Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Baton Rouge Marriott(Baton Rouge)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewssleep numberlaminate floorsfront deskbeds were very comfortablelsu football gamevushowerinterstatebatonfilouisianaconvention
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have come here for a couple years now and have committed not only my company solely to the Radisson but every other company I am having meetings with or if anyone ever asks me where to stay in Baton Rouge. As a businessman staying in multiple destinations all year long I only have one destination I am not trying to figure out where I can go, relax and feel at ease and it's this Baton Rouge Radisson and I blame/give all the credit to Huy (stated like we with a whofty W). He is the real deal, caring, thoughtful and attempts to please his guests as much as possible and will remember your kids kids name. He's impressive, the showers are the best showers in Baton Rouge and the unbelievable receptionists, Kinjal and Alex have the best smiles to see as first faces in the hotel. Much appreciated hotel as a person who stays in hotels like its his job.

• Stayed: March 2013
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to both review the Radisson Baton Rouge and to praise our key members of staff, who enjoy reading these reviews and the recognition they deserve for the excellent job they do in making sure our guests experience above and beyond customer service. We look forward to seeing you very soon in the future.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Overall, the hotel was pretty good! The staff was AWESOME and so friendly! Thank you guys for that. I was visiting from Little Rock, Ar for a family members wedding and was there for three nights. I didn't smell an odor in the lobby that others talked about, but there were weird sewer smells in the bathroom that I couldn't get rid of, it wasn't in the room though; and the rooms are very loud because of the hard wood floors (SUGGESTION: area rugs). Other than that I really enjoyed the hotel. The SLEEP NUMBER BEDS were fantastic! The beddings were comfy. The tv was a nice sized flat screen, breakfast was pretty tasty. And I was within 10 min of everything I wanted and needed to do. I'd like to come back and visit!

Room Tip: rooms with sleep number beds were great, away from the interstate (quieter)!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 8j8
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Radisson Baton Rouge and praising the staff at the hotel, we are very proud of their dedication and willingness to go above and beyond guests expectations. I am happy to see you enjoyed our sleep number beds and 37" flat screen TV's and thank you for your suggestions, I will be sure to pass them along for consideration. We look forward to seeing you very soon in the future and assure you of our fullest commitment to guest satisfaction.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Used Priceline to get a 3-star motel in BR. Ha! If this is a 3-star property, then Taco Bell is fine dining. Seriously, I have stayed in other 3-star properties in BR (two different Courtyards), and this place doesn't begin to compare. Strange, strange decor: Art Deco meets Hee Haw (or Hobbiton, with cedar shake shingles sticking out of the walls?) Linoleum flooring--no carpet--in our room.

We tried to drown out the loud interstate noise by turning the HVAC system on "fan" and it sounded, at times, like a crop duster taking off. My wife's actual comment: "Is that thing going to catch on fire?" The beds were about as comfortable as army cots (and every movement produced a symphony of spring noises). Just a terrible place...in a really convenient location. Will never stay there again. Will not use Priceline again until they correct their flawed hotel rating system.

Room Tip: Your best room will be in another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

On Behalf of the Radisson Baton Rouge, I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, We like to enjoy our unique design features that separate us from the corporate branded image hotels, we also take all feedback seriously and I will pass on your comments to our office for consideration. The majority of our guests enjoy that we have hardwood floors throughout all our bedrooms.
I apologize for the problems you encountered and would like to extend this opportunity for you to contact me direct at the hotel to determine your room and take care of your room issues or
should you choose to book at the Radisson Baton Rouge again, I assure you of my fullest attention and commitment to making your next stay memorable for the right reasons .

Reviewed March 6, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE! When you walk through the front door, it smells like a sewer. I checked in and was given a key to my room on the second floor. The undersized elevator stopped about six inches below the second floor, so I had to step up to get off of the elevator. I opened the door to my room and there again was the sewer smell. To sum it up, the room was small, smelly, and loud. Apparently a major highway runs just outside the hotel. I was in the room for all of five minutes (spent contemplating fleeing) when the cleaning lady walked in -- no knock -- and said, "Oh, I was told this room was empty." She then left, no apology offered. Literally two minutes later, some random guy walks into my room, sees me, apologizes, then leaves. That did it. I checked out and waited outside for a cab. Oh, did I mention the very obviously lady of the evening I ran into in the hotel? I was actually grateful she was there because she left in a cab which allowed me to get the cab company's telephone number off the side of the car so that I could call for a cab and get the heck out of there! Pick the 66th ranked hotel -- it has to be better!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tanya K
Robert H, Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

On behalf of the Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, I would like to apologize that we did not meet or exceed the guest satisfaction standards that we normally achieve on a regular basis.
One of the ways we hope to achieve this is by allowing our guests to check in early before our stated 3.00pm check in time, On this occasion at 11.04am, unfortunately this is still at the time when our housekeeping is inspecting the rooms to maintain guest room standards. I sincerely regret that they did not apologize for the intrusion. We have taken measures to eliminate the smell and will work diligently to ensure this does not occur in the future.
Once again I apologize for the problems you encountered and would like to extend this opportunity for you to contact me direct at the hotel should you choose to book at the Radisson Baton Rouge, with an assurance of the my fullest attention and commitment to making your next stay memorable for the right reasons

Reviewed March 6, 2013

While accessing the property isn't easy, the close proximity to I-10 is great for those wanting easy entry to the interstate. The staff are friendly and work hard to please guests (special kudos for Vu in the Bar, Grant - the waiter, and Robert H - Asst Gen. Mgr). Point taken off for that weird smell (like a dirty mop) when you walk in the door. I was pleased to see that the room and other areas were clean. (Note: this hotel also has a liberal pet policy.)

Room Tip: Executive level rooms come with sleep number beds. However, the small and noisy elevator may not be ideal.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and praising the Food & Beverage staff, they take great pride in the recognition they get and so richly deserve. I am pleased to say we have taken care of the problem with the initial entrance aroma and will be working diligently to avoid a repeat occurence.