to stay, but you won't fall in love with it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites-Baton Rouge South! It was truly a pleasure having you as our guests. I appreciate you bringing the elevator and spa issue to our attention; we recently had our local vendors repair the problems to increase our guests’ satisfaction. Your business and concerns are important to my team and me so thank you for the polite and honest review. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Jessica Mitchell-General Manager and Staff