I booked this hotel for work travel and figured it would be a fun break to gamble at the riverboat casino. I also looked forward to the comfort I usually experience with Sheraton hotels.
I was extremely disappointed. First, the area the hotel is located is extremely bad. There is construction everywhere people are loitering all around and the city is a ghost town. No where to eat without heading to the attached restaurant Shucks. While there is a nice river walk, I felt very unsafe and even got catcalls and beggars approaching me.
The room was adequate. It was reasonable clean, but the most humid and moist room I have ever stayed in. After a few hours being in the room, my clothes, work papers and luggage was all moist. There was also a knat infestation, which was slightly concerning. The room was extremely dark and my view was of a brick wall of a parking garage.
The only potential to save the visit was the riverboat gambling and I have to say it was one of the most depressing experiences of my life. The riverboat is old, smelly and filled with seniors gambling away the little money they had. I will NEVER return!!
One positive was that they had a wonderful breakfast buffet, although it was expensive it was worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of historic Baton Rouge, our casino & hotel is the ideal place to stay & play. Exciting, fun gaming action 24/7! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Belle of Baton Rouge Casino & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belle Of Baton Rouge Hotel Baton Rouge
- Belle Of Baton Rouge Casino And Hotel
- Sheraton Baton Rouge Hotel
- Baton Rouge Sheraton