“Renovations made it a huge difference” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Baton Rouge South

Fairfield Inn & Suites Baton Rouge South
Ranked #32 of 72 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Vicksburg, Mississippi
“Renovations made it a huge difference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel for several baton rouge trips. The last time we stayed we all made the comment that it needed to be updated. This trip as soon as we walked in the lobby i could see a huge improvement (not that it was horrible before) new carpet, updates fixtures and the room was nicely updated also. This hotel is very convenient in location to the main road and to restaurants close by. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jessica M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you so much for expressing your thoughts on our newly renovated Fairfield Inn and Suites. My staff and I are truly proud of our recent update and are happy to hear that you are as well. Thank you for your business and we hope to continue to serve you as our guest in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bogue Chitto,MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here Easter weekend for a concert as other reviews say the hotel has just been remodel an it shows, staff at front desk was very friendly an helpful, check in was swift no lines, stayed in room 206 room was very very clean,bed was super comfy,pillows great an no musty smells an price was $96 total! can't beat that. They have their own parking which is free,There is a pool an it was open,gym which looked nice,elevator kinda slow,breakfast was great so many choices which is also free starts at 7-10!
I was awakeing by housekeeping they started vacuum at 9:50, I guess they have to start early to clean that's my only complaint an if u stay at any hotel don't forget to put your do not disturb sign on your door cause they will knock an wake u just in case u like to sleep in! I will definitely return an reccomend to my friends an family! Great Job Fairfield Inn....

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you from the Fairfield Inn and Suites Team for taking the time to comment on your experience while staying with us. Your nice comments are truly appreciated by my staff and I. Thank you for your business and we hope to serve you again during a future stay.
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice, once in Jan of 2012 and once in Mar of 2013. Both times it was a very nice place, as far as service, cleanliness, comfort and breakfast went... but the advertised indoor pool was closed on both trips, much to my disappointment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jessica M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Baton Rouge, La. It is always a pleasure reading our guests comments. I deeply apologize for our pool being down during both or your visits with us. We have resolved the issue with repairs and the pool is now working properly. We hope to have the pleasure of you and your family visit with us again to experience our open indoor pool. Thank you for being a repeat guest it is truly appreciated.
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Marriott seems to have the most consistent brand quality of all chains, across all of their brands, & this facility is another example. No surprises. Good staff. Good rooms. Clean & pleasant. And a fairly good restaurant (Copelands) is within easy walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Jessica M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn Baton Rouge, La. By reading your comment we are honored to know that you choose Marriott brands when traveling. Thank you for your business and we look forward to having you stay with us again when in the Baton Rouge area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the hotel was clean and comfortable. Location is good and easy to assess even with the nearby road construction. Lots of restaurants in the area. Not far from the mall either. Great choice!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for submitting your experience at the Fairfield Inn Baton Rouge. It is always a pleasure reading kind comments from our guests. I will definitely share your experience with my staff. Hope to see you soon during a future stay with us; as my staff and I will be honored to have you as our repeat guest. Thank you Jessica Mitchell General Manager
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

All I have to say is WOW! For a hotel that I used to avoid because it was "tired", they have really come around with their renovation. Everything in the room was brand new, the hotel has a fresh new look, and the beds were super comfortable! Donald at the Front Desk was awesome, and made sure all of my requests for my room were taken care of for me upon arrival. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Front side of the hotel is quieter (faces away from the interstate)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jessica M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baton Rouge South, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Fairfield Inn Baton Rouge. We are delighted that you and your family had a chance to experience our renovation completion. We are pleased to here that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for sharing your comments and I am honored to hear that Donald help increase your hotel experience. I will recognize him in our daily meeting as this week Service Star. Your business is truly appreciated and we hope to see you again as my team will be honored to serve you during your future stay.

Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Fairfield Inns always seem to be winners. I'm not sure if this is a newer hotel or recently renovated, but the lobby and breakfast areas were very new, modern, comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The carpet on the second floor looked brand new. My room was an average size, but very clean and smelled great. And, there's plenty of outlets for all your technology. The bathrooms are smaller than a Hampton Inn, but again clean and nice. They gym is small, but the equipment was adequate for me. The hotel is right off of I-10 for easy access. There are several decent restaurants nearby. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank laketravishill
Thank you for sharing your hotel experience with us; your business is truly appreciated. It is always a pleasure being able to read the kind words and comments from our guests. It truly means a lot to my staff and I to know that we had a positive impact on our guests. It was delighting to read that you enjoyed your stay at our newly renovated Fairfield Inn Baton Rouge. Thank you as we look forward to serving you again during a future stay.