“Great food and great service”

Sullivan's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Sullivan's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 1,120 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Sullivan's Steakhouse is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks, seafood, hand-shaken martinis and live music.
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Food was great, service was great; but my company (dinner date) put the icning on the cake. It was the best dinner I've had in years.

Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

This is my favorite restaurant in Baton Rouge. I’ve been to many places around the US for steak and this, by far, is the best. The staff is always attentive and knowledgeable of the menu items. I can see that some may complain about the price, but for me, it is worth every penny.

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

We began with lobster bisque and French onion soup and moved from there to an 8 oz fillet and a bone in fillet with the cauliflower and the cream spinach. So delicious! Next we had cappuccino and a Nutella creme brûlée and bananas foster bread pudding. It was all top notch and the service was outstanding. Henry was our waiter. He really took care of us. The servings were very generous too.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

We had the steak egg rolls for an appetizer. They were served promptly along with a our Knock-out drunk order. This is a Sullivan’s specially drink that is well-balanced with a slightly sweet finish. The 6 oz and 8 oz filets that were ordered were delivered together and properly prepared as requested even though one was ordered medium and the other well done. Sides were large and provided a perfect complement to entrees

Reviewed May 2, 2018 via mobile

We normally celebrate our wedding anniversary at Ruth Chris, but for our 10th anniversary we decided to do something different, coupled with the rave reviews for Sullivan’s. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!

Sullivan’s lacks ambiance, it’s the brightest and LOUDEST upscale steakhouse, I’ve ever been in. The staff is polite and courteous. They ask over and over what is the occasion and proceed to sit us in the middle and most busiest location. My chair was bumped, we had several excuse me from the staff, just not my idea of a romantic dinner.

Ruth Chris on the other hand will seat you in the smaller dining area with the right amount of lighting, bring a Happy Anniversary dessert beautifully placed with a written note on the dessert plate..... AND offer to take a picture to commemorate the moment. NOT Sullivan’s.

We went on a Wednesday night, the dining room had maybe 7-8 tables filled, over 70% empty. It took an absorbent amount of time for our TASTELESS STEAK and instant mash potatoes to come.

The dress code is enforced randomly apparently, one guy had on a baseball cap, shorts, and tennis shoes.

If you want a nice quite romantic dinner...DON’T GO TO SULLIVAN’S. Very disappointing, won’t ever go back.

My employer constantly have representatives offering free dinners at Sullivan’s to attend some function. I wouldn’t go if it was free.

Been to Sullivan's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!