“The staff was amazing”

Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge
Ranked #25 of 78 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed February 17, 2011

My daughter got married in Feb and I met with the sales manager to block some rooms. At that time I was very impressed with her professionalism. She made it very easy for us from that point on. She blocked the number of rooms that we needed at a great rate. The reservation process for our guests was extremely easy. The staff there even agreed to pass out our small gifts as the guests arrived. One of the guests had broken ribs during their stay and commented on how comfortable the beds were. All the people that stayed there made a point of telling me how efficient and friendly the entire staff was during their stay. Thank you

• Stayed: February 2011
Arengj, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad you and your party enjoyed the stay. We strive to instill a culture of service from the Sales team to our housekeeping staff. It sounds like we exceeded your expectations. I want to personally thank you for trusting us with your daughter’s memorable event. I hope we can assist you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge

Reviewed February 15, 2011

Stayed at this hotel and loved it definetly loved the contemporary feel of the property and loved the friendly helpful staff i traveled to baton rouge many of times in the past but never stayed here now that i did i think ill ever stay anywhere else very close to nice restaurants and other local attractions like lsu and not to add there restaurant in the hotel was very nice and i liked the fact of the running water at the pool and the view from where i was eating the beds where comftorable and the services where just unique definetly an a+

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Great place to stay. Wonderful atmosphere. I travel several nights a week, and was delighted to have stayed in the Radisson.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2011

This hotel has very nice employees and the public areas are very nice and clean. The bar, is a bar, with Sam behind it you will be just fine. The restaurant, is a hotel restaurant, again if Sam is your waiter you will survive. The rooms on the other hand were let's just say were "groovy". The 1970's were bad years for hotel rooms and the proof is right here at this hotel. The room sported only a shower and the controls were in need of repair and difficult to manage. (Especially after visiting with Sam) The sink in the bathroom was made from plexiglass and it draining was a time consuming thing because it was not real level. Just weird. The floor was a fake wood floor that could use a little soap and water. And I guess it really would not be a review if I did not mention that the hotel was built about 25 feet from Interstate 10 so if you like the sound of traffic this is your place! If you don't but are forced to stay here, go see Sam.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Arengj, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We do offer a unique décor and full body showers that are not for everyone. However, I am glad that Sam was able to provide a level of service that exemplifies the customer centric culture that sets us apart from our competitors. Guest service is our focus and providing a unique guest experience is our mission. The next time your travels bring you to Baton Rouge, I hope you will give us another try. Our Hotel can be an acquired taste, but like a great wine, is worth the effort.

Reviewed January 3, 2011

The Radisson hosted its first New Year's Eve bash and it was perfect. The suites are spacious, comfortable, clean and very nicely decorated. The service was excellent: from the moment we inquired about the rooms and event to the late check out on the 1st of January. The catering for the bash, the venues, the musical entertainment all contributed to make it a memorable night.

We will most definitely stay there in the summer for week-end getaways.

We strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yvonnefuentes
RadissonSales, Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2011

Yvonne,

It was such a pleasure to meet you guys and to show you around the property. I enjoyed you so very much and am so appreciative of your comments on this site. It warms us all when our guests share their experiences with the management team and we are able to share and reward our employees for their hard work and efforts. I have added you to our special events email list. Hope to see you again real soon.

Happy New Year!!

Reviewed December 19, 2010

I stayed at this hotel while visiting the Family Worship Center Campmeeting. I booked two rooms. I would recommed this hotel for several reasons. First of all, the staff is very professional. I needed nothing special but since I was at the hotel for a week I got to know the front desk and housekeeping. They were great.

The hotel has a great location that is easily accessible to highways. The rooms, although on the small side, were well appointed and modern. The decor and bathrooms are modern.

The only drawback is that the hotel is almost directly situated on a highway. Try to get a room in back of the hotel. Our rooms were in the front and we had to get used to the traffic noise. We're from the NYC area so it was OK.

There is a great rib restaurant across the street from the hotel and many other choices for dining in the immediate area. The hotel has food service and bar facilities. There is an outdoor pool that looked inviting in warmer weather.

All in all we had a wonderful stay and would stay again. We called the hotel directly and received a good rate. I did a lot of research on Baton Rouge and I think the Radisson was the best deal for its price.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Erisa,

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!

I am so pleased you enjoyed staying with us. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with everyone.

Thanks for your patronage.

Renita McBath Spears
Sales Manager
225.236.4000 ext 102
renita.mcbath@cajunlodging.com

Reviewed December 7, 2010

At first glance, the hotel seemed to be well kept. The check in process was as expected, no problems, courteous staff and fairly quick. When I booked the Radisson I was not expecting the Ritz Carlton, I was however expecting a clean room with a comfortable bed. In my opinion, the room is quite small, but we did have two large queen beds that took up a lot of space. We stayed in a room with the Sleep Number beds. That was awesome! The beds were extra comfy. Book these beds if you can. The room had a nice size TV and my initial thoughts were good. Now on to the bad stuff. The floors were dirty! They are hardwood (or something similar) but they were not clean. I noticed several crumbles of dirt and other items around the floor and in the corners and "things" were sticky to my feet. I let it pass the first night, but when we came into the room the next night to find the exact same dirt, I knew they were not sweeping the floors when they cleaned the room. Second, the showers are VERY old. The shower floors were so dirty that I actually wanted to change hotels for the second night. Due to this only being a two night stay, we remained. I went to put on the pair of slippers that had in the room. These were also old. They were so old they had rust and mildew stains on them! We ordered room service the next morning and it was good and exactly as we ordered. It was on time as well and was not too expensive. Overall, the staff is nice and the beds are comfortable. My only issue with this hotel really revolved around the cleanliness of the shower and the floors. This is a decent option in Baton Rouge in this price category; just bring a pair of your own slippers!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
RadissonSales, Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2011

Shanna,

I am really appreciative of your comments on this site. It is guests like you that are willing to share your experiences that make us better and better! We are proud to offer slippers in our Executive Level guest rooms that afford our guests a feeling of home away from home. They are prepackaged from our distributors and untouched until our guests open the package. Unknowing to us, our shipment of slippers were less than acceptable. Your comment helped us uncover this and we were able to replace them.

So, thank you so kindly!!

Renita McBath Spears