“Osso Buco anyone?” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Little Village

Little Village
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Village is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 1,025 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Barringer Foreman Road
Description: We are a local business serving Barbecue, Hot Tamales, burgers, po'boys and daily specials
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Osso Buco anyone?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

At the time my wife and I married on Christmas Day 32 years ago, we never realized how few restaurants are open on Christmas. Armed with this knowledge and a keen ability to remember my anniversary every year, I took my wife to Little Village (Airline Hwy) on Christmas. Even though I had reservations, 3 people asked before I was finally seated. We were given a table near the bar which by mid meal, had several people standing around it. So many, every time a waiter or person passed between the group and myself, I was either bumped or told excuse me. Had I not been halfway through my meal, I would have asked to be moved. That being said, my wife had the Osso Buco (Veal Shanks) which I had never heard of and I had the prime rib. The Osso Buco was hands down, absolutely fantastic, the prime rib was average. On Christmas, they had a abbreviated menu with only 6 or 7 items. I must say that I was surprised that you had to pay for bread in an Italian Restaurant. Overall, I would probably recommend.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MarionBD

Livingston, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Everything we have eaten here has been wonderful and we have been over 15 times. Great place for couples, family celebrations, etc.

Visited November 2012
New Orleans
“Don't Waist Your Time, Go to Harrington's Downtown!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

On December 4, 2012 I visited the downtown location for lunch and it was not a good experience. Ther General Manager Larry Potter could certainly benefit from a refresher course in Restaurant Manager Training 101. Chapter 1, page 1 - Customer Service. My coworker and I were very displeased with the smothered chicken with rice lunch special. We both sent back the entrees of undercooked rice and bland chicken. Imagine my surprise when the General Manager Larry Potter exited from the kitchen with our waiter in tow to merely GAWK at the table that sent back the entrees. It is unheard of for the General Manager/Manager not to come to a table and speak with the guests in a situation like this. I suppose after his "roving stare" he determined that our patronage and taste buds were not worth his consideration or time. Little Village Downtown should stick with Italian Cuisine and leave the southern homestyle dishes to the true downtown experts, such as Harrington's Downtown. We did enjoy the bread. However, the cup of minnestrone soup and cup of lobster bisque were just ordinary. After we sent back the entrees we chose not order any additional entrees. We did order strawberry cheese cake and vanilla custard flan, both were just so-so. The sensation salad that came with the entree special was very fresh. We paid our $45 tab and exited stage left vowing that we would not return to this location until we see General Manager Larry Potter's Completion Transcript for Restaurant Manager Training 101. Don't Waist Your Time, Go to Harrington's Downtown!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank charliegirl1970
West Monroe, Louisiana
“Best Stuff Steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Everyone that recommend this place pushed the bread on us as a much order. My wife and I love bread. Let me say that again.... WE LOVE BREAD. Neither one of us really cared for the bread everyone goes nuts over. My wife enjoyed her pasta, BUT my steak was amazing. I ordered the special which was filet stuff with seafood dressing and covered with smoked gouda cheese. The steak was extremely rich but amazing. I still have dreams about this steak. A very nice place for a date dinner.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank TCU2010
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great Service!!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

My Husband and I ate there last night the service was Outstanding he was so friendly and made our night a treat.(Donald) The Bread is Fabulous Our meal was good not great. But the New place is beautiful as the atmosphere !!!Love the new place!! your not on top of each other. And they make a Mean Lemon drop !!!!! We will go back! its reminds you of being in New Orleans.I just ate to much bread and was full by the time my meal came its a real treat to eat there Bread.Keep it up the food will improve I am sure.

• Visited October 2012