“Always Enjoy Stroubes”
Review of Stroubes Chophouse

Stroubes Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Stroubes Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,120 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Blvd
Reviewed August 29, 2018

A good meal, food was good, service was a little scattered, but the waiter was good.
Wine list was mediocre, two bottles we ordered they were out of. Settled on a suggestion that was wasn't in par with what we had ordered, but it was good. A plus was that he decanted the $125 bottle, which a lot of places won't do. Good for them.
All in all, it being local was a plus. The waiter was very professional and friendly. I think most of it was they seated like 3 tables all within about 10 minutes of each of us, so he was covered up.
The filets were cooked perfectly, presentation was very nice. Mushrooms are enough to share and priced considerably lower than other fine dining establishments. The Crawfish Risotto was tasty, but a little overcooked and mushy. The asparagus was good, but they need to teach the prep to remove the inedible part of the stalk, I'm pretty sure if my 14 year can do it, they can. But very nice flavor.
Oh, one thing, opt for the bottled water, their tap tastes like it came right out of the river.
This wasn't our first time there, nor will it be our last. A very nice Baton Rouge atmosphere.

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

I had a dinner with my wife and we had a very good experience. Quality ingredients, nice service and very good location. A good choice of wines is available. I suggest this restaurant!

Reviewed July 30, 2018

We went with a group of 6 - 3 teens and 3 adults and all enjoyed their meals. The teen boys loved steak with crab topping and I enjoyed the fish of the day. Our server was excellent (forgot his name - he is from Russia). He was very helpful with our orders and offered suggestions. He also kindly split the bill between 3 families by orders. We had great food and excellent service. We will definitely return on subsequent trips.

1  Thank JCMC9
Reviewed July 27, 2018

We had a great meal here which was enhanced by our wonderful server Jackie who was very knowledgable about the food and drinks from the area. He also offered advice on other restaurants in the area as well as New Orleans.
Three of us had the fixed price menu which was available during Restaurant Week and the other had the appetizer of lamb cutlets. All of our dishes were very well presented and although not over large, they were certainly adequate.
All the staff were very friendly and the place had a nice ambience.

Reviewed June 4, 2018

If you are in Baton Rouge and considering a steak place, stop looking and go here. Above average wine list with decent options. Steak was absolutely on point! Staff was extremely friendly, polite, and provided excellent service. She made our dinner (along with the great staff in the kitchen) part of a wonderful night to remember. I'd give this place 6 stars if I could.

Been to Stroubes Chophouse? Share your experiences!