“Awesome”

Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Awesome”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I recently stayed here once again and it was as i expected excellent customer service, fast check in, friendly staff, clean and fully serviced luxury rooms. I would like to thank the staff and sales manager Ranita for making my special day even more special.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed September 28, 2011

The management and staff bent over backwards to make sure I had everything I needed. They were very gracious and professional. They were there when needed and very helpful when problems would arise. I really loved the hardwood floors and the decor on each floor. The thickness of the walls made it ideal for concentration while working in the room. I travel a great deal on business and pleasure and would definitely recommend this location.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Granger, Indiana
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Other than the wild colors this hotel is a great place to stay when you visit Baton Rouge. I was here for a military convention and the staff including the restaurant went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. I was in a suite and had more than enough room; the couch and chair in the sitting room could have been more conventional styling as it was very unconfortable. The bathrooms, yes the suite has a bath and a half, were nice size and the large walk-in shower did everything but scrub your back for you.

The folks at the front desk were the most helpful I have encountered in years and I did a lot of business travel until I recently retired. Restaurant had good food at a reasonable price and the staff could not do enough for you.

Don't let the colors scare you off, give this Radisson a try and you will not be disappointed.

your

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Arengj, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Thank you so much for the kind remarks. It is comforting to know that the Hotel staff exceeded your expectations in all areas. I know the colors can be a little intimidating but it does let you know that you will have an experience unlike any other in Baton Rouge. I salute you for taking the chance to find out what awaits inside our doors. We have a great Hotel staffed by great people and we are proud you gave us the opportunity to make your reunion the best it could be. Thanks again for the words as well as your service to our great country.
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel may have a 3 star rating but the room should have 4! I loved the hardwood floors in the room and tile in the bathroom. The bed was extra comfy with plenty of pillows. There was a nice, large, plasma TV. The shower was the best i have ever experienced while staying at a hotel. There were 6 wall sprayers, one overhead, and a side mounted hand held. Warning for those traveling with small children....there is no bathtub. My only room complaint was the a/c unit was a bit rattly and it made a very startling sound when it cut on. We arrived late Saturday night after the LSU game so I didnt experience any other areas of the hotel but from the noise and crowd at the lobby level, i assumed there was a dance club that attracted non-hotel guest. The problem with this crowd is they took all the parking spaces and their congregating manner made our family a bit nervous.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. We value your input and are pleased that you found your stay to be a pleasant one. The Beds are great aren’t they! The showers are an experience all their own but can be a challenge for younger children. But think of the memories they will have with their first shower! Sorry to hear about the noise problems and parking. It is a challenge on LSU game weekends and we try our best. We continue to try to improve in this area. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Baton Rouge.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Registration services were incredible, rooms were clean and fully serviced. The shower's are to die for as well as the sleep number beds. The only thing I didn't like was the lack off outlets to plug cell phone and computer. There was only one outlet in the desk area. Had to use the multiple outlets in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Use Trip Advisor to get the best available rate!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Arengj, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Thanks so much for the feedback. I will be sure to share this with our staff. They work real hard to deliver exceptional guest service and it looks like we hit a home run. The showers are great aren’t they! Not your usual Hilton shower. Sometimes you just want to stay in all day. I appreciate the frustration on the lack of outlets. It has been identified and on our improvement list. I hope you will stay with us again and please spread the word about this great little Hotel.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Great location to restaurants and the freeway. This is about all that I can say good about this hotel and its staff, primarily Alexa on the day shift. I bidded on this hotel through Priceline for a King size bed at $50/night. The Raddison accepted the bid and I think that since my pament was locked in, the hotel should have been locked in to give my what I paid for. Upon check in, I was told by Alexa that I would have to take a double bed roomon the first floor and that basically for what I paid that was a deal. It was not comfortable for a 6ft 5 in tall man to sleep in a full size bed. Also I don't like first floor rooms and was told that in order to move to another floor, I would have to pay an additional fee, starting at $10/night and goes up as the floor level go up. I think that this whole acceptance of bids on Priceline by this hotel is very deceptive and bad business practices. The hotel is not secured, access by the public is too easy. On the first floor, the side door is left open until 10pm, not safe for the first floor guest. There was a Party there and the guest to the party was loud in the hallway and very disturbing. They should have been allowed to only enter through the lobby and the hallways to the hotel's gues should have been off limits. I am very leary to use Priceline because of this business sham, no matter what I paid for the room, I should have gotten what the payment was for and not given what they wanted me to have!

Room Tip: Do not expect to get the room you bidded on, expect the unexpected!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Arengj, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
I understand your frustration and I am sorry your stay was not to your satisfaction. We try our best to accommodate all room type and floor requests, but at times we do not have the availability. I do agree that one of the drawbacks to booking through a 3rd party is you are not guaranteed a specific room type or location. These sites can be a great option to save money but this is the chance that you take. A quote from Priceline’s own website.
“All rooms will accommodate up to 2 adults. Requests for bed types (King, Queen, 2 Doubles, etc.) or other special needs (including preferences for smoking or non-smoking rooms) should be requested through your confirmed hotel and cannot be guaranteed.”
We do not allocate certain rooms or floors to our 3rd party customers. However, we do have to give preference to guests that book directly with the Hotel and reserve a specific bed type or location. If you book directly with the Hotel, you can reserve a specific room type and floor. We offer great rates and packages and I think you will find the extra money worth the peace of mind.
In regard to your security concern, as you stated, the doors do automatically lock at 10 pm so only Hotel guests have access. This is standard practice at most Hotels and does not pose a security risk. We do this so our Guests can have convenient access to their automobile or exterior entrance. Thank you for your feedback and I hope I have been able to clarify some of your concerns.
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed August 29, 2011

This hotel is unlike any Radisson you can imagine. Each floor has different room themes, they actually do a "tuck in" service where they pull back your sheets, give chocolates and fill your ice bucket! Everyone bends over backwards for you and it's a totally positive experience that is focused on the guest.

Room Tip: Just be pleasant to them and you will get more back!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Arengj, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know that we fulfilled your every expectation. Our number one job is to provide exceptional guest service. It looks like we scored a 100! I hope we have the opportunity to host you again. Please tell your friends and family that when travel brings them to Baton Rouge, the Radisson is the only place to stay.