“For whom the Belle tolls”

Belle of Baton Rouge Casino & Hotel
Ranked #67 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Monroe, Louisiana
“For whom the Belle tolls”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Usually do not stay here but we needed to be in this area for a special event. Will not repeat this mistake. No hair dryer, no coffee, ice machines broken on several floors, and the bathroom is so small I have to straddle the toilet to shut the door. This is one belle that is past her prime. If I had not prepaid for room, I'd be gone!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I can only describe this as deplorable! Excellent locations but dirty and out dated :( Staff however was very polite and professional. The staff was so nice form the front desk to the maintenance people that I had actually felt bad leaving but it was just too stained, outdated and run down:( I had found another hotel nearby similar in price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank cfr24752

Travelers are raving about these Baton Rouge hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Booked The Belle last minute and received a fairly decent price. Only slightly more than the motels I'd been staying at on my road trip up until that point.

The hotel was very quiet, we were there midweek in April so perhaps not a busy period.

The room was spacious and very clean. There is a small but decent fitness centre but unfortunately the pool was off-season. Free parking also good bonus.

Had breakfast both mornings in Shucks, the $3 breakfast was really good value. Eggs, potatoes or grits and toast or biscuit. The blonde girl who served us the first morning was very friendly and acknowledged us when we returned on the 2nd morning.

Nicely located for a quiet walk around the centre and along the Mississippi. We had to drive 5/10 minutes to find somewhere to dine at but this is no fault of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Over the past several years this hotel has continued to deteriorate in the quality of the rooms and hallways. The rooms badly are in need of fresh paint and new carpets. Hallways, too. The facility itself has all the things needed for a great conference or wedding but the hotel does not meet the needs. Staff is very uncaring and seem to have an attitude. There is little available for restaurants in the complex. Shucks on the levee was OK. Had a very inexpensive breakfast there one monring. The casino is getting run down too. Very smoky and dingy. Overall not where we will be staying the next trip to Baton Rouge.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
saint paul
Reviewed March 18, 2013

WOW! If I had read these other reviews, I wouldn't have stayed there. But, I did and found it
just fine. Staff was friendly, not rude. Room was clean and maid service was good. Booked here because our convention at the Hilton was full. The big difference there was I paid $89 for a room instead of $199 at the Hilton. Had lots of opportunity to walk around the area, and it's a great downtown location. We didn't use the casino but did tour the USS Kidd which is parked nearby. Also in easy walking distance were an Art Museum and the original state capitol building.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Efland, North Carolina
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Rooms not clean & smelled moldy
Tub leaked carpet wet
Room AC/heat did not work just the fan
Staff rude, maid just droped some towels on suit case
Staff made no effort to locate another room.

Shucks was great both food and staff. The Atrium buffet way over priced for the poor quality food

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
BelleofBR, Marketing at Belle of Baton Rouge Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
JPC47_13,

We apologize for your experience with us. We hope you consider giving us another chance next time you come to Baton Rouge. We are pleased to hear that your visit with Shucks was great and would love to serve you again!
Madison, MS
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I'm glad I didn't read the reviews before my weekend stay, or I might have canceled my reservation. I found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful, especially Kevin, the bellman. He took me and my friends to the Shaw Center for the Arts, which we could have easily walked, but since it was raining, we really appreciated the ride. He even came back to pick us up, but we had already managed to get a cab (he had gone to the airport to pick someone up or he'd have been there even before the cab). Check in was a breeze. The room itself was nothing special, but it was roomy and clean, which is all I really require. The casino is small and smoky, but I never felt unsafe there. The location can't be beat...there's a ton of stuff to do and see within walking distance. I got a great price, especially considering I was there on a weekend

No, it's not the lap of luxury, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Belle again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
BelleofBR, Marketing Coordinator at Belle of Baton Rouge Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
ceegee58jxn,

We are extremely happy to hear about your experience with the Belle. We are glad your service and stay was enjoyable. Please come back and visit us next time you make your way to Baton Rouge!