“Great Business Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Stroubes Chophouse

Stroubes Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Stroubes Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,029 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Blvd
Redding, Connecticut, USA
“Great Business Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Was in Baton Rouge on business, and a local friend took our group (8 of us) to Stroubes for lunch. Great location by the Old State Capitol, and really nice atmosphere inside. Loved the large windows and the street scene and it was really well decorated and really nice. The service was excellent, friendly, attentive and spot on. And the food was outstanding. A nice creative menu with too many items that i wanted to try. Everyone in our group was very pleased with their choices, and my duck entree was beautifully presented and excellent. I will be back here for certain next time I am in town.

• Visited February 2013

ILKLEY
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice central location with huge windows.
Know it all inattentive waiter spoiled the experience.
Steaks were average & not inexpensive.
Poor value for money & I'd been expecting something special, but we ended up disappointed

• Visited November 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Reliably good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I have had several fine meals at Stroubes and I look forward to going again when we are in the downtown area and ready for dinner. I have had both steak and seafood at Stroubes and was pleased each time. Similarly, the house wines are fine and the wine list includes a lot of the expected better wines. I would say the the service has depended entirely on which waiter we had that evening. Most often the service is OK to fine, but one one occasion we spent a long time waiting to get any one to take our order and if we had not had two guests with us, I would have gotten up at walked out - it took that long to finally see our waiter. But we had this experience only once.

Visited November 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“Wow, surprised at the quality of this restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Friends recommended Stroube's for dinner last week. I was just expecting a mediocre meal and instead enjoyed a tasty steak and bleu cheese frites. My companions raved about the grilled salmon and the pasta. We were very pleased with the seasonings and the food was served at the perfect temperature. Prices were average for a downtown restaurant and a great value for the quality of the meal. Try this one - it is near the theatre and close to downtown hotels.

Visited December 2012
“Terribly Disappointed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Had my birthday dinner here-- what a terrible DISAPPOINTMENT! The waiter was inattentive and pretentious. The wine list was sparse to begin with, and four times in a row, we were told they were "out of" the wine we selected! The food was just average. There were exactly two choices on the dessert menu. And the prices were outrageous! My birthday dinner was a ruined. We will absolutely NEVER come here again!

Been to Stroubes Chophouse? Share your experiences!