“Poor customer relations on the part of management”

SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge North/Airport
Ranked #36 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
New Carlisle, Ohio
“Poor customer relations on the part of management”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This hotel was fairly decent value for the money. The problem that occured during our trip was directly related to the cleaning technique that occured in our bath tub. Our first experience taking a shower reflected a tub bottom that got extremely slick after the running of the water. I did not think too much about the situation until my 70 ish year old mother slipped and fell out of the tub striking the toilet. We notified the front desk of the accident, we filled out an accident report, and asked that the manager follow-up with us. We made no less than three attempts for contact, each time we were told that he was 'tied-up". It has been some two months later and no contact has been made with me or my mother finding out how she is doing.
Needless to say, I am disappointed with the handeling of the accident.
Be very careful when showering at this location, if you stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Grand Island, Florida
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I normally stay in Hilton properties and this property made me think of a more modern looking Hampton Inn. It was a one night stay to catch an early flight. My room was cleanm bed was comfortable, no complaints about the room at all.

I didn't see much around the area in way of food or anything so not sure about location for more than a one night stay for the airport. But it was perfect for me since they also offer a shuttle to the airport as well.

As far as their free breakfast goes....I would have rather ate dog food. Yes, it's free and all of that but at least provide something half way edible. Horrible!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Oxnard, California
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This is a good place for someone looking for a moderate budget property, but it does have some problems. First is the location. The hotel is not close to any of the area attractions and has very limited restaurants/entertainment choices nearby.

The rooms are spacious and clean, and the staff is nice, but in our group of 16 rooms, almost everyone in the group had at least 1 problem - refrigerators that didn't work, air-conditioners that were very noisy/not working/leaking.

They do serve a good breakfast including several hot items. Our stay included a weekend - the hotel got very crowded, VERY noisy with people partying around the pool and trying to get breakfast became a nightmare and they had run out of almost everything by the time we were able to get through the lines.

All in all it is an OK hotel, but in the future I would probably look for something more centrally located.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed here with a group of people for the national bowling tournament. When we went to check-in we were told that only part of our rooms were available due to overbooking. Some of our group was moved next door for the night, which wasn't a big deal. We checked-in to our room and found we only had one bed (4 people and one bed) doesn't really work. Thankfully we had a pull out couch in our room! They comped us for our first night and moved us to the right room the next day.
The staff at this hotel is wonderful! Very nice and professional! Even got to know our maid!
Rooms were so clean and nice.
We would definalty stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank nr879
Caledonia, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Recently visited for the national bowling tournament. Front desk receptionist was busy with a group of soldiers checking in but was very effecient. Breakfast the next day was hot and fresh.
Would stay here again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Very pleased with the entire staff. Found them to be quite helpful with guiding us to local attractions and hotels and they were very pleasant! The rooms were great; very clean inside and out, satisfied with the amenities - people enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi. Even the windowsills were clean (yes, I checked). Nice buffet breakfast each morning. Free computers for guests. Only once concern is that they are very slow as they need a little maintenance. No problem using the free wi-fi though. Found our iron to have a little rust in it so be careful.

Room Tip: Didnt notice any difference. Impressed that there are handicapped-accessible rooms at this hotel :)
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Booked online through Marriott 2 weeks before arrival. When you book through Marriott, they ask if you have any special requests (foam pillows, feather pillows, early check-in, etc)
I did request a double room with early check-in. I tried to check in 25 minutes early and was denied. checked in at 3pm and walked in a King room. I called the front desk and was told that no, I requested a king room. I told the girl that I had the confirmation email and would be glad to share it with her. She told me there were no doubles available. I did request a discounted rate, which they did give me. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean. Water pressure is excellent. Had plenty of hot water. The bathtub is pretty slippery, so be careful. Breakfast was just ok...Housekeeping did not give us towels after cleaning the room the first day. Had only one towel on day 2 . My son went to the front desk to get a towel and was told to find a maid and ask for a towel which he did. Maid told him there were no clean towels in the hotel...they were all being washed. Really? how does a hotel NOT have clean towels?
In summary....the rooms are good, very clean, convenient refrigerator and microwave in room, pretty quiet with comfy beds and a sleep sofa. Customer service was seriously lacking...I wouldn't say staff was unfriendly or rude, but definitely aloof and uninterested in helping. It's pretty obvious that who ever manages this hotel needs some serious re-training in customer service,

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Express Baton Rouge North
Comfort Suites University
Comfort Suites University
#37 of 77 in Baton Rouge

Been to SpringHill Suites Baton Rouge North/Airport? Share your experiences!