“best hotel i've stayed in”

Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge
Ranked #27 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed October 10, 2010

great location, close to outback restuarant, and just very unique decor in room as well as hallway. it made our stay very pleasant

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
RadissonSales, Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2010

So happy you had a pleasant and enjoyable stay with us!! Come back soon!!

Reviewed September 26, 2010

We stayed at the Radisson for a quick nights getaway. My first impression of the lobby was the same as our room, immediately impressed by the decor. Although the room was small, the bathroom was the largest with the nicest decor that I've stayed in. The staff was very nice and the hotel bartender, Huy, was exceptionally friendly. Although we didn't get the sleep number bed that we booked and paid for, we really enjoyed our stay. We would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your comment. We appreciate guests that are willing to share their experiences. We love Huy!! Isn't he awesome!! So happy you were able to experience his kind nature and bubbling personality. We hope we can provide accommodations for you again in the future. Thanks a bunch!!

Reviewed September 22, 2010

I have now stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions and decided to write this review to let everyone know how wonderful it is. Sure, its a little funky-cool on the outside (a bit art deco) but on the inside, it is pure style and comfort. Open lobby and bar area is only surpassed by the incredible rooms. Hardwood floors, comfortable beds, plenty of room, free wifi, everything a business or leisure traveler could want. The exercise/fitness room is adequate for a quick workout, but the pool area is an oasis and the sauna is beyond expectations.

Finally, the front desk, management and room attendants are all very friendly, professional and always a pleasure. I highly recommend this property to anyone visiting Baton Rouge, whether for a short or long stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Thank you so kindly for your vivid account of your stays with us. We appreciate return guests like you that overwhelming enjoy their stay and are willing to share with others. We are appreciative of your continued business and look forward to seeing more of you in the future!!!

Reviewed September 20, 2010

After a long day of driving, I and my niece and her three-year-old stopped here overnight. She had stayed her the week before and enjoyed it. However, we were given a room on a different floor for this stay, and found that the decor and quality of this floor was not only vastly different - it was not nearly as nice.

The noise from the highway was substantial, of course, since it's right next to I-10. The beds were very comfortable.

They went for a swim in the pool and that was nice. Then we were too tired to go out to eat, so we tried the on-site restaurant. Nothing too impressive, and there was a loud television in the anteroom that was annoying. We were the sole customers, which was suspicious. The waiter was certainly no professional, but the chef seemed very nice. The food seemed well-prepared and was hot.

It was when my niece pulled a long, dark hair out of her little girl's spaghetti that we really got annoyed. It was clearly cooked into the dish and didn't just fall there. I had to first find someone to ask about it, and when I approached the "waiter" without confrontation, he made excuses immediately, as if the hair must have appeared from nowhere. He pointed out that it couldn't have come from himself (black short hair) or the chef (bald)!

I asked to speak with the chef, who apologized, but that was it. After some prodding, he suggested he remove that dish from the bill. We, of course, did not finish our meals and were disgusted. The front desk was no help at all. I don't believe that losing tempers and being nasty is necessary, but I came close that evening. Fortunately, I was just too tired.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
RadissonSales, Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2010

Thanks for choosing Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge. We are thrilled you found our beds very comfortable and our Salt Water Pool relaxing and nice!! We really appreciate you staying with us again. A major appeal to our property is our convenient access to LSU and the interstate. However, it can be noisy on weekdays. So, we often recommend guest request a room on the East side of our building which is quiet as a mouse!! Additionally, please accept my apologies for a less than perfect stay. After an exhausting drive, the last thing you want is imperfection and hassles. Your comment was immediately forwarded to our Food and Beverage Director for immediate action. If your travel plans bring you to Baton Rouge, please contact me. We would love the chance to show off our improvements to you and your family. Best wishes to you and yours.

All the best,

Sale Manager

Reviewed July 29, 2010

The Radisson is a very strange hotel indeed. In years of traveling, I've never encountered one quite like it. It's an old roadside motel next to Interstate 10 that was remodeled extensively to become the Red Lion a few years ago. Radisson has had the hotel for a year or so.

The hotel is decorated in a very trendy style but it's also very out of date already. Faux finishes in the lobby, hallways that are so "busy" they defy description, "cool" (if you shop at Home Depot) lighting, etc. They really tried, but fell short on the design aesthetic.

My room had similar issues. The headboard's "leather" padding had plastic and glue sticking out. Lights were installed poorly. The sink didn't drain. All minor issues, but they add up. And to complete the W/Econo analogy, the room has all of this trendy furniture and finishings yet has plastic cups and a 1970s-era ice bucket I can find at thrift stores. There were also NO electric outlets in my room, or at least none that I could find. During a big renovation did no one think to add electricity to these rooms!? I had to unplug a lamp behind the TV to plug in my laptop!

The hardwood floors are a nice touch and the showers (which others have mentioned) are the best part of the room! The bed was also OK, although I'm not personally a fan of the Sleep Number beds. My room was on the back of the hotel (per my request) so I did not hear any traffic noise. I did, however, hear every room door that was slammed shut. Why must hotels have those incredibly loud doors?

Parking is free and readily available. The front desk attendant (Cather, I think) is excellent and a real addition to the hotel. And the price is usually very good...under $100 in most cases.

Overall, I'd stay here again but I'm afraid this hotel is literally going to fall apart fairly quickly due to the poor renovation. I hope not, because a reasonably priced 3* hotel that's not a boring Marriott would be a welcome addition to the Baton Rouge scene.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank JJNOLA
RadissonSales, Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2010

I would like to thank you for your analysis of our property!! It is a little different and we are excited about the changes we have made to our property. To address your concerns about the plastic cups, there is a worldwide concern about hotels offering ceramic mugs and not thoroughly cleaning them; tranferrence of germs are a real customer concern. So, to ensure that our guest feel comfortable, we purchase insulated disposable coffee cups that are wrapped in plastic. And I agree, we have the coolest shower system in town!! Full body jet systems are amazing!!! We only have one floor that has sleep number beds, which are a Radisson Hotel Standard. However, we have 3 other floors that feature Plush Pillow Top Mattresses. We are happy that you will visit us again... All the Best, Renita McBath Spears

Reviewed July 24, 2010

We stayed at the Radisson on Acadia in Baton Rouge with small children for one night. This hotel has a nice lobby. Rooms are kinda neat. The bathroom is cool at first glance. However, this is NOT a family friendly hotel. The decor seems mismatched. You have a very modern feel in the rooms with a crazy shingle roof thing kicking right below the ceilings. Weird. -There is no complimentary breakfast.
-The sink in the bathroom is pretty cool looking. We booked 2 rooms here. In one room the sink drained very slow and in both the faucet came on quick and constantly splashed water out of the bowl.
- No cribs.
- No tubs in the the bathrooms. ONLY showers. And both were dirty.
-floors are not carpeted. Which is cool, except they're dirty.
-AC worked well. T-stat on wall. NO vents in bathroom. Gets hot in there.
-pool was a bit cloudy.
-Elevators are HOT and small.
-This hotel seems like an old hotel with new furniture and a paint job.
-front desk was VERY helpful. Recommended a good place to eat for families.

I read other reviews where there was an 8 million dollar remodel. Must have went to the tvs in the rooms, the sinks, and the lobby.

1  Thank mishalni

Please accept our apologies for a less than perfect experience with us. We pride ourselves in thinking as a traveler and hoping that we accommodate the anticipated needs of our guests. We hoped that others would like our very different approach at decor and wood flooring instead of carpet that would not be cleaned as often. I assure you our housekeeping staff go far and beyond to ensure all rooms are inspected before guests are given keys. We are investigating the breakdown that occurred during your stay.

Reviewed July 21, 2010

Enjoyed this hotel and definitely plan to stay here again when we return to BR. The hotel had a nice deal when staying two nights. Beds were very comfortable; bathrooms was large and clean.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
RadissonSales, Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2010

So happy you were pleased with your stay! We look forward to your future visit.