Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel
Drury Inn & Suites Baton Rouge(Baton Rouge)
$100
$119
$104
$106
TripAdvisor
All reviewsperkins rowethe concierge loungebeautiful hotelaveda toiletriesa marriott rewards membernicest hotelself parkingordered room servicetwo queen bedsfree weightsfront desk staffbreakfast buffetthe entire stafflobby areafitness centernew orleansmall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I am originally from Baton Rouge, and I was pleased to see the hotel in a space that had been an eye sore for many years. It's always nice when a hotel can incorporate an older space so well. The hotel is beautiful. It brings a new level of luxury to Baton Rouge. The rooms and space was very classy. I was in town visiting a sick relative that was in the Our Lady of the Lake hospital on Essen Lane. It was wonderfully close to the hotel. I stayed in a king room on the club level. It was nice to have access to the club lounge. I could get drinks and snacks during the day. The breakfast was fairly standard each day, but the evening snacks and desert was very plentiful and varied. I enjoyed the access since spent much of my time at the hospital. The only negative was the housekeeping service. I stayed out of the room from around 8-2 most days. I would come back from 2-4 for my daughter's nap. I had to call housekeeping to have my room serviced each day, because I always seemed to miss them.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2012

It was a pleasure to stay at this hotel. The front desk staff were kind and courteous. The room was very clean and elegant, yet trendy. The bathroom was spaceous and had a "spa-like" feel to it.

The bed was very comfortable and we all rested well. The pool area is very well done and is quite inviting (although we didn't use the pool- it was January). For such an upscale hotel, the price was great. Overall, we had a great stay- enjoyed being in a great location, and had a pleasant experience. I would definitely go back there.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Joy H, Hotel Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for your review of the Renaissance Baton Rouge! We appreciate your willingness to come back after being here in January 2012 to write something so very nice! Please consider staying with us again so that you can enjoy the pool. It is such a beautiful amenity and we love having our guests be able to enjoy it! Thank you again!

All My Best,

Reviewed August 25, 2012

My daughter and I were guests on August 14 en route to college drop off. We absolutely loved our room at the Renaissance - the loveliest hotel room I've ever had without getting into the suite and specialty categories.

The decor was understated and classy with the most comfortable bed one could imagine. Don't know the thread count on the duvet but it was as soft as could be for two weary travelers from San Antonio with an after 9 PM check-in. Very modern, clean lines with regard to layout of the room with high quality design television area, drawers, and desk area.

The bathroom area was gorgeous with a large block linen-look tile throughout the walk-in shower area as well as throughout the bathroom. Very nice Aveda toiletries. As previously mentioned in another review, the large vanity mirror has a light up feature around the perimeter so that female guests can apply makeup and actually see what we're doing. This was in addition to the stand-up mirror on the vanity which was also magnified for make-up application. The entry to the bathroom was not via a hinged door but a frosted glass sliding door - it was efficient and quiet when I awoke before my daughter to shower the following morning.

We had the breakfast buffet the following morning and were promptly acknowledged and seated. Our host advised that the buffet was $14 per person vs. the $17 printed on the menu. A fair price for what we received - the food was fresh and well maintained for guests without messes at the self serving area. My made to order omelet was fantastic with the thinnest of egg expertly folded over my fresh veggies.

The lobby is open and elegant with its clean lines, fireplace, and seating areas. Laura (from Columbia) at the Reception Desk was most helpful in following up with me in retrieving a couple of facsimiles that I was awaiting on checkout morning. They were inadvertently sent to the Sales Office versus the Reception Desk - Laura left the desk and quickly obtained them from the Sales Office so that we could be on our way.

I will make sure that my daughter and I have a return stay at the Renaissance every year when I drop her off at college. I only wish that my business travels would bring me to Baton Rouge so that I could stay here more frequently.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in the executive king suite this past weekend. The overall cleanliness of the hotel was nice as was the lobby area and the staff. Although my one major complaint was when I went to lift up the sofa cushion in my room to look for my phone, there were 2 dead roaches that looked to have been there for awhile. When I checked out I told the lady at the desk when she simply replied "well thank you for telling us". I was in no way looking for a hand out, but considering the fact that I was staying in baton rouge's premier hotel and also staying in their highest level room that the cleanliness would have at least been better than that.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank jrog838
Joy H, Hotel Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

You are absolutely correct! I apologize for your findings in one of our most beautiful rooms and please know that we are following up with our staff in their response. We have also inspected this room thoroughly to make sure that no one in the future has this issue. I would love the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your issues during your stay here and if you have a moment you can contact me at the address listed below. Again, my deepest apologies.

Thank you!
hm@renaissancebatonrouge.com

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I rented a room for my friend and her 2 children so that we could have a "landing spot" while she was in town. The room was spacious, very clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. We spent all morning at the pool, which is great for kids and adults. With the water spouts and landscaping, there is no road noise. The kids loved the way the pool had shallow areas to play, and we enjoyed the lounging area around it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall, this is a great hotel that is convenient to great food without having to get in all of the traffic in downtown Baton Rouge.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Joy H, Hotel Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

We are so glad that your chosen "landing spot" was perfect and that everyone had an enjoyable time at the pool! Thank you for taking the time to write your review as we appreciate all your kind words! Hopefully we see you again soon here at the Renaissance in Baton Rouge!

All My Best,