La Quinta Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Denham Springs
Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Spent two nights at this La Quinta, and found it very comfortable, clean and fairly quiet. You can hear people talking through the vent in the bathroom.The staff is friendly, and they have a pool, business center and guest laundry. The wifi works great in the room. Overall a very nice hotel. Downside is location from restaurants. There are no restaurants within safe walking distance. No sidewalks. Most restaurants in the area are fast food.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Gamsilon

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I stayed here one night on a business trip. I was tired, and a bit stressed after hours of white-knuckle driving through severe thunderstorms in most of Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. I was not expecting, but was pleased by, the warm welcome and quick check-in at the front desk. The decor in the lobby is modern and not to my taste- but hey, it is not my living room, and it was clean and spacious. The room, which was a king, was clean, comfortable, and nicely decorated. There was a small microwave and refrigerator there, which was a nice perk. The bathroom was clean and spacious as well, and stocked with plenty of clean towels. I went down to the business center, and there were two computers with printers and the internet service was plenty fast; I did not use the wireless in the rooms, so I cannot comment on that. There is an outdoor lap pool that was being used when I was there; there is also a small exercise room. The location is convenient if you are driving on I-12, but the only store within walking distance is a Hobby Lobby. There are, however, plenty of restaurants within a short driving distance. I slept very well- no problems with road noise or other guests. The breakfast area was clean and well-stocked, and better-than-average for the La Quinta chain. Check-out was quick, painless and very pleasant- so nice to have a thank-you-for-staying-with-us and a smile before heading out to start the day. The only problems I noted were: (1) the ice-cold temperature in the business center; (2) there was no telephone in the business center; and (3) the thermostat in my room was of the programable type and not very intuitive to use- it would have been helpful to have some instructions on how to program it for a constant temp (which was cold when I arrived), rather than a temp. based on time of day. Overall, I was very pleased with my stay, and would have been pleased to be able to spend another night or two there. I highly recommend it this hotel if you are passing through or staying in the Baton Rouge area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank flabbytabbycat
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I don't give it a 5 because of location. Super clean, free wi-fi, modern and spacious, great staff and they accept pets for no fee. AWESOME deal. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank gabyheartsgrub
A TripAdvisor Member
South Bend, Indiana, USA
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Just got home from a three night stay in Baton Rouge. The LaQuinta in Denham Springs was excellent! Very clean and nicely decorated. The price was very reasonable. I ran into a gentleman from Florida on the elevator, and he commented that he stays at LaQuinta's all the time, and this was the nicest one he's ever been to. Very easy access off of Interstate 12, and only 10 minutes to downtown. I would stay there again if I'm ever in Baton Rouge.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
LaPlace, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed March 20, 2012

The staff was very professional and friendly! The hotel was very clean and beds were so comfortable. We stayed here for a baseball tournament locally. I would highly recommend this hotel. It was perfect! Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 19, 2012

staff was pleasant and helpful, rooms nice, clean and beds were wonderful. Breakfast was nice and varied. Good value.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank carolyn e
Reviewed March 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed here a couple of nights ago. This is our second time staying here because we really like the place. The hotel is brand new and probably the best La Quinta that we have seen.
The breakfast bar is well stocked and has a nice variety. They provide a refrigerator and free internet and ample parking. Free internet. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We have stayed on the first floor twice now and found that it was very convenient. I guess that I w...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple