“Excellent Find”
Review of Stroubes Chophouse

Stroubes Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Stroubes Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,032 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Blvd
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Find”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

While travelling through BR, my colleague and I were looking for a quick place for a good bite to eat - Stroubes was excellent. My colleague is a Louisiana native who loved his dish, while I had the Ahi Tuna Salad which was fabulous. Food and service were excellent, great business/date atmosphere.

Visited January 2014

“Very Good....just a little too much salt”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Our waiter Joseph was outstanding. His attention to detail and his knowledge of wine was amazing. His suggestion of a German Reslinger paired with the white choclate creme burlee and strawberries for dessert had the taste buds jumping. A very nice finish to a great meal. We did however, find the lobster bisque, and the cheese grits paired with the Maihi Maihi to be very salty. Without hesitation, both Joseph and Nick, the manager made things right and we enjoyed a wonderful evening. The medium rare strip melted in my mouth.

• Visited January 2014
“Excellent Experience!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We ended up at Stroube's by accident when Tsunami was closed. What a great surprise. The food, service, and atmosphere were all excellent. We will definitely go back!

• Visited December 2013
Port Allen, Louisiana
“We WILL BE BACK”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Deseree' was our server and I must say she was excellent! She was familiar with the menu, made good recommendations and was a delight. We started with the Lamb Lollipops which were divine! We had a house salad with a pecan and blue cheese vinaigrette. My husband had the Pork Porterhouse served over grits and I had the Drum ragu. We had the creme' brulee for desert. Everything was delicious. My husband said his pork was like steak it was so tender and delicious. my fish was perfectly cooked and very flavorful. We highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
Kemah, Texas
“Pricey, but very good.”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Be forewarned, this is not an inexpensive place. However, if you like your steak to melt in your mouth, this is definitely the place to go. Great atmosphere and incredible food.

Visited October 2013

Been to Stroubes Chophouse? Share your experiences!