“A little taste of England”
Review of The Londoner

The Londoner
Ranked #423 of 1,055 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: American, British
Description: Locally owned restaurant that specializes in authentic British cuisine, craft and import beer, and daily and weekly drink and food specials in a casual, family-dining environment.
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I had the Bangers and Mash as well as the Fish and Chips. We enjoyed the food and atmosphere, although the place was "a bit dodgy". Decent selection of draft beers. I would return.

There are newer reviews for The Londoner

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is one of the places I miss not living in Baton Rouge. We've watch many soccer games there and had surprising good food. I didn't expect the food to be as great because you would expect it to be typical bar food but the mussels are divine. I especially loved during the cold days you can come inside and warm up by the fireplace and on warmer days you can enjoy the outdoor seating.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The concept of this place is good, but unfortunately the execution is way, way off.

The price on the menu is less than the price they'll actually charge you. Watch out. It's systematic, unethical, and they're unapologetic.

The beer often has a slightly soapy taste to it - sometimes it's a very soapy taste. This has been going on for a number of months, despite my group of friends complaining on several occasions. I don't know what they're messing up, but it really ruins a beer.

The selection is unreliable - for instance they were routinely out of Smithwick's for months in a row.

All in all, Londoner used to be good - it became our default bar for a while - but it's now disappointing and sad. You'll be happier if you go somewhere else.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The chicken tikka masala has to be tasted to be believed - living in London I've had the best and this equals it. The desserts are AMAZING, give the fried bread pudding a go, it's the English equivalent of beignets. More traditional stick toffee pudding is a feather light joy!
Even my fab English beer (London Pride) has travelled well and is worth the taste, though not too cold!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Our family of 4 went to The Londoner on a Thursday night. One son didn't like the taste of his mac n cheese. Other son loved his pizza. It was large enough that he shared it with the other 2 kids. My daughter ordered the Shepard's pie. It was HUGE (see photo). She really enjoyed it. Husband had steak and penne pasta which he also enjoyed. I had the burger--it was BIG. Service was ok....nothing special but nothing terrible either.