“Just missed the mark a bit!”

Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel
Ranked #5 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Gulf Coast, Mississippi
“Just missed the mark a bit!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Pros: The hotel & guest room decor was warm and very nice; The room service was actually pretty good, but a little limited with choices; The bed was extremely comfy; The housekeeping was above average and did a great job keeping everything cleaned & stocked.

Cons: We booked an Executive Suite at this hotel months prior to arrival. Upon arrival, we were told we had been downgraded to a Deluxe King due to them being overbooked. UGH! Why do hotels do this?! The Deluxe King was actually quite large, but still not what we needed for our family or what we wanted that matter; The valet service was a bit confusing & disorganized, but there is ample self parking; We never could get the air to work properly in our room and it stayed a bit stuffy our entire stay.

I would probably stay at this hotel again, but only because of the lack of choices in the Baton Rouge area.

2 Thank elpeckinpaugh
Bob M, General Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
I am truly sorry for the numerous issues that you faced while a guest at our hotel. I truly hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you when your travels return you to our great city. If I can be of assistance in the future it would be my pleasure and would welcome the opportunity to meet you.

Be Well and Live Life to Discover!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed 6 days at the Renaissance in early October for a conference. It was Southern Hospitality at it's Finest!..from the staff at the front desk to the housekeeping. I have stayed at some very nice large hotels in Cosmpolitan cities and they could take some lessons from this small but great hotel. My room was clean...beds were extremely comfortable. Location was great...you were just a shuttle ride from excellent shopping and restaurants. I had several of my meals, morning and evening in the hotel...the food was excellent. Weather was beautiful so outside seating was an option as well, thoroughly enjoyed it. The decor in the lobby to the restaurants was lovely. Very updated. My drivers were the greatest. They knew all the great places to take you to. It was a treat....as I stated in my review from the hotel site...If I won the lottery I would steal them all away. Made my stay in Baton Rouge a plus!
Don't forget to tip and tip generously!

Room Tip: If you don't like the traffic....ask for a room on the backside of the hotel...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We take great pride in meeting or exceeding our guest expectations. It is only through comments such as yours that we can continue to improve and grow. We have come a long way in our first two years and hope that you will stay with us again when your travels return you to Baton Rouge.
Thibodaux, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here over the weekend with my mother who booked the room and it was a fantastic hotel, but I had it on 57 degrees at night and was still hot.. Which in turn made it very uncomfortable...the hotel was clean and very nice for the price as well ..the location was great, but you could hear the traffic in the room and we were on the 6th floor..

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking time to share both the good about our hotel and the problem you had with noise from the road. I am so sorry that you were disturbed by this and hope that when your travels return you to the Baton Rouge that we will have the opportunity to serve you again. If you do please ask for a room overlooking the Aquatic Center. I think you will find more relaxing and quite.
Once again thank you for your comments.
Santa Barbara, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Room was clean. Hallway smelled like strong lysol. Lobby looks like a blind designer threw up random items (disturbing). Bar ok, food ok but bartenders (though nice) cannot mix a proper drink. Completely average highway side hotel in suburban America. Fine but not special. To be fair, staff all very nice.....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Your comments will be taken seriously and we do hope that when your travels bring you back to the Baton Rouge area you will choose to stay with us again. This hotel has had great success since opening and while I apologize that we did not have a room available upon your arrival, it would not be unusual for us to not have rooms available prior to check-in time. This may not have been the case for you and again I apologize that you were delayed in getting into a room.
When you are returning please let us know and we will try and insure that you are placed in a room with a great view of the area.
Once again I apologize and thank you for sharing.
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I spent a weekend night at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. It was a great property with many exceptional amenities. The staff was great and provided a lot of personal service. The restaurant staff was excellent and provided great service as well. The property is well maintained and modern. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The beds are some of the most comfortable that I have ever slept in. I would highly recommend it if you are in the Baton Rouge area. It is in a location that is near several restaurants and across the street from a mall.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are very proud of our hotel and what it has meant to the Baton Rouge area. Our success had been great and comments such as yours tells us that we are hitting the target of meeting or exceeding our very valued guest expectations.
Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed here while participating in a soccer tournament in Baton Rouge and it was great. Very clean, very modern, and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

The only thing I didn't like is the bathrooms have sliding doors that you can't lock. I have a weird thing about wanting a locking door on a bathroom, especially with a bunch of kids in the room. But its a great property nonetheless.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We will certainly look into your comment concerning the bathroom sliding doors and see if there might be a way of modifying them. Your concern is important to us so we will indeed look into this issue.
Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the very near future.
Be Well
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed overnight for a conference here. The location is very close to I-10 and right across from the mall. They do have free parking or valet if you prefer. I did see a shuttle come in, but not sure where it runs to. The decor is beautiful and modern. I had reserved a portable crib and it was already set up for me in the room. The room itself was clean and also beautifully decorated. I came in too late to eat dinner but I wish I had, the menu at their restaurant looked wonderful. Room service was great for breakfast, kids pancakes were a bit pricey at $9. It says silver dollars but they're a normal adult portion, my girls could have split one order. The conference rooms are beautiful and I really liked the electronic meeting boards.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
We thank you for taking the time to post your comments concerning our hotel. We are very proud of our TEAM and our service and your comments validate our growth and our success. We are always striving to improve and we sincerely hope that when your travels bring you back to the Baton Rouge area, you will choose our hotel.
Thank you again and Be Well!