“Close to Italian gelato”
Review of Latte e Miele - CLOSED

Latte e Miele
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We first heard of Latte e Miele from our son. Having been to Italy over 30 times, I was very skeptical about the authenticity of the gelato. We went, and were pleasentlty surprised. It was as good as my son said it was. My wife in particularly enjoyed the Menta flavor. The espresso was good and the biscotti were authentic. We highly recommend it. Its worth a try. The pricing is another thing, I believe that the cost of the gelato is high for the area, and a lot more people would be able to enjoy it if were priced differently.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is a magnificent gelato place with a very friendly staff. A great place for a break from one's busy day. Soon, I hear, they will be serving dinner also. Can't wait. When in Baton Rouge this is a must.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Since Latte e Miele opened their new location on Jefferson Hwy. in Baton Rouge, LA, it has become a weekly tradition for my wife, myself and our teenage granddaughter (often accompanied by her boyfriend). My "usual" is a coffee, with only a splash of steamed milk, which the attentive staff has named "The Tip-u-cinno." It is consistently delicious. The others in our party generally feast on the ever-changing but always wonderful array of sorbets and gelatos. When available, we indulge on the fabulous apple torte, served warm at our request. These are our after-school treats. Also available is a tasty lunch array including creative house-made salads and seasonal soups.
We have tried almost everything that has been offered, and everything has been delicious. If you are in the area, Latte e Miele is well worth a visit.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Used to treat myself to gelato at Latte e Miele when I lived in the states. It's not far from LSU, but closer to Blue Bayou. The owner is Italian and serves proper gelato like nothing you've ever had. Why he is in Louisiana, I do not know... but he has given us a pricelss gift! Plenty of flavors to choose from that change daily and they use local ingredients anywhere possible. Apparently they serve a lot more food items now.. more like a cafe, but I can't say much about the food or drinks they sell yet (I plan to swing by every time I'm in the states). All I know is that the gelato is heavenly. It's rich and creamy and perfect. You won't be disappointed. It's a bit pricey but most ice cream parlors are now... Baskin Robbins comes to mind.

I recently visited Malta where I had gelato from Sottozero (Bugibba) every day after discovering their shop. It's not as good as Latte e Miele, but the reason I add it here is because it's another example of proper Italian gelato that you can't get enough of once you've had a taste.

You must visit one of the Latte e Miele locations and have a taste of their gelato. It's friendly and the service is great. Any negative reviews should be ignored.

1  Thank Mattelynn
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have had breakfast at Latte e Miele about five times and lunch once. I probably will never go back. Though the coffee and the food is very good you will not be able to hear yourself think much less talk to a companion. We sat outside once for breakfast and the traffic going by on Jefferson Highway made it very hard to carry on a conversation. Today at noon lunch we sat inside at a big round table. There were 3 of us. The acoustics plus the music they were playing was so loud we had to sit very close together to have a conversation and it was still hard to hear. After lunch, I tactfully told the two young ladies behind the counter about the noise problem. I suggested that they might want to get some of the sound absorbing panels to install on the ceiling like other restaurants have had to do. One young lady apologized for the noise. The other young lady had a very smart mouth and I decided that this was it for me. I can pay $8.00 for a salad somewhere else where I can hear.