“dont think about this hotel”

Belle of Baton Rouge Casino & Hotel
Ranked #63 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
baton rouge la
“dont think about this hotel”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

i am a local who stays here every year 3 times a year.i loved it at first then i started to see after the 2nd 3rd time its disgusting.the carpet.the furniture,old azz t.v,the hall smells so bad every single hall.if you want to party hard go here and dont worry about making a mess,feel free its what i think we are suppose to do here.your kids cant swim in the pool so dont bring them....just have a free for all there .it sure looks like thats what goes down here 24-7.made up rules by who knows there...dont go...you will be sorry

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We wouldn't stay here again on a "bet" -- excuse the pun. We spent 5 nights here because it was the closest hotel to a nearby function we were attending in Baton Rouge. If we knew then what we know now we probably would have brought a tent and set it up in a nearby parking lot. This place is a dump. The hallway carpets are filthy, as are the carpets in the rooms. The tile was actually separated from the wall in our tiny bathroom. (We mentioned it to the front desk and were told they were "sorry.") Our telephones did not work the entire time. No coffee maker, no hair dryer, no hotel guide -- nothing! Our room was not cleaned up for two consecutive nights. When I complained to Andrew at the front desk each evening, he assured me it would be done. Finally, about 9:00 p.m., I went back to the front desk and asked for clean towels -- and Andrew handed them to me over the counter. The following night the same thing happened. The staff -- starting with Andrew -- is very good at saying, "I'm terriby sorry, I'm so sorry, We'll take care of that right away, I'm sorry." The problem is they don't do anything except apologize and blame things on each other -- all except for one: when we couldn't get into the business office to print boarding passes, the young woman at the front desk just stared at us then sauntered toward the office. We guessed we were supposed to follow her, and we did. She sort of sighed and let us into the room with a passkey. Not a word was spoken (she must not have been sorry). The owners of this dump must make a ton of money in the Casino, becuase it's pretty clear they don't want to be in the hotel business.

Room Tip: If you must stay in downtown Baton Rouge, go someplace else.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JoeTraveler656

Travelers are raving about these Baton Rouge hotels

Magnolia, Texas
Reviewed June 26, 2013

From the check in & until check out- horrible experience. They advertise wheel chair accessible but the bathroom door opens IN & you have about 2" between the door & the toilet. NO COFFEE pot in the room, you have to go to the lobby, the buffet is not open but 2 days, the hot tub was broken, the tub was very very slippery, the lamps didn't work, the TV didn't have a 'guide' so you didn't know what was on TV, & the beds were hard. the Shucks rest. took over an hour for a med rare steak at dinner & the next morning they burned my egg.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Belle at Baton Rouge and you should have a better experience.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nancy g
Erick A, Owner at Belle of Baton Rouge Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2014
Well, this certainly isn't what we like to see, Nancy, nor is it something we're used to hearing! You should expect nothing short of a fantastic all around experience with us, and we hope you'll accept our apologies if we fell short. We wish you would have let us know about all these things in the moment -- we would have been more than happy to fix things to make sure you were rightfully accommodated! Know that you're being heard loud and clear, and that we will definitely be addressing this with the staff.

Belle of Baton Rouge Casino Hotel
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I'm a resident of Baton Rouge and would visit the casino and hotel frequently. Previously, my stays were great but recently ALL of them have been horrible! Keith at the front does not deserve a positioning Customer Service especially since he does not know how to talk to people. I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights at the family and friends rate and really glad I didn't pay more - I already feel cheated the money I did pay. There's no guest microwave and according to Keith there's nothing he came do about it since its hotel managements fault that when the microwave broke THEY never replaced it! Security is the best feature at this establishment. The hotel looks good on the outside but is a horrible place to stay with horrible customer service and horrible amenities. The pool here is not open to children when most check in with our children and no other alternate entertainment is offered. I wanted to check out with clean clothes - the washing machines were nasty with stuff dried inside...I had to disinfect and clean before use. I checked thee washers for 2 days thinking that surely housekeeping would at least sometime during the day check on the cleanliness of the guest washing area but to my surprised the joke was on me. I took for granted that this was an efficiently run establishment. I visited the front desk to get a duplicate key when my original key was no longer working and even that was a task.
If you have a convention to attend or just want a little "staycation" the Belle of Baton Rouge is NOT the place to be! I plan to take my complaint to Hotel management today....

• Stayed June 2013
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Good clean hotel with friendly staff, happy to serve. Handy having the bar on site but convenient location means chesper bars are within easy reach.
The hotel did feel a bit of an add-on to the Casino but that didn't affect our visit. Handy car parking nearby that was free and much appreciated.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Rabble69
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Walk in and should have walked out right away. Location should make it nicer not not the case. Lots of nearby local gamblers with problem walking around in casino. Did not feel safe. Did not stay the night.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank TravelLovePet
new orleans
Reviewed May 21, 2013

If you're white stay away !!! I saw an empty slot and decided I wanted to play. No one was around. Then I sat down a black dude pops by and tells me it's his game. Black girl came up to me bumming for money (what a shocker, right?) It is a smelly, microcosm of Baton Rouge. All black and ghetto. Shootings in the parking lot. Mean looks from black men. Stay the H away from this dump.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo