La Quinta Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Denham Springs
Ranked #9 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Kemah, Texas
“Excellent”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel on 11-05-13. The property is very new and clean. The front desk employee, Debbie, was awesome, made us feel welcome, and gives a fantastic first impression for your Hotel. The rest of the staff we encountered were also friendly and made us feel welcomed. Will gladly stay here again. Wonderful staff and nice hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Little Elm, Texas
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I love staying at this property. The gentleman at the front desk named lance is the friendliest front desk agent I've ever meet and I travel often. He knows true southern hospitality. Thanks lance for the warm welcome and hospitality.

• Stayed November 2013
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed here due to a business trip. During my week stay I was encompassed by the best hotel staff. Debbie and Ravi at the front desk were awesome. On my first night I had some troubles with the A/C not getting as cold as I liked. The next morning I brought it to Debbie's attention. Immediately she had the problem looked into and continued to monitor my room throughout the day to make sure the problem was resolved. She even waited a few minutes after her shift to make sure I was comfortable with the resolve. She greeted you every morning with a huge smile and was very sincere in her greetings. Ravi was the night attendant and while sometimes I walked by several times, he continuously greeting me with a smile and was inquisitive to know if I needed any assistance. When I asked for assistance he was quick to respond and make sure that I was completely satisfied with the service provided. Katina, the breakfast attendant, made sure that the breakfast ran smoothly every morning and went out of her way on an occasion to make sure everything was as it should be. The only draw back I found was the housekeeping. The housekeeper did not always vacuum the room as tidy as I would have or maybe I am just a little OCD. In any case I have no make another business trip in the near future and I will be staying here again. I just hope that I will have the same wonderful staff that I encompassed this stay. GREAT JOB DEBBIE, RAVI AND KATINA. KUDOS TO YOU ALL!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Nick P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Denham Springs, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We truly appreciate the comments on your stay.
We will continue striving to exceed yor expectations
and use your comments to make the improvements needed.
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We arrived around 1am after a LONG drive. My husband & I were traveling with our 2 chihuahuas. Checked in and headed to our room. Went to turn on the A/C because the room was HOT and stuffy. However the thermostat was NOT working. Pulled cover off and hit the reset button. That worked for a bit but then the room became so cold. We were so tired after arriving so late we just went to bed. The next morning the room was HOT. Hit the reset button again, took showers and packed our bags. Upon checkout I informed them of the problem with the A/C. Yes, I know we should have told them about the A/C at 1am, but after being on the road for hours and bags unpacked, we just wanted to go to bed. Fellow travelers I know you understand.. sometimes all you want to do is sleep!!!
We did get a discount for the A/C problem. That's why I only gave it a 3 rating. If we do have to stay in the area again, we will return. Beside the A/C, the lady at the front desk was rude, but she did discount the room.
Breakfast was good. Bed was comfortable. The room did smell, but I'm sure that had to do with the A/C not working. Conveniently located. Easy on & off. And next to Hobby Lobby !!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple