“Great property!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Maryland
“Great property!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We are partial to Staybridge and this is one of the nicest we have visited. Becuase they were full, we got upgraded to a larger suite, which was perfect. I could do my work in one room while Monday Night Football played in another. The free laundry on the lobby level was a real bonus because we could catch up getting clothes washed. Knowing we would have access to a washer meant we could pack less.

The staff was very helpful. I was a bit concerned about the proximity to LSU and potential parties, but the hotel will not allow it and you also have to sign a non-smoking agreement at check-in. We had a very pleasant, quiet stay. Without question, we would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jaclyn D, Manager at Staybridge Suites Baton Rouge-Lsu At Southgate, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We take pride in being a quiet, friendly hotel even though we are in the middle of all the action. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of the extra space provided in your suite upgrade, and that you were able to use our laundry facilities to make your stay even better.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Baton Rouge!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Great people & service. Long stay here that included a huricane. Could not have been at a better hotel. We didnt loose electricity ... had lots of information from management. The only thing I can say is I will not go to the area again in August...way too hot

• Stayed August 2012
Even though your stay was under difficult circumstances (during Hurricane Isaac), we are glad that you enjoyed our property.

Come visit us again during the spring months and catch an LSU Baseball game - we promise, the weather is a little bit cooler :)
Natchitoches, Louisiana
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had a wonderful stay. When we checked in they upgraded us to a two bedroom suite, which was a nice surprise. It was marvelous. Clean from top to bottom. We slept wonderfully, the beds are top notch. It is also a quiet hotel. This hotel takes pride in their establishment. The costumer service is excellent (rare to find these days). We travel to Baton Rouge often, we will defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for staying with us! We look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I booked two bed suit for my two year old daughter, myself(pregnant) and my parents. It was about $200 each night. It was quite pricy, but I read good reviews about this hotel and was comfortable paying for it. We drove from Houston so it was after about 6 hrs on the road so we were tired when we got to the room. It was about 10:30pm and when we opened the room, there was a loud wind sound coming out of the room. There was an air blower blowing air to a corner of the room. I called the front desk and told them what happened and they said they will come pick it up saying that it was house keeping's fault that they didn't tell them about it. They did not appologize. We waited for about 30min but they still didn't come. I turned the air and found another thing beside the air blower which was a dead roach! I usually don't get grossed out but I disgusted knowing my two year old would be running around everywhere and if they missed that big bug to vacuum, I couldn't imagine how dirty other places would be. Also my mother came out of her room with a window screen in her hand. What is going on?? I called them at around 11pm, they came up and finally appologized and pick up those three items. They said they didn't have anybother room to switch to so I said I will want to talk to the manager.
Next morning I requested for the cleaning service and ran some errands and came back at 3pm. I found out that nothing was done! I talked to the front desk person who I talked to last night again and he said that it is because there are many rooms to clean. If I were them, I would cleans the room with a roach first. I was quite upset that they didn't even bother to fix what happened before. I asked for the manager to talk to. There was a man standing beside the front desk person. He was crossing his arms and just standing there. I asked him if he heard what had happened the night before and he answered yes and says, "what do you want?" what an attitude!!!!! No appologies! No wonder why the other employees had that kind of attitude! I said I wanted a free night. He proceeds to cross his arm and made a huh looking face and said "for that? Free night?? I can switch you a room" I told him what has happened yesterday and then he says "I didn't know that." then he proceeds to say "ok I will take a $100 off." he was still VERY rude. I wanted a free night because I didn't feel like their room and service were worth what I paid for. It is not because I wanted to rip them off and make money. But he totally made me feel like that. I got really upset and told him how I felt about their service and how rude he was, he said "Ok. You got a free night. You got it." He still didn't get why I was so upset and I don't even think he cared. It was a very upsetting experience. I have never been treated this way in any other hotels. I have been to many cheaper hotels but this kind of treatment never happened before. Yes, I got one night off, so I am $200 richer but definitely not happier and I will definitely will not go back, will not sleep my family and friends and definitely tell them to avoid so nobody around me would have an experience like I had.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Happyester
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Baton Rouge-Lsu At Southgate, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Happyester,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the rude behavior and poor customer service of our staff which was unacceptable. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Matthews, North Carolina
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for 4 months while conducting business in the Baton Rouge Area. This place is fairly new, very clean, and is in a great location. The Staybridge offers wonderful breakfasts and a full dinner is included 3 nights a week. There is a complete business center, including a conference room, which came in handy as I was able to interview potential employees while here. There is also a laundry room which offers free use of the machines, a complete workout room, and an outdoor pool. The staff is very helpful, friendly and professional, and Renee B, director of sales, goes out of her way to make sure all guests have a great experience while here. I definitely recommend this hotel on all levels, for long term business stays or short stays as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SusanP274
Jaclyn D, Manager at Staybridge Suites Baton Rouge-Lsu At Southgate, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your review, SusanP274! We are glad you were able to experience everything our hotel has to offer from our breakfast to our Social reception to our luxurious meeting rooms. We hope that you join us again for your next visit to Baton Rouge whether it be business or leisure related.
Cape Cod
Reviewed May 19, 2012

The property is a newer property. It is located in easy walking distance to both LSU football and baseball stadiums, as well as several restaurants. Friendly staff, comfortable quiet rooms, and great breakfast selection. The pool was small, but still refreshing after a hot day.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank dogcabo
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, DogCabo. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of our proximity to LSU during your visit and see that we truly are right in the middle of everything. We hope that you join us again some time soon, maybe in the spring months when the weather is a little less warm!
Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed April 30, 2012

The Location is great for LSU Ballgames. We loved being able to walk to Walk-ons Restaraunt and to the Purple Goose Pub N Grub. The continental breakfast was very good and the staff was very nice. It is clean and pretty new. The couple of disappointments were: we had a huge dip in the middle of our mattress. I had a horrible 2 nights sleep - having to sleep on the couch one night. I reported it after the first night and they said that there weren't any spare mattress. Hmmm! I did have to get my own clean towels and empty my own trash. And please don't call for a taxi - it takes hours. It just didnt' seem that the "extra" was not put into these important details. Other than that, had a great stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anne T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Baton Rouge-Lsu At Southgate, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Anne T,

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you left some comments on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. Your comments on the mattress will be passed on the the appropriate department. I am deeply sorry it was uncomfortable for you. We are an extended stay property, therefore we offer weekly housekeeping instead of daily. If you are here less than a week, we will clean after check out. I am sorry if this was not explained to you. I am happy you enjoyed your overall stay. Hope to see you again.

Katie J