“Not the worst and not the best.”

WoodSpring Suites Baton Rouge
Ranked #47 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I am currently staying at this place, and so far things are good,
Staff is very friendly, the corridors are clean, that is a weird smell but I guess it is normal.
My bedroom is also ok, it is an ok size, with one full bed which is confortable, it has a tiny kitchen and the stove is not working but i don't need it anyways. The only thing that I hated about this is the smell of the water I am coming from another state and I don't know if everywhere in Baton Rouge the water has this smell or it is just this place, but when I shower I feel dirtier the water smells like oncean water but for sure it is not. So everything else was good excepet for the water.

Room Tip: Use your own sheets for your bed if you don't have one just cover with anything, it had dirt on...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mari F
WoodSpringHotels, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2016

Mari, thanks for your feedback. We are glad, for the most part, your stay was satisfying. We do hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed here for an entire month, so I feel more than worthy to write this ACCURATE review, starting with the good & bad.

PROS:
1. The single bedroom (sleeps 2 adults) is $219 (actually $249 with tax) ... which amounts to about $36 a DAY...not bad at all.
2. The staff was friendly...always greeted me with "good morning."
3. Good location...near the Airline Hwy & Florida Blvd. intersection. 15 mins. from the majority of Baton Rouge.
4. The room was actually really clean when I moved in.
5. The air conditioner works really well...and I stayed during the HOT summer (but it was always cool in the room).
6. The hotel was quiet & peaceful for the most part

CONS:
1. Apparently the people who stayed in the room before me worked with animals, because my room was infested with FLEAS the first 2 weeks. I notified management on several occasions...they finally responded after the 2nd week. They hired ORKIN Man to spray the room (but by then I had killed all the fleas, so that was actually unnecessary)...But before that, I was bitten EVERY day (absolutely horrible).
2. The room had several ROACHES...one actually flew on me one night!!
3. The bed mattress was hard as rock...but you get used to it.
4. The pull-out coach-bed was absolutely disgusting (plastic torn, filthy, stained, springs broken, etc.)
5. The first week the front-entrance security locked door's glass had broken and I honestly saw one of the "thugs" off Airline Highway WALK INTO THE HOTEL and roam around the 4th floor yelling....I started to call security, but didn't want to be labelled as a "George Zimmerman"...but it felt really unsafe.
6. The internet is an extra $10 per week...it's only connected by an ethernet cord that you have to buy yourself.
7. The stove took forever to boil water
8. The kitchen supplies have to be purchased from the hotel office (unless you buy your own)
9. Housekeeping is an extra charge per week (optional)

Overall, you get what you pay for. This place is by no means a 4 or 5 star hotel, but it's also not a ragedy motel. You will save a lot of money if you choose to stay, so it's worth it.

Room Tip: The "coach-bed" option should be burned & deleted...you'd be better off buying an...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mozart1987

We appreciate your feedback. Since your stay in 2012 a few things have changed with our business model and we do hope you will give us another try. Thank you.