Let me start by saying that we stayed here 6 years ago, back when it was a Sheraton and it was great. When I checked in yesterday, I was at the front desk speaking to the person behind the counter to get my room key and a heavy set maintenance guy came rushing over, leaned in on the counter in front of me and interrupted our conversation to talk about some work issue. (seems like he could have waited 1 second, or at least brought it to his own supervisor). I am not high-maintenance but I stay at a LOT of hotels all over the U.S.. The staff person could have said either "excuse me" or "sorry to interrupt...". The guy checking me in didn't smile or make eye contact and lacked all basics of a warm welcome. Next, housekeeping wanted to come in within 5 mins. of checking into the room & I said no thanks - the woman asked if I'd sign something. There is no "Please Do Not Disturb" door knob hangers. Who has heard of a hotel without this simple convenience? Then when we were leaving for dinner at around 8:30 pm, Luther Vandross-ish music was crackly/blasting (not even decent sound quality) and you couldn't talk to the person next to you without yelling. From 6p-8p, there were kids and a barking dog in the hallway. The pool is only open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. What if you wanted to take a dip before heading out to work? Pretty lame hours. Also, the valet service was not polite and acted like we were bothering him. Our company will not be staying here again. Really disappointed that we didn't stay at the Hilton. The General Manager of Belle of Baton Rouge should consider sending his staff to a nice hotel for a morale-boosting workshop, (as most of them seem to hate their job) so they can see how most hotel staff treat their guests. P.S. The Atrium seems to be a gorgeous space with such potential if there was a bit more professionalism.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of historic Baton Rouge, our casino & hotel is the ideal place to stay & play. Exciting, fun gaming action 24/7! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Belle of Baton Rouge Casino & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belle Of Baton Rouge Hotel Baton Rouge
- Belle Of Baton Rouge Casino And Hotel
- Sheraton Baton Rouge Hotel
- Baton Rouge Sheraton