“View of the Mississippi”

Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown Riverfront
Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Fort Worth, Texas
“View of the Mississippi”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is a very modern hotel inside a historic, old building. The location is great, it's a block from a fabulous rooftop restaurant, Tsunami. We went walking along the river and around the pedestrian friendly downtown. The staff were not rude but not friendly. They did there job but not always with a smile. The rooms were a great size, very comfortable bed and a beautiful view of the river and bridge.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Francis G, Sales Coordinator at Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown Riverfront, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear FtWorth11

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We like for our guest to feel comfortable during their stay with here. I hope that you will continue to choose Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown when you return to Baton Rouge.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I thought that this was going to be a great uneventful stay. I liked the newness, promptness of the staff in greeting me upon arrival...I accidentally left my cell phone in the car, but as I turned around to go retrieve it, the valet was there at the check in desk with my phone.

Check in was a breeze. The rooms are very, very small--I suggest splurging for the larger room. The bathroom was large and very useful. The hard surface floors are a surprise as this is the first hotel I've stayed in with hard surfaces in the room.

The air conditioner is awkwardly placed as it blows directly on the head of the bed. I had to construct a barrier with the desk chair and the shams.

After a good night's sleep, I went to the in-room coffee maker to start my day. This was when I started to lose it. Both coffee mugs were dirty--one was slimy the other had coffee residue from the person who occupied the room last. This made me question the cleanliness of the entire room. After I cooled down, I got in large shower. Much to my surprise, the shampoo bottle in the shower was not full like the conditioner. I guess the hotel requires guests to share the shampoo and conditioner until the bottles are empty.

When I went to check out, there was no front desk clerk in sight. I went to the restaurant and asked for assistance and was told, the front desk clerk stepped away and will be back soon. I cannot believe at 7:45 AM on a Tuesday morning any hotel would only have one clerk on duty to take care of guests.

With some attention to details, this could have been a great experience.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a larger room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Francis G, Sales Coordinator at Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown Riverfront, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear lachoirboy
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize for your wait, while checking into your room. I am pleased to hear that you did enjoy your overall stay with us. Here at Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown, we strive to make our guest rooms as comfortable as possible.
The downtown area is great place to stay; I am glad that you got a chance to get and explore our wonderful community. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown. We hope to see you again!!
Houston, TX
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We attend a wedding in Baton Rouge and wanted to stay in the downtown district near the water. We had the option of their Hotel Indigo or the Hilton which was right next door. The prices were within $5.00 and the Indigo looked kinda cool.

We arrived Saturday around 3:30pm and our room with (2) queens was not ready. By almost 4pm a line began forming as people were trying to check in. They only had one person at the front desk for a while until the manager decided to help. At 4pm, we were able to check into our room.

The room was much better than I had planned on, and the beds were EXTREMELY comfy. Good down comforters and nice soft pillowtop mattresses. The room was nice and Cold as well. I don't take baths, so it wasn't an issue for me, but there was not bathtub in our room. It was just a nice BIG glass shower with a rain shower and a hand wand as well. Very nice bathroom. Overall very nice room.

When leaving we were about 20 minutes down the road and I realized I left my cell phone. I immediately called it and it went straight to voice-mail. (I knew I had plenty of power.) It was either 1. Got thrown in the washer machine with sheets and got wet and turned off. 2. House-keeping found it and turned it off right away.

I asked the lady at the front desk if they had found it and she said no, but u can check the room. I went back to the room and see all the sheets stripped off the bed and laying on the floor. I checked the room again and didnt find it. I went back down stairs and asked to speak to the house-keeper. The front desk paged the house keeper manager and he came right now. I'm thinking there is maybe a 5% chance he comes back with it. Not 5 minutes later, he returns and says "Here ya go!!!!" he had found my cell phone, (Or atleast got it from the cleaning person). I was very surprised....

We did not eat at the hotel, but did have a good mixed drink in the bar in the main lobby. The Belle casino is a nice walk (about 4 blocks). It is safe to walk at night to/from the casino.

Lastly, It is just a 1 block walk to many of the bars/restaurants. Overall great location in a safe place. Our room was $140.00 on a Saturday for (2) beds.

I would definitely stay here again. I just hope next time our room is ready by 3:30pm.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear H-TownTraveler07
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed last year and were checked into a unclean room and they promptly move us to another. No biggie. Had a great time so decided to stay again on my trip to Baton Rouge. I was looking forward to my first day off in a year. I reserved a king executive room. We were arriving late so made sure to call late afternoon and let them know we would be a late check in. Arrive and get checked in and go to the room and its not a king executive its a full size bed in a really small room. So I call sown and ask is this really a king room. The gentlemen working the front desk says oh yes that's a king. I have a king size bed and know the difference. I stayed the year before and knew that wasn't a king. I gather our things and go back down stairs and look the guy in the eye and tell him that's no king room. He then admits that they have no king rooms. I was shocked that I was being lied to. My first day off and I am being scammed by this hotel. Yes I said scammed. How else do you downgrade me, lie to me, attempt to over charge me( they charged me for a king room even though they tried to check me into something less than that). I have traveled a lot in my lifetime and have never ever been treated so poorly. I walked out the door and went across the street to the Hilton and they felt so bad for me they upgraded me to a better room for less than what I would have paid at the indigo and wow what a great view.The Hilton did more to lessen the frustrating experience that I had at the indigo than the indigo did. My next trip to Baton Rouge I will be staying at the Hilton as they went above and beyond what was expected and I know I wont get scammed there. I know the bartender at the indigo was probably not the happiest as I dumped a ton of money there last year and left huge tips.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank em20003
Francis G, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown Riverfront, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear em200003

I personally would like to apologize for your experience at Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown. This is not the experience that we want to leave our guest with. I will definitely look into this matter and make sure the appropriate actions are taken.
I deeply regret that you had to leave our hotel, due to service. I will make sure that no one else has this same experience. Again I apologize that you had to endure such an experience. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me Francis Grayson, directly at 225.343.1515.
Sincerely
Francis Grayson
Prairieville, Louisiana
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We had an excellent stay. Then 06 rooms have amazing views of the river and downtown. One downfall was the airconditioning blew directly over the bed. It was cold which was great but the breeze was constant. Very clean, great service. Would stay again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kls98
Francis G, Sales Coordinator at Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown Riverfront, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Kls98
Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are elated that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown. Yes, we all love the view from the 06 rooms. They are beautiful. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. We hope to see you again soon!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel! I had initially booked at a nearby hotel and was not satisfied with the cleanliness or accomidations and thus spent the rest of the week at the Indigo. Great choice, staff was excellent. I was not a fan of the 16 dollar valet and wish they had a quick continental type grab and go breakfast but other then that I would strongly recommend for a comfortable, clean hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Cfr24752
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We greatly appreciate all of your feedback. We hope that you will continue to choose us for future visits to Baton Rouge.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I don't know how is it possible to pay for the nights I didn't stay!!
I payed for 5 nights breakfast included, first morning there was no breakfast!!! So I checked out after the 2nd night. What surprised me that I will not get back the money! What is paid is paid! Stone age philosophy!!
I left with very bad memory about this hotel!
I am really shocked!

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Balharithfahad
Francis G, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown Riverfront, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Balharithfahad

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. We are sorry we fell below your expectations. Your reservation was made through a third party and when using a third party for booking we are unable to modify the reservation. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customer, but a policy of the third party. We do thank you and appreciate your feedback.