“Wouldn't stay again”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Siegen Lane
Ranked #35 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I had to stay at this hotel for one night due to lack of availability during the LSU homecoming weekend. An old musty smell greets you at the door, along with the pleasant smile of a very friendly clerk. The elevator smelled of old cigarettes and was in need of a good sweep and mopping. The hallway carpets were stained, and the halls reeked of cigarettes.
I was apprehensive about the room since so far I had less than the best of a first impression. I was not able to get in the first room assigned because the lock was dead, which the clerk said "good thing your stuff wasn't inside, there's nothing I can do about that" yikes!! Though, the clerk was very helpful and gave us another room.
The room smelled as though someone had recently showered, but the tub was dry, so perhaps it was freshly "cleaned" whatever that entails. The floor was dirty, there was dust bunnies in the corners. The carpet was unsightly and soaked where the mini fridge sat. At least the sheets were clean. The bathtub had a liner to cover some cracks, but the liner was not properly installed, it was chipped on the edges and peeling up.
My biggest complaint would be the thin walls. When I say thin, I mean, they might as well have been a curtain, we could hear everything going on in the rooms around us, across the hallway and in the hallway....loud and clear as though they were in the room with us.
It was a one time experience that I would rather not have again, and for the money, it's not worth it.

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Not a horrible hotel, but this was only a stopover for our New Orleans trip. I have to say, the entire parking lot was full so money is not a problem which made the obvious maintenance needs all the more glaring. Paint peeling off the door, carpet nasty looking, etc. It was very clean, and the employees were nice and friendly. Breakfast was typical, but if I had paid more than $75 I would have been upset. Might I suggest in the double rooms which typically house at least two people management put in more than one coffee pod? Actually, might I suggest spending a little money doing a few things to better your hotel in general? This is fine for a quick overnight for college football or a stopover like we did, but not for your final destination.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We went to hear a senior recital of our adopted child at LSU and experienced the worst accommodations ever in our travel experiences. This was the same weekend as the LSU-Alabama game so we knew that accommodations would be scarce and expensive. Although the staff seemed friendly and attentive, the room was deplorable.

1. When turning down the bed linen for the night we discovered someone else's hair, stains, and nastiness. We called the front desk and they came up with new sheets. After further inspection we found that not only the linens were a mess but also the pad. They provided us with new pad and pillowcases, but we had to do the changing ourselves. They didn't have anyone to change the linens...of course.

2. Throughout our sleep the stuffiness in the room became apparent as I began to sneeze continually. My allergies have been under control for over 5 years and I'm allergic to mold. I have not felt that bad for years with the running nose and watery eyes. I found out that the mold was coming from the shower curtain ( big stain on the bottom) and the air/heat unit. If mold doesn't bother you, then it might be the place for you.

3. When trying to use the sink and bathtub, the drains were clogged. This indicates a lack of maintenance. Just get someone on staff to do a periodic. Of course if you like to mix the water housed in the drain with all it's residue in the water in the sink or tub this could be your kind of place.

4. Because we had already seen the recital, we decided not endure a 2nd night. And came home sneezing and coughing all the way home. When checking out we ask the front desk to refund the 2nd night. They said they couldn't do it because we booked through Expedia. However, after we talked to Expedia they would verify it and Expedia would do the refund. We called Expedia and they contacted La Quinta on Reiger Road and they said we hadn't checked out. We checked out at 10:00 am with a smiling front desk staff member saying "we will confirm it when Expedia called"

Remember, on a football weekend the rates are high....$200 a night with the AARP discount. I guess our mistake was thinking it would be mold free, clean linens, and no stopped drains. I guess that costs extra.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed over night on a business trip. The room was clean and well stocked. The bed was comfortable and had plenty of pillows. It was well worth the price even without the free wireless Internet and breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

I think this hotel needs a renovation! It's old, and outdated. My husband and I came in town for the LSU/S. Carolina game. All hotels were booked except this one and a few Motel 6's. I booked through Amex, and it cost $189.00 for the King suite. The room was old, dirty, and not worth $189.00! The pullout couch was stained and gross. The bed was hard and lumpy, as well as the pillows. The elevator was old and smelled like an electrical fire was about to break out! The front desk employee was nice. She let us check in an hour early, and out 30 mins late. This hotel needs a complete renovation.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Molah
A TripAdvisor Member
Iota, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The #1 reason I stay @ La Quints hotels is because they're pet friendly. This particular hotel happened to be in a great location for the work I was doing. It is not a 5 Star hotel but do not need a 5 Star hotel. The hotel was clean enough for me. The room was very large and the king size bed was comfortable. The A/C worked perfectly. The 2 main issues I had with my stay was the people staying in the room above me apparently never slept and were very heavy-footed. The other was our room was right above the entrance and one night some folks whooped and hollered until 1:30 AM. I slept with ear plugs and neither bothered me very much but affected my wife. It appears that most hotel guests were working people that went to bed early. I'll stay there again if needed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed August 25, 2012

A basic hotel, older property with obvious signs of age. the hotel was clean and the employees friendly and helpful. The hotel is near good restaurants; Chilli's, Road House, Joe's, and a few others. Plenty of Shopping nearby and it's a good location for visiting the University, probably 20 minutes away.
The room had the basics, and good wireless internet connection. At least half the rate for the nearby Marriott, it's a bargain

Room Tip: i had a room downstairs, AC was cold and no noise