“Fantastic Stay in a brand new hotel”

Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel
Ranked #9 of 78 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed August 30, 2012

It was a pleasure to stay at this hotel. The front desk staff were kind and courteous. The room was very clean and elegant, yet trendy. The bathroom was spaceous and had a "spa-like" feel to it.

The bed was very comfortable and we all rested well. The pool area is very well done and is quite inviting (although we didn't use the pool- it was January). For such an upscale hotel, the price was great. Overall, we had a great stay- enjoyed being in a great location, and had a pleasant experience. I would definitely go back there.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Joy H, Hotel Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for your review of the Renaissance Baton Rouge! We appreciate your willingness to come back after being here in January 2012 to write something so very nice! Please consider staying with us again so that you can enjoy the pool. It is such a beautiful amenity and we love having our guests be able to enjoy it! Thank you again!

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel

Reviewed August 25, 2012

My daughter and I were guests on August 14 en route to college drop off. We absolutely loved our room at the Renaissance - the loveliest hotel room I've ever had without getting into the suite and specialty categories.

The decor was understated and classy with the most comfortable bed one could imagine. Don't know the thread count on the duvet but it was as soft as could be for two weary travelers from San Antonio with an after 9 PM check-in. Very modern, clean lines with regard to layout of the room with high quality design television area, drawers, and desk area.

The bathroom area was gorgeous with a large block linen-look tile throughout the walk-in shower area as well as throughout the bathroom. Very nice Aveda toiletries. As previously mentioned in another review, the large vanity mirror has a light up feature around the perimeter so that female guests can apply makeup and actually see what we're doing. This was in addition to the stand-up mirror on the vanity which was also magnified for make-up application. The entry to the bathroom was not via a hinged door but a frosted glass sliding door - it was efficient and quiet when I awoke before my daughter to shower the following morning.

We had the breakfast buffet the following morning and were promptly acknowledged and seated. Our host advised that the buffet was $14 per person vs. the $17 printed on the menu. A fair price for what we received - the food was fresh and well maintained for guests without messes at the self serving area. My made to order omelet was fantastic with the thinnest of egg expertly folded over my fresh veggies.

The lobby is open and elegant with its clean lines, fireplace, and seating areas. Laura (from Columbia) at the Reception Desk was most helpful in following up with me in retrieving a couple of facsimiles that I was awaiting on checkout morning. They were inadvertently sent to the Sales Office versus the Reception Desk - Laura left the desk and quickly obtained them from the Sales Office so that we could be on our way.

I will make sure that my daughter and I have a return stay at the Renaissance every year when I drop her off at college. I only wish that my business travels would bring me to Baton Rouge so that I could stay here more frequently.

Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in the executive king suite this past weekend. The overall cleanliness of the hotel was nice as was the lobby area and the staff. Although my one major complaint was when I went to lift up the sofa cushion in my room to look for my phone, there were 2 dead roaches that looked to have been there for awhile. When I checked out I told the lady at the desk when she simply replied "well thank you for telling us". I was in no way looking for a hand out, but considering the fact that I was staying in baton rouge's premier hotel and also staying in their highest level room that the cleanliness would have at least been better than that.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank jrog838
Joy H, Hotel Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

You are absolutely correct! I apologize for your findings in one of our most beautiful rooms and please know that we are following up with our staff in their response. We have also inspected this room thoroughly to make sure that no one in the future has this issue. I would love the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your issues during your stay here and if you have a moment you can contact me at the address listed below. Again, my deepest apologies.

Thank you!
hm@renaissancebatonrouge.com

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I rented a room for my friend and her 2 children so that we could have a "landing spot" while she was in town. The room was spacious, very clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. We spent all morning at the pool, which is great for kids and adults. With the water spouts and landscaping, there is no road noise. The kids loved the way the pool had shallow areas to play, and we enjoyed the lounging area around it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall, this is a great hotel that is convenient to great food without having to get in all of the traffic in downtown Baton Rouge.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Joy H, Hotel Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

We are so glad that your chosen "landing spot" was perfect and that everyone had an enjoyable time at the pool! Thank you for taking the time to write your review as we appreciate all your kind words! Hopefully we see you again soon here at the Renaissance in Baton Rouge!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I visited the hotel August 3rd thru the 4th for my brother and his beautiful bride’s wedding. This is a very upscale hotel that is gorgeous and has a kind of “sexy” feel to it.

Check In: We opted for the “early check in” option and were able to check in around noon. I understand that this option is based on room availability so we were lucky. Check-in was fast and hassle free. We managed to check in prior to the hotel’s key card system failing. We did have some family members to check in during this failure and the hotel kept them informed as they tried to rectify the situation and come up with a solution.

The Rooms: The hallways are fairly looooooong in this hotel. Our room number was #632, which is the last room on the hallway. This could prove to be a bit of a chore for someone whom may have some physical challenges. The rooms were absolutely beautiful, clean, spacious, and functional. Very comfortable!!! We had a standard King room which included a King bed, two chairs, a desk, large LCD television, & safe. The room also included an iPod docking station/Alarm clock which was very useful for playing music while in the room and charging my phone. The bathroom was spacious for 2 people with a large walk-in shower. I do agree with previous reviewers that the floor can get very slippery so please be careful. There is a beautifully illuminated mirror that made make-up application a breeze. The room did not include a refrigerator but did have an ice bucket and glasses at your disposal along with coffee and a coffee maker.

Room service: According to the in-room menu “Room Service” is available until 11pm. I called down at 10:40p and did not reach anyone. The phone just rang and rang after several attempts. No biggie. There are several restaurants across the street in front of the mall. We opted for a double cheese burger from Burger King and a slice of praline cheesecake for Cheesecake Bistro. Yummm!

Tallulah’s Lounge/Bar: We did not get a chance to try the food at Tallulah’s but we did have drinks there on Friday night. It has a very nice vibe to it but we were not 100% pleased with the service. There was no mint available for Mojitos (I know get over it right?!), no Seagram’s 7 and one of the members drink in my party had a bug in it. The bar manager did come over to apologize with a fresh drink and even gave it to her on the house. We really appreciated that kind gesture.

The original reason for the visit to this hotel was for my brother’s wedding. The wedding ceremony and reception were held in the Bourbeau Grand Ballroom there. SimpIy Beautiful!!! I must send a very big THANK YOU to Landon Vincent (Catering Sales Manager). She was very helpful along with all of the other helpers and wait staff in creating a memorable day for my brother and his beautiful bride. Everyone there was helpful and WANTED to help. Whatever our request was it was met with a smile. A few others were Amy at the front desk along with Amy the Manager/Supervisor and also Ryan. Thank you to everyone who had a part in this special day.

I was unable to enjoy the pool and outdoor seating areas but they too were beautiful and well kept.

The check out process was quick and painless.

I look forward to staying at the Renaissance for any future stays while in Baton Rouge and will recommend to all to stay here.

1  Thank CreolePeach

A wedding can be such a wonderful time and we are glad you chose us to stay with while here in Baton Rouge! Thank you very much for your review and the nice descriptions you have provided those on TripAdvisor. I do apologize for our lack of mint in the lounge as Mojitos are a favorite drink among many! I invite you to join us again soon so that we can muddle away the mint for you and your family! Thank you again and we can't wait for your return trip to Baton Rouge Renaissance.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The Renaissance is Marriott's fancy big brother, and they delivered in Baton Rouge. Granted, it was not a resort, but still a nice hotel. The entire property is clean, clean, clean. I enjoyed the "transitional" decoration, but for some with the $ to afford the Renaissance they might be shocked at the bright colors and lack of traditional decor. The pool is just the right size and happens to be on the side of the hotel that gets shade after 2:00 p.m. which we enjoyed. It was hot enough with the shade that we were still melting! The restaurant on the property, Tallulah, was just right for menu selections and a good place to have a drink. Everyone was very friendly to our toddler who was running a mock constantly. One time we took the complimentary shuttle, in a Mercedes no less, to a restaurant with no wait and they offered cold bottled water on the way. The gym is the nicest hotel gym I have ever been to, bright, clean, lots of machines. Water and fruit, plenty of towels. Went there everyday - loved it! Still, I realize they are a new hotel and are the first full service luxury property in BR so they are still getting hitting their groove: for 2 days our keys did not work. We had problems every single time we tried to enter our room and the front desk had to have someone let us in as their key making machine was down. This seemed preposterous, but things do go wrong, and they were helpful about it. Another day our room was not attempted to be cleaned until 3:00 p.m. although we had been gone all day at a family event. One last notice that we found a little odd was no pool service. The pool shares doors to the restaurant and has tables outside but no one came around to offer food & beverage service to the guests. We spent several hours lounging by the pool and would have liked someone coming around with a drink/smoothie/snack menu to order from. This is major missing revenue for them!!!

Room Tip: We booked an Executive Suite and it did not disappointed. Large living room with a wet bar that went...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our Renaissance here in Baton Rouge. I see that you did not miss all the unique, indigenous aspects of our property and I am certainly glad that you were able to see the local area. We did have an issue with our key system during your stay which has now been remedied and we apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you! Thank you for all of your suggestions and we can't wait to see you back soon!

All my Best,

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Many people are reviewing this hotel and said that it wasn't up to standards...I happened to love this hotel!!! The rooms were amazing and made me feel right at home!! I will defintaley be back, and will suggest this hotel to all my friends and family! :)

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Joy H, Hotel Manager at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your friendly review! It is very nice to hear that you can consider this a "home away from home" as we strive daily to make our guests feel the genuine southern charm! Let us know when you will be back to visit the Renaissance Baton Rouge! Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

All my best,