“Great Hotel”

Ranked #63 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
emily111
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed February 17, 2008

This was booked through my husbands work we had a banquet and I have to say I was very impressed with this hotel. The rooms were wonderful the beds so comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was the best I ever had in a hotel. They were all so so nice every employee. I had a great stay and I am picky so I am not easy to please but I cannot find one thing bad about this hotel or any of the emloyees. Well worth the money and great location to walk around downtown or if you like the casino ( I dont) :)

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Gretna, Louisiana
Reviewed January 20, 2008

The people who work for this hotel make it as good as it is. I brought my mother here for her 70th birthday and we absolutely had a blast!!! My mother and I would especially like to commend Rickey--Valet, Kevin--Bartender, Anna--Management, Jabari--Valet, and Thomas--we think he is responsible for everything. Without these people our stay would not have been as good. There was one minor issue and that is the housekeeping. We were promised that our issue would be discussed at the next in house meeting. The beds in this place are heavenly. My mother usually wakes up at 5:00 in the morning and she slept to 9:30. It was almost a miracle. Keep up the great work!!

• Liked — The people who work for the Baton Rouge Sheraton
  • Disliked — Buffet and Casino
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
Lake Charles, LA
Reviewed December 1, 2007

We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past for conferences. While the facility is OK, the rooms are small and somewhat cramped. The service at the hotel is mixed with some staff being friendly and helpful and others acting as if you are an interruption. Be aware also that the concierge floor only provides a very limited continental breakfast and in the evenings only provides free soft drinks and cookies - alcohol will cost you $6.00 per drink. . It is also has a casino on a riverboat connected to the hotel after a long walk but it is cramped and smoky.

As an example, our room was not serviced by the time we went back to the room after 4:00pm. Now the room was empty from 9:00am so one would think that staff could have serviced the room sometime during the seven hours. When I asked the cleaning staff about this, they said that someone would get around to cleaning it and didn't seemed very concerned. We left the room and came back several hours later to find the room had been serviced but seemed to have been done in a hurried manner.

Also, every stay at this hotel, some facility is either broken, under repair or being renovated. I could understand this happening during a single stay but this has been over multiple stays. It would be nice if this hotel was better because it is the only hotel next to the conference center.

• Liked — Near the conference center
  • Disliked — Overall disappointment because it could be better - poor housekeeping
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank techart

Travelers are raving about these Baton Rouge hotels

Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed October 31, 2007

I have stayed at this hotel 6 times in the last 3 years. Let me first say that I have traveled alot during the last 15 years. I am very particluar about cleanliness and service. The Sheraton is in a great location for Convention Center/State Capitol functions and is a nice hotel overall. The newly renovated rooms are very nicely appointed and classey. The carpet, bedding and bathrooms are like new. Even nice, comfy pillows. Prior to the renovation, the interior of the hotel was beginning to appear worn, but never ragged. Service at the front desk was occasionally lack-luster but never rude. Pool, hot tub and work-out areas were always clean and well-kept. Maid service was good. Room service food was always good. Valet parking...no problems. I don't understand why this hotel has so many poor ratings. All I can do is report honestly, about my stays at this property. I have never had to request another room nor have I had to complain about anything. Believe me, I would not hesitate to complain if needed. Don't worry about this hotel....it's very nice.

• Liked — New Orleans atmosphere and well-appointed rooms
  • Disliked — not enough parking around hotel...had to valet...although valet was trouble free and prompt
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank starbunker2016
Destin, Florida
Reviewed September 16, 2007

I was a little nervous booking this hotel based on the reviews I read on this site. However, it was the most convenient to Tiger Stadium and pet friendly. We checked around 3pm and left the following day after 12pm. We weren't in the hotel or room long, but everything was fine. No issues with cleanliness, staff was friendly, and the food was decent.

I've been in the hospitality industry for 15yrs (Ritz and Four Seasons). I can assure you I'm the 1st to contact Mgmt if I have any issues. As well, I understand struggles that hotels have with staffing etc. The staff could have been a little more polished in customer service, but they were overall friendly and willing to assist with anything.

I had no problems and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed September 2007
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 29, 2007

The stay at the hotel was OK, but 10 months later they decided to place over $600.00 worth of fraudulent charges on my credit card. Their accounting dept. has told me twice that they have put a credit through on my account, but that hasn't happened. Now, after 2 months of fighting this, the accounting department and the manager won't return my calls. E-mails to the corporate office go unanswered. This is a lousy company to do business with. I can't recommend staying at any Sheraton/Starwood property.

• Liked — Location on the Mississippi River
  • Disliked — Accounting department
  • Stayed June 2006
4 Thank jmackin363
Reviewed May 4, 2007

Had to call the service for coming cleaning the mirrors in the bathroom and in the hallway.

Overall that room 406 had not the Sheraton finishing touch we are used to. next morning the front desk offered me a voucher for a free dinner for my trouble, but we were going back to New Orleans :(

Received a helpful advice from the bellman on how to make it fast and simple to Plantations Alley along the Mississippi River.
The breakfast buffet was great :))

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple