My boyfriend and I stayed here overnight so he could go to a concert at The Varsity Theater. The Belle is about 2 miles from the Varsity, so we chose it for its convenient location. I booked online, so the room was $50 cheaper than if I booked it over the phone directly with the hotel. So if you do stay here, book online. Check-in time was 3:00. We literally got there at 2:52 and they would not let us check in. So we stayed in our car in the 98 degree heat, along with other people in their cars, and waited. The workers outside for valet parking and helping organize the chaos of cars pulling up to check-in were very nice. There is no parking lot that you can access in the front of the hotel while you are checking in, so you are basically waiting in line on the street. Very strange and I was afraid my car would be crashed into at any moment. Check-in went smoothly and there is a gated parking lot in the back of the hotel for guests. I did like that it was gated because the area didn't seem at all safe. Our room was small, but clean. There were fresh clean towels in the bathroom and the bed had what appeared to be relatively new sheets on it. The bed and pillows were comfy and the air conditioner kept us cool. The only complaint about the room was there was a chair that had a very odd smell. I don't know if it was some sort of disinfectant or what, but I smelled it immediately upon entering the room. There was no guest binder with attractions, restaurants, hotel accommodations, etc. We phoned the front desk and told there was no room service available. We had a long walk back to our car every time we left, and I didn't feel safe at any time. We took a little walk around to see if there were any restaurants in the hotel, considering it is a casino as well. There are a couple of places to eat, but none of them were open. When we checked out the next morning, we received no receipt, no thank you, no nothing. When we asked for a receipt, we were told we could get it from the place where we booked it. So, you don't book over the phone, because who would pay $50 extra to book over the phone, there's no room service, you don't print receipts...exactly what do you do as you're sitting there at the front desk? I guess there aren't any serious complaints, but I did not feel safe there and we ended up leaving around 8:00 the next morning. I will not be coming back here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of historic Baton Rouge, our casino & hotel is the ideal place to stay & play. Exciting, fun gaming action 24/7! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Belle of Baton Rouge Casino & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belle Of Baton Rouge Hotel Baton Rouge
- Belle Of Baton Rouge Casino And Hotel
- Sheraton Baton Rouge Hotel
- Baton Rouge Sheraton